Thread: Conflicting types: which types ENFps don't get along with?

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny how negative I can be sometimes. When things I plan, hope and work for start going down the abyss I became negative, begin showing frustration and complaining. But I always try to remain outwardly positive and try not to pass my negativism to others around. Important to note is that I am periodically negative only about myself and my dreams, never about others'. To others I try to be as supportive and encouraging as I can be.
    Last edited by Park; 02-20-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    It's funny how negative I can be sometimes. When things I plan, hope and work for start going down the abyss I became negative, begin showing frustration and complaining. But I always try to remain outwardly positive and try not to pass my negativism to others around. Important to note is that I am periodically negative only about myself and my dreams, never about others'.
    Haha I was just about to add that.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as for types that ENFPs clash with...

This is from my experience only, so take it with a grain of salt.

I've gotten along with all ENFPs, but there have been some miscommunications. And it has bothered me because i know they lose interest in things as quickly as i do, and that made me rather insecure trying to date them. I've been friends with probably 5 or 6 male ENFPs, but have only met about one ENFP girl, so am not sure if I'd get along w/ the girls or not.

The worst type for me is ENFJ. When they're happy it's great fun. But nothing scares me more than an upset ENFJ...wow. Something about those mood swings make me kinda terrified. ENFJ comments sting. They usually only say really negative things when I'm aleady on the defense. It's definitely a mutual uncomfortable-ness.

ISTJs I find easier to deal with, because they're so upfront and straight forward. So I can clearly tell them "no, I don't want to" and they won't be offended. Where as an ENFJ will try to convince me of something and I feel if I say no, they will get their feelings hurt and start to yell at me.

Generally I don't click with ESTPs at all. They kinda glare at me like I'm up to something and they want to make sure I don't make them look bad. Unless I play dumb, in which case they sometimes like me.

ENTPs are frustrating because they are sooo fun! And I want to become close to them, but then it's always hurtful to actually get closer. They don't do it on purpose, it's just the Fi difference.

INFPs I like in theory, but I can't seem to hold much of a conversation with ones I don't already know well. I have some family member INFPs who are very talkative with me and they're great, but new INFPs I have a hard time thinking what to say to them.

Just about every other type I get along with pretty well for friends/aquaintances.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The type I find most irritating is SLE. They are obstinate to the bone and don't really care about being right or wrong; they only care about pushing their view. Some are so obstinate that, when you're talking to them, they don't even bother to look at you, because they simply ignore what they don't like.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad is an LSI, my bro is IEE. They don't get along at all. I would say my dad is always trying to "straighten him out" and commit to something while my brother is always trying to break free and explore everything. They don't really talk much anymore.
    INTj

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    ENFp's hate dream killers and nay sayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    The type I find most irritating is SLE. They are obstinate to the bone and don't really care about being right or wrong; they only care about pushing their view. Some are so obstinate that, when you're talking to them, they don't even bother to look at you, because they simply ignore what they don't like.
    From what I've seen, this theme is very accurate. In daily affairs it's not necessarily so broad-scoped that ENFps dislike dream-killers (although that would at times certainly come into play). I think the effect is more subtle - rather that their open-ended methods and hunches continually get shot down by those who have difficulty either thinking beyond what's in front of their nose, or not valuing it. The ENFp sees it as pointless skepticism - arguing for the sake of arguing - and may feel that the other person thinks they are just stupid.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    I only do that to people who are assholes about pushing their views on me. They're probably just doing it because you're pissing them off.
    This actually happened to me at an INTj's party i went to a few weeks back. This dude there who seemed to posess some form of Se wouldn't even look at me when i was talking to him. If i asked him a question he just looked straight ahead and answered breifly. I found it so rude. He was very outgoing and confident and i was trying to work out if he was SLE or ESI.

Herzy wouldn't know as shes clearly one of the nicer ESTp's
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it happened to me the day I posted it, so I had it fresh in my memory. I saw a car accident between two girls and the one who hit (A) tried to blackmail the other (B) for not having insurance, because the fine for driving a car without insurance is somewhat high.

I stepped in and supported the (B) girl, telling (A) that, if needed, I would testify. Then told (B) that it would be better for her to pay the other girl a fraction of the amount they charge in each incident instead of going to the police and have to pay the fine. That would be beneficial for both in the end.

So I essentially transformed a confrontation between two parties who looked one another like enemies and didn't want to move from their position a bit (or in other words, "all or nothing") into a situation where both cooperated to find a solution to serve their respective interests.

All was great. They were happy with the arrangement, but just before they were about to sign, the SLE brother of (B) comes out and tells (A) straight "my sister didn't hit so she's not paying a cent". Note how he didn't know a shit about the situation (for example, he didn't see the accident himself) but he was already pushing everyone to accept his view (which for SLEs is generally pretty simple: anything which doesn't benefit me is wrong). I tried to explain that his sister would eventually pay more by the fine, but the idiot just started to ignore me.

Conclusion: the (B) girl paid the fine and they returned to look one another like enemies in a trial.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post

I stepped in and supported the (B) girl, telling (A) that, if needed, I would testify. Then told (B) that it would be better for her to pay the other girl a fraction of the amount they charge in each incident instead of going to the police and have to pay the fine. That would be beneficial for both in the end.
    I don't understand this. A fraction of what amount charged by who?

And I am with the brother, she should not have to pay anything. I would rather pay the fine than giving that blackmailing bitch anything.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Well I admit that I occasionally do what that guy did at the party. The circumstance that pops into my head immediately is that this really annoying / ugly guy in several of my classes keeps trying to talk to me, and he never shuts the fuck up. The reason I wouldn't look at him was because I'm trying to get him to take the hint that I don't want to talk to him. I admit its rude, but it's a lot better than leading him on. And I think it's finally working. So yeah, there's usually a valid reason behind it, although this guy you talked to could've just been a jerk in general. Don't take it too personally.

Anyways, I highly doubt that it's strictly limited to SLEs though. I've certainly seen people of other types doing what you just mentioned to other people.
    For being a direct personality... you sure aren't very direct

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could try being nice? Although I admit some guys don't take the hint when being told directly either.

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've clashed with ENFjs and ESTps and INFps, but only once we'd started being friends. I'd guess they'd be OK as casual acquaintances if we kept enough distance.

That's nearly the whole of Beta. I'm kind of surprised that I don't clash with ISTjs. Germany is said to be ISTj, though, so maybe that makes me able to deal with ISTjs better? Moreover, they're so different that it's easier.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm volunteering for an ISTj librarian at my daughter's school. We get along OK because it's her library, and I understand that it's my job to support her however she needs support and therefore I do everything her way.

When I have worked with ISTjs where we're on a more equal level, and particularly where we have to make decisions together, it hasn't worked well. We always want to do things differently and we think the other person's idea of how to do something is stupid or wrong.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think the reason I get along pretty well with the 2 I do, is because I haven't been given the opportunity to piss them off.. haha One is my office manager, so our realms of work don't really cross. In some ways it's pretty symbiotic, b/c she LOVES routine work, so if I give her a stack of shop drawings with notes that need to be copied, oh, 100 times, she's like, "Score!" and I think "Hallelujah.. you just saved my sanity." She hates the graphic design stuff, so she gives it to me... and it just works. That type of thing isn't possible in a relationship.

If we were to organize something together... not exactly sure what would happen! Probably the same conflict that arises when I work too closely with the ENFj.

Also, I think part of the reason we get along pretty well is that she's been married to an ISTp for 20 years, so she just seems much softer than some ISTjs I've met. Maybe that has nothing to do with it, but some ISTjs have such strong personas that I can instantly be set on edge. She doesn't do that to me.

I also appreciate the fact that she welcomes people to the office with a little Fe. The firm heads are quite introverted and have a habit of hiring someone, telling none of us, and dumping the unceremoniously at a desk before disappearing themselves. We're a small firm, so group introductions are important. If everyone is caught up in deadlines and meetings and doesn't make enough of an effort to get to know the new guy, the person usually ends up looking for another job within 2 days. Luckily this time she convinced the firm heads to take the office out to lunch (and actually show up themselves!!), so I think this particular new guy is going to stay.

Aaanyway, speaking of work...