Hybrid View

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se and Fi.
    Last edited by Gilly; 02-13-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't spot Si at all. To me it seems like a pretty trivial PoLR.

"Waaaa, my room's a mess and I don't want to work out and I'm not sure how I feel!"

Grow a pair, imo.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I can't spot Si at all. To me it seems like a pretty trivial PoLR.

"Waaaa, my room's a mess and I don't want to work out and I'm not sure how I feel!"

Grow a pair, imo.
    weak Si/strong Si is actually the element (and polr) i spot in other people most easily.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is stupid and being so bent out of shape about it is cute and silly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spot Se PoLR the strongest. It makes me want to encourage the person to raise their voice at me so that they see I can handle it. So in the future they can openly show as much Se as they want without worrying about seeming too harsh. (this assumes they're actually Se-creatives behaving too politely).

I do spot Fe PoLR every now and then, but mostly due to their inability to react to my playful comments.

Ne PoLR never bothered me really. There's this ISTj who never likes to try new food and she hasn't tried some of the most basic things... and we keep convincing her to try some things. It doesn't bother me and she often agrees at the end. But it annoys me how she makes a sour face at ANYTHING new that she tries, including tiramisu and other yummy good things. So I guess what I'm saying is that it's fun to talk Ne PoLR people into new thing, but being so stubborn can cause them to have some annoying traits that will never go away. Otherwise, I barely notice Ne PoLR.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    weak Si/strong Si is actually the element (and polr) i spot in other people most easily.
    It's been my experience that a person will more easily spot the weakest concious function in another when that particular function is their strongest.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It's been my experience that a person will more easily spot the weakest concious function in another when that particular function is their strongest.
    Hence the joys of supervision and conflicting relations.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    i think i agree with you on this. with Si/weak sensing (or at least what i generally consider to be such) it's taken place more in the form of having been in cars with ENTps, and having white knuckled it the whole time.

@loki - i think you can spot your supervisor's strong function as well, but i also think that if your supervisor actually likes you they may not press this too much? maybe similar with mirrors.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se polr in LIIs sometimes seems rather glaring. other than that, nothing i can think of.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, from my perspective Ne barely counts as a PoLR. All you have to do is explain the situation to them.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se & Te PoLR
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think i agree with you on this. with Si/weak sensing (or at least what i generally consider to be such) it's taken place more in the form of having been in cars with ENTps, and having white knuckled it the whole time.

@loki - i think you can spot your supervisor's strong function as well, but i also think that if your supervisor actually likes you they may not press this too much? maybe similar with mirrors.
    Yes. Supervisor usually takes a liking to supervisee and tries to school them.

In my humble opinion, the supervisor is the absolute best teacher of a thing they're good at because the supervisee doesn't have any real defenses the incoming information, and the creative fosters that delivery. (Interpersonal tension aside, as that is less predictable between the two, and can happen to any two people, it will skew these results if it occurs).

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The PoLRs I spot with ease are Se, Ne, Fi and mostly Si. Se through inability to level up, Ne through lack of originality and routine overdose, Fi through awkwardness in profound ways of relating, Si by completely destroying my beloved comfort zone ;~; The latter is the most obvious to me because what I need and value in others is denied.

Situation from my curation class that made me think I'm SP/SX but in fact, it was Si DS: my group members announced that we would have to work all night to get our statistics work finished.
    Me, liking neither stats nor willing to sacrificing my holy sleep, rebelled against them all whiny, "Is that even healthy!!", also pressuring them to start asap to get it done, at least, while they even wanted to postpone it. I did end up working all night not even losing an ounce of energy - eating away all of their food lmao, that's how I punish people - but left earlier. I didn't want to let them down nor did I dare to risk getting a bad grade. The major problem was just inconvenience. They kept on working until 4,5 am or something. Blasting music and drinking alcohol while working, while I was like That work won't be high quality, and you'll be ruined In retrospect, I'm pretty sure they were ENxj types

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carrina View Post
    Yes. Supervisor usually takes a liking to supervisee and tries to school them.

In my humble opinion, the supervisor is the absolute best teacher of a thing they're good at because the supervisee doesn't have any real defenses the incoming information, and the creative fosters that delivery. (Interpersonal tension aside, as that is less predictable between the two, and can happen to any two people, it will skew these results if it occurs).
    Nah, there is a real defense - PoLR's inability to process information fast. It can process the information from Supervisor and may accept some of it for real as a consequence after having properly processed it but such absorbing of the information will take terribly long with limited results for the PoLR information itself and is not recommended in most life situations. Where it can be helpful is PoLR providing more of a perspective to the HA, maybe. Still, a very lengthy and effortful process if the information is coming from the Supervisor and not from the Dual.

If you just mean Supervisee willingly following advice of the Supervisor without understanding any of it, well I don't recommend that either. Will usually not work unless Supervisor has all relevant information about the issue/situation to be solved but that's usually not the case, far from it. Also you can't have your Supervisor always holding your hand. And blind trust is no good anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Se and Fi.
    Like, OMG Gilly!!! Like, maybe, you're like an ESFp like!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    Like, OMG Gilly!!! Like, maybe, you're like an ESFp like!

Like, no way! My ethereal computer art man might just have to don some chaps and a rhinestoned cowboy hat!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Like, no way! My ethereal computer art man might just have to don some chaps and a rhinestoned cowboy hat!
    don't forget the whip too! can't get enough bedazzlement
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp