Thread: ISTp-ENFp duality and implicit perception of emotional needs

Threaded View

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Have you ever seen the Neil Simon play "Plaza Suite"? In the third part of that, there's this bride freaking out worried about getting married who locks herself in the bathroom. And her parents are freaking out about her being locked in the bathroom while the guests are arriving. This goes on for ages, with her parents getting more and more upset and getting nowhere with her. So finally, the groom comes up, and they begrudgingly tell him what the problem is - that she's anxious and crying, and she's locked herself in the bathroom and won't come out. He shows no emotion, walks over to the bathroom door, pounds on it and says "cool it". And that's all she needed - she comes out of the bathroom ready to get married. The anxiety of her parents wasn't helping her anxiety. She needed someone without all that extra emotion to relax her.

That is the best thing about ISTps.
    No never heard of that movie, but it sounds like fun. IMDB says it's a TV show, is that right? Let's see if I can get a copy of it.

The more I think of it, the more I doubt I've ever run into an ISTp. I had a date last year with a woman that didn't say very much and actually gave me the feeling she wasn't interested at all, not in the positive sense, but also in the negative sense, her attitude seemed completely neutral to me. So at the end of the date, I wanted to shake her hand and say goodbye, and she suddenly smiled joyfully as if she liked me and had enjoyed the date and wanted to give me a friendly goodbye kiss (the way we Dutch typically do: 3 kisses on the cheeks). I was flabbergasted at the contrast in behavior. Does this sound ISTp to you?
    Last edited by consentingadult; 02-10-2008 at 03:00 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking