Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Hes told me more than once that he can see himself dying early (he can feel it).
    I've heard that from my SEI friend too.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow? Ok so its not type related (not like i really thought it was with any conviction). Occording to me anyway, this feeling is illogical so i ignore it. I must admit i dont relish the idea of being old but i will do so gracefully im sure. I do have a strong sense that all humans are teetering on the brink of death, it just takes one small occurance and BAM your dead. Ive just accepted that i cant really control that tho and we will see what happens. I dont really have any sense of my own death though, i just hope its later rather than sooner!

@ Chocolate haha i like your avatar and name its just very cute.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm the same. I was a caretaker for seniors for some time and it really depressed me. The whole steady decline, reliance upon others and meaninglessness of life makes me not want to live to that age. But I don't think i'll ever get to that point. I would hate to be a burden to people. The day I have to start wearing diapers, someone has my permission to off me.
    The same here. I would like to be a crazy granny like my ESFp grandma, if I had a possibility to choice my late years. She drives a car 100km/h, travels a lot, paints pictures and goes to parties with her friends. This prospect is quite optimistic barring age limit.

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    @ Chocolate haha i like your avatar and name its just very cute.
    Thanks . I can say that this name is my substance . My family says I don't eat properly, but I love eating chocolate too much hahah.
    IEE. subtype.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I'm glad I don't have these intuitions. I'm going to be an old person like my ENFp grandmother. I have no idea how old she really is because she's so full of life and she relates really well with us grandkids. (Yeah, if I really wanted to know I'd just look up her b-day somewhere.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or it could just be that all SLIs are buddhists.

seriously, i don't see what's so hard to understand about not wanting to be too attached to a life/world that could end at any moment.

"attachment is the root of all suffering...."

there's nothing morbid or anti-Ni about it. it just is.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    buddhists (...)

"attachment is the root of all suffering...."
    Thought it was "desire".
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Thought it was "desire".
    yes, but attachment to this desire is the problem, not the desire itself.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee