Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I have already typed them elsewhere, but I've made some observations about movie directors and their types - by that I mean those that are famous enough to have a certain recognizable style.

In particular, I think ISFp and INFp are quite common.

In my opinion:

ISFp directors:

Orson Welles
    George Lucas
    Alfred Hitchcock
    Federico Fellini
    Sofia Coppola

INFp directors:

Oliver Stone
    Ingmar Bergman
    Francis Ford Coppola
    Michael Cimino
    Pier Paolo Pasolini
    *added: Bernardo Bertolucci*

INTp directors

Stanley Kubrick
    Brian de Palma (perhaps)
    Martin Scorcese
    John Carpenter (or perhaps ESFp - I actually attended a lecture by him once, and I think Gamma was clear, but strangely I'm not sure between INTp and ESFp

ENTj directors

George Romero
    Richard Donner (or ESTj - one of the two).
    Quentin Tarantino

ENTp directors

I can only think of Steven Spielberg

I think a common feature is strong and/or valued ; the exception are the ISFp directors, but I think it makes sense if one looks at their approach to filmmaking.

Welles ISFP? I would very respectfully disagree. I just got Citizen Kane and watched it several times. It confirmed what I suspected throughtout the years as I listened to his radio dramas for hours every week: Mr Welles is the quintessentail American ENTJ. Almost certainly his real mother was ISFP and quite possibly his real father was ESFP.

From the movie the actors were as follows: One Mrs. Kane was ESTP and one ISFJ (the "singer"). His best friend ENFP. His secretary/friend/chairman of the board was ESTP. Mother wa ENFP I think. (all these from the movie of course,
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian View Post
    Welles ISFP? I would very respectfully disagree. I just got Citizen Kane and watched it several times. It confirmed what I suspected throughtout the years as I listened to his radio dramas for hours every week: Mr Welles is the quintessentail American ENTJ. Almost certainly his real mother was ISFP and quite possibly his real father was ESFP.

From the movie the actors were as follows: One Mrs. Kane was ESTP and one ISFJ (the "singer"). His best friend ENFP. His secretary/friend/chairman of the board was ESTP. Mother wa ENFP I think. (all these from the movie of course,
    It makes sense that the Kane character may have been ENTj. But in his interviews, Welles plays a little more the role of the "jolly ole fellow" who likes to tell stories, and perhaps that fits better with ISFp. I haven't studied his type in depth, but I would say that he was better than most actors at playing characters who are very different from himself.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to say that those clips of Hitchock do scream SEI to me. I only watched the first few seconds but was easily enough to reminds me a great deal of my friend. Who's also into claymation and films.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin