Thread: Which PoLR is easiest to spot?

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi polr is pretty easy. People who don't have a clue how others feel about them can be accidentally annoying.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carrina View Post
    Fi polr is pretty easy. People who don't have a clue how others feel about them can be accidentally annoying.
    This is really true.

As a LIE, strangely enough, I find Fi-PoLR easiest to see, maybe because it is my DS function. But when I meet an ILE or an SLE, it is so easy for me to see that they are kind of klutzes at Fi.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This is really true.

As a LIE, strangely enough, I find Fi-PoLR easiest to see, maybe because it is my DS function. But when I meet an ILE or an SLE, it is so easy for me to see that they are kind of klutzes at Fi.
    That they are. Actually I think ethical polr in general is the most easy since it creates obvious interpersonal tension.

I actually empathise with this polr, I imagine it's painful to realise you're fucking your relationships up and not understand why people are reacting negatively to you, especially since fe is so important. I think fi polr types can go waay out of their way to preserve relationships with people that want in their lives.

They probably just see it as "people hate for no reason sometimes, and I just have to deal with that fact of life any way I can".

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or absolutely charming.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Or absolutely charming.
    Depends on how to look at it.
    The part about not understanding that you're being a jerk isn't cute, even their duals know it.

Otherwise, sure, there are cool things about these people just like every type.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on how to look at it.
    The part about not understanding that you're being a jerk isn't cute, even their duals know it.

Otherwise, sure, there are cool things about these people just like every type.
    This is assuming their personality is "jerk like" to begin with. In my opinion this is a popularist view of ILE/SLE. In reality the opposite might be more true: they are actually "over nice", "to friendly", "to overt", whilst invading boundaries. I think it would be clever to seek out intentions before effect (the Ni). Their duals know how to dance between the two. Fi-polr can also come from good homes and are the majority friendly (my point being to friendly), especially when brought up with hefty doses of Fe. Easily done with a nudge or two here and there as opposed to condemnation (Fi).
    Last edited by wacey; 12-16-2016 at 02:45 AM.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is assuming their personality is "jerk like" to begin with. In my opinion this is a popularist view of ILE/SLE. In reality the opposite might be more true: they are actually "over nice", "to friendly", "to overt", whilst invading boundaries. I think it would be clever to seek out intentions before effect (the Ni). Their duals know how to dance between the two. Fi-polr can also come from good homes and are the majority friendly (my point being to friendly), especially when brought up with hefty doses of Fe. Easily done with a nudge or two here and there as opposed to condemnation (Fi).
    Yeah, this is definitely a stereotype. For one quite egregious example, Jill Stein comes across quite SLE to me based on other typed examples I have. There is actually a lot of variation within a group of people who perceive the same elements of reality the most prominently, how shocking.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With ILE this might be true in some cases, with SLE I would disagree. They often act like jerks and expect you to suck it up rather having themselves cater to people's feelings. An SLE might even intentionally hurt someone's feelings if they think it will make others think of them as "the boss", or if they think it will gain them social favor by doing so.
    Last edited by Muddy; 12-16-2016 at 11:25 AM.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    With ILE this might be true in some cases, with SLE I would disagree. They often act like jerks and expect you to suck it up rather having themselves cater to people's feelings. An SLE might even intentionally hurt someone's feelings if they think it will make others think of them as "the boss", or if they think it will gain them social favor by doing so.
    True but that's more of a low functioning person's behavior.
    I've found this in all beta types for the record.
    Last edited by carrina; 12-16-2016 at 08:36 PM.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True but that's more of a low functioning person's behavior.
    I've found this in all beta types for the record.
    You're SEE, you're supposed to like most beta types, not think that they're permanently low-functioning...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Yeah, they can be like that, I agree.

Even though if you directly tell them to stop because they're making a fool out of themselves, they will normally do.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure.
    But they also come off as jerks sometimes without intending it. I'm not saying they are jerks, I'm saying it's hard for them not to come off that way at times.

I think that this applies to healthy versions too

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only annoying if you care about your own feelings about them

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Only annoying if you care about your own feelings about them
    nice try there, again, but only psychopaths are without feelings.

You know it when someone treats you like your feelings aren't important and it doesn't feel good no matter what type you are. Unless you're a masochist that is.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice try there, again, but only psychopaths are without feelings.

You know it when someone treats you like your feelings aren't important and it doesn't feel good no matter what type you are. Unless you're a masochist that is.
    That's absolutely true, but I've rarely felt like Fi Vulnerable types were acting in a way that hurt my feelings -- since for me feelings are much more about than . I would be more likely to view an Vulnerable type as untrustworthy.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    That's absolutely true, but I've rarely felt like Fi Vulnerable types were acting in a way that hurt my feelings -- since for me feelings are much more about than . I would be more likely to view an Vulnerable type as untrustworthy.
    As per socionics model