Hybrid View

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    I wish I had pictures of my coolest creation that I made in college. When I was in my last quarter at ITT, I actually made an entire town "function" on one microprocessor chip, complete with railroad around it that stopped at two stations and stop lights for the traffic when the train came through. It was a pretty cool project when all was said and done. I had streetlights (LED's) that lit up at a certain time, I even had one part where a car ran a red light at the train crossing that caused the train to stop instead of hitting it (which wouldn't happen in real life... I know ). I made sure to build in a "God" button, which was an EMO switch (not emo as it's used here, but an emergency machine off button) that made everything stop and caused life in that little town to exist. I even labeled it "God Button" on the corner of the board that I had everything on. I had pictures of it but lost them somewhere in the past 8 years...lol. but it was, by far, the coolest thing I'd ever "made."
    Try and find the pictures, that sounds really cool.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    Try and find the pictures, that sounds really cool.
    I haven't seen pictures of it since I moved from Tennessee 8+ years ago... I'm pretty sure they're in my mom's house somewhere but I'd have no idea where to even look since they've moved since I lived there. I'll ask her but I'm not thinking she'll have a clue what I'm even talking about...lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried a lows or home depot for that metal pipe? Maybe even a plumbing place... they might even have some shit laying around if you ask... though most stuff has went to pvc... I'm sure they'd have something you could use. Or even a contractor type of place... places like where I work have metal piping all over the place... if you see a factory or building going up anywhere just swing in there and ask... you'd be surprised at how people would be willing to help if you just tell them you need it for a school project.

Creepy-bg

Have you tried a lows or home depot for that metal pipe? Maybe even a plumbing place... they might even have some shit laying around if you ask... though most stuff has went to pvc... I'm sure they'd have something you could use. Or even a contractor type of place... places like where I work have metal piping all over the place... if you see a factory or building going up anywhere just swing in there and ask... you'd be surprised at how people would be willing to help if you just tell them you need it for a school project.
    just go cut some shit from a neighbors house/apartment tweaker style. Proper etiqette is to do it in the middle of night when they're asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrmmm, cool man thanks for the ideas! I think i'll do it fri or thurs morn when I have time. I just hope I don't end up killing myself, I have to strip the ends of the copper wire and solder them to a line cord, then plug it into a standard 120v outlet.

Edit: Why do we always go gay, BG?