Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Photography/Art

Creepy-bg

ehhhh that hand... its still not right :/
    Last edited by bg; 01-23-2009 at 08:58 AM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I decided to work on after my greenwood tragedy of a week ago. I started it off with the goal in mind of just practicing a little bit, nothing serious. Perhaps a bit of sketching, some simple modeling of form, playing around with color and blending. Yeah. Well. Silly me, I forgot about that little perfectionist in me; she wouldn't let me stop (and even now there are bits about the picture that nag me for fixing). So, here you go.

I'm sharing this just for you, Allie, because you mentioned wanting to see more of my work.

*poof*

Please don't quote.

Edit: Oh, and the media is Photoshop and an old Wacom tablet.
    Last edited by Minde; 01-26-2009 at 06:55 AM.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    playing around with photoshop I made a panorama... my first one actually. This pic was made with 4 photos.

This one is beautiful.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    This is what I decided to work on after my greenwood tragedy of a week ago. I started it off with the goal in mind of just practicing a little bit, nothing serious. Perhaps a bit of sketching, some simple modeling of form, playing around with color and blending. Yeah. Well. Silly me, I forgot about that little perfectionist in me; she wouldn't let me stop (and even now there are bits about the picture that nag me for fixing). So, here you go.

I'm sharing this just for you, Allie, because you mentioned wanting to see more of my work.

Edit: Oh, and the media is Photoshop and an old Wacom tablet.
    That is quite awesome actually. :-)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    This one is beautiful.
    Thanks, it was my first try at stitching photos together... I was quite happy with it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very very nice, Minde
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to mention - Your beach pictures turned out very nice, Cracka. You keep getting better and better, both in composition and technique and in post-processing.

That is quite awesome actually. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Very very nice, Minde
    Thanks.

I made a little time-lapse video from the snapshots I periodically saved as I was working on it. I thought it was interesting to see how I progressed from the initial sketch to the (mostly) final product.

*poof*
    Last edited by Minde; 01-26-2009 at 06:57 AM.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said before, the eyes and the mouth stand out to me. Particularly the mouth and lips.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. It's beautiful, Minde. Thanks for posting it. Is photoshop your favorite medium? I'm amazed at what people can do with it.

Btw, the time-lapse video is great. I went on YouTube to watch the videos of others doing something similar because I find that seeing the progress is interesting.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another panorama I made of 6 pictures.

Creepy-Diana

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I really need to get a decent camera.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Wow. It's beautiful, Minde. Thanks for posting it. Is photoshop your favorite medium? I'm amazed at what people can do with it.

Btw, the time-lapse video is great. I went on YouTube to watch the videos of others doing something similar because I find that seeing the progress is interesting.
    Thanks. I don't know if it's my favorite medium, but it's what I've been using the most lately. And I do enjoy it. It's quite forgiving (yay, undo button!), and you can do so many things and go so many directions with it. ETA: I'd really like to try Corel Painter sometime, though.

Yeah, it is interesting to watch how other people go about painting or drawing. I can learn some good ideas and tips that way.
    Last edited by Minde; 01-25-2009 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another panorama I made of 6 pictures.

Cracka you lived near this picture? if it is i am retiring there.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    Cracka you lived near this picture? if it is i am retiring there.

From there to mi casa was 63 miles on my GPS so yeah. I'll even give you a tour of the place when you make it...lol.

Creepy-bg

Last edited by bg; 01-30-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Creepy-male

That was a load of crap, BG.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

playing around with photoshop I made a panorama... my first one actually. This pic was made with 4 photos.

How big is that rock island in the center of the pic? I really want to go and sit on the top of it for a few days. (c: So beautiful.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-Cyclops

I like your pictures cracka.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I like your pictures cracka.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    How big is that rock island in the center of the pic? I really want to go and sit on the top of it for a few days. (c: So beautiful.
    While that sounds like a good idea, I can give you one reason not to. Bird Poop...lol. When I zoomed in a bit you could tell it was quite covered with it. :wink:

As shown in the pics here. You can actually see what I'm talking about a bit in that panorama shot, the little dark area of the water just to the left of that big rock.
    This pic is a picture with that rock in the background, right next to it you can see what looks like a few thousand birds hanging out in the water. On the day I took these pics, it was insane just how loud this amount of birds could be...lol.

A pic of what I'm talking about...

and a piece I cropped out from the pic above to show what I mean a bit closer up.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

While that sounds like a good idea, I can give you one reason not to. Bird Poop...lol. When I zoomed in a bit you could tell it was quite covered with it. :wink:

As shown in the pics here. You can actually see what I'm talking about a bit in that panorama shot, the little dark area of the water just to the left of that big rock.
    This pic is a picture with that rock in the background, right next to it you can see what looks like a few thousand birds hanging out in the water. On the day I took these pics, it was insane just how loud this amount of birds could be...lol.
    Well, maybe they're not used to humans and would retreat if someone landed on the island. Failing that, you could set up a large propeller or something to scare them away. And you could just ... erm bring a chair or something to sit on. :-p

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Well, maybe they're not used to humans and would retreat if someone landed on the island. Failing that, you could set up a large propeller or something to scare them away. And you could just ... erm bring a chair or something to sit on. :-p
    Yeah, I didn't really think to far into how to get around it, just the fact that I remembered looking at the rock through my zoom lens and telling my friend, "Dude, there is sooooo much shit on that rock out there."
    So when you said what you said it was the first thing that came to mind...lol. Sorry if I tried to crush your dreams of sitting on that rock. :wink:

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I didn't really think to far into how to get around it, just the fact that I remembered looking at the rock through my zoom lens and telling my friend, "Dude, there is sooooo much shit on that rock out there."
    So when you said what you said it was the first thing that came to mind...lol. Sorry if I tried to crush your dreams of sitting on that rock. :wink:
    Ah no ... I appreciate the heads up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was taking pics at a show for some friends last night and while I was waiting for them to go on I decided to play around and take some pics of a few buddies.
    Actually, two people in these pics have even met some people from this forum.

I told him to act like he had a few too many, though I wondered after this picture, if that was already the case...lol.

A couple guys I work with are in this band, the lead singer and the drummer, they always get me in free to take pics for them... win win situation...lol.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like these the best.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That bridge shot is pretty neat. Pics like the one I quoted above rarely even come up with me, I just don't think to take that type of picture...lol That's a cool pic.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything must be Cut right, Look good, Feel good, even nature and its naturalness of natural beauty must fit to bring elegance in any Japanese's work of Art.

1)

2)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Everything must be Cut right, Look good, Feel good, even nature and its naturalness of natural beauty must fit to bring elegance in any Japanese's work of Art.
    I don't know if the place was perfect, and it is the dead of winter (so not much green stuff going on), but I found it pretty and peaceful (if you ignored the throng of fellow visitors). Does it look like it should, based on the pictures, or does it horribly fail as a true Japanese work of art?

Speaking of art, in addition to teaching this term, I'm also taking a painting class (yay, finally). At the beginning of the class I brought in a semi-started (i.e. rough sketch and basic under-painting) piece, one that I have a vague goal for but don't mind if the teacher uses it to teach me with. The first two weeks I spent just cleaning up the shape of the horse and sketch-painting it out in black. Then I got the idea to document my progress on it. So, if you guys find it interesting, I'll post what it looks like at the end of each week.

Since I didn't think of it in time, we'll have to start with Week 2 (actually, the beginning of today):

Week 3 (as of right now):

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That place looks really super familiar, like I have been there. I am not joking. I remember some of that from somewhere.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel von Himmel View Post
    That place looks really super familiar, like I have been there. I am not joking. I remember some of that from somewhere.
    I've posted some pics from that place in the past, so that could be why you remember it?

Here's the first few pics from my vacation the past week and a half...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/njwhite...57613959035630

Some pics from a recent week vacation to Crater Lake in Oregon and to Monterey/San Jose/San Francisco Cali.

The first few from Crater Lake are straight from the camera.

Gotta keep the beer cold...

Now this is a road trip...lol

Went to the aquarium in Monterey, I lived there when I was young and this was my first time back in about 20 years. So that was kinda cool.

The closest I got to Alcatraz...

A few pics stitched together of the Golden Gate bridge.
    Last edited by cracka; 02-23-2009 at 06:43 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this one, from the aquarium:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't find the creation post so i'll post here.

i made an headphone amp

Out of its case, as I was building it

Going here...

To bump a little bit of this:

Inside its case:

Outer case:

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh that's cool I want it so bad!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice choice going with the altoids can...lol.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast