Thread: ethnicity visual simularities

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ethnicity visual simularities

I know that within each culture there are millions of different faces, but what about more homogenous asian cultures, are they more prone to certain personality types?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the reason Asians seem more "alike" then our commonly experienced ethnicities is due to the undere-exposure to them(assuming you're not Asian) as an infant. I come to this conclusion knowing that, as a child, one's brain proacesses informationin such a way that it can tell the difference between two humans faces. AN interesting bit of inormation is that a child under 6 months(I believe) can tell the difference between two baboon faces, yet those over such an age cannot.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...well I can tell pretty well between Koreans, Japanese, Mongolians, southern Asians, and Chinese, but I would have a hard time seeing the differences between several persons with the same ethnicity

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, as MysticSonic does, that the only reason why Asian faces may seem 'homogenous' is due to lack of exposure. Although Asians posess certain consistent characteristics such as black hair and brown eyes due to the dominant nature of these genes, there are definitely as many variations in face shapes in Asian populations as in any other ethnic populations - this itself being indicative of the different personalities among Asian races.