Thread: working out: Si or Se?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    My initial thought is that it depends on the type of workout and the reason for doing it.

If your being competitive that can be a little more Se. If your doing it to get bigger muscles say, so you can intimidate and beat folk up, then there's definately aspects of Se there.

I think Si types work out because they know overall that hedonism isn't good for them as overall having a fit healthy body leads to a healthy physical and mental state.

Also..you can jog say upper level 2 in terms of pulse rate, its still working out but your not busting a hammer into it so more Si.

Also, if your going full pelt, an Si would be more inclined to do this to feel the sensations of their body and feel alive, whereas an Se would do it perhaps more so in order to punish and test their limits IMO.
    yep, it just depends on the reasons. i hate working out in gyms because i see so many people i know in school, and they never stop yapping at me. i relly just like going in and going out.

working out is both si and se, it just depends on your reasons. my main reason is that it alleveates my mild asthma, and makes me feel like a million bucks when i'm done. the rest like muscles n such are just secondary benefits. i really do it for the runner's high =)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    yep, it just depends on the reasons. i hate working out in gyms because i see so many people i know in school, and they never stop yapping at me. i relly just like going in and going out.
    Same, it's soooo much better to work out at home

I love excercise that involves an activity or motion or speed much much more. Running, sports, and martial arts i'll take any day over 'working out with the gym rats'.
    True...or skiing, dancing, biking, etc
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, ive no clue what 'snowboarding' goes under, but i'd take that too over doing nothing but gym

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    working out is both si and se, it just depends on your reasons. my main reason is that it alleveates my mild asthma, and makes me feel like a million bucks when i'm done. the rest like muscles n such are just secondary benefits. i really do it for the runner's high =)
    i think i agree that you can't call it just Si or Se. but for the fun of it, where do you place people who work out because they like the way it makes them feel? Si? it seems like there are too many Se polr types (such as mariano rajoy, here) who really enjoy this stuff. if i had to place people in any boxes, i think niffweed might have said it most accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I think your "gym rat" type is more likely to value Se over Si, partially because they want to be fit - not just healthy, but noticeably very fit - to achieve an aura of power. Also, there's a certain element of Fe at a gym - it's a very social kind of place - and my husband will exercise if the doctor hassles him but he hates to do it in that kind of a setting because of that. So someone who values Se plus Fe in a lot of cases.
    yeah, i agree that "gym rats" more often strike me as Se>Si, but i think there are people who probably don't value Fe who go to the gym as well. and avoid gyms for other reasons. i don't really know anyone at my gym, and if i do i can usually cut off a conversation and don't feel all that inclined to join in. i wonder how many people avoid gyms due to weird sensing polrs as well (like, becoming intimidated at a gym because everyone is ridiculously attractive and totally not bothered by wearing ridiculous spandex shit.)
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Cyclops

@implied

Whats your take on my post? The first one (i think i posted 2)