Thread: Help me out here, please

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    ISTp's are actually a lot less emotional than i am so tend to do this better i think.
    A lot less "emotional", I wouldn't think so, that's individualistic. Now, a lot less "emotionally expressive" - definitely. Probably the least emotionally expressive socio-type.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    A lot less "emotional", I wouldn't think so, that's individualistic. Now, a lot less "emotionally expressive" - definitely. Probably the least emotionally expressive socio-type.
    edit: hmm came out wrong no comment lol
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaďs Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was gonna quote that.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many times do you edit your replies, lol?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many times do you edit your replies, lol?
    A butt load! Its like i write something, think of something else, realise somethings wrong, spelt incorrectly etc. I dont normally want to step on toes / hurt feelings. ehe
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaďs Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to go to sleep. See you guys tomorrow.

Creepy-Cyclops

If your like me, you'll probably come up with something on the spot. I'm very spontaneous. But for what its worth I would maybe do this:

Pay a visit with the off the cuff, and valid reason to see the car again (have you bought yet..i think you said you haven't?!)

Chat to her for a bit. Keep eye contact. Remember to smile at various points through coversation.

Then casually slip in to the conversation;

'I had real busy weekend there, what about you?' Try and get to talk about her social life a bit..you'll be finding out what nights she's free over the next few days.

She answers..if she says she was out with her boyfriend then you know you won't get out with her (but all you've done is made small talk, so no embarrassment occurs for you) If not, then you say

'What, you didn't have a knight in shining armour take you out? A stunner like you?' Remember to smile-you are flirting and complimenting. This should make her laugh and will at least appreciate the compliment (even secretly she will)

She answers some stuff or just laughs.

You say,

'You know theres this lovely Italian restaurant I know. I haven't been in ages. We should go on [insert day you know she's free from earlier in conversation]'

Then see what she says! Voiala!

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    I'd say she was probably just doing her job, and seemingly doing it quite well. But, in the case that she would be interested in you, your best bet is to just call up there, ask for (insert chick's name here), and then tell her she was very helpful to you and that you'd like to buy her a cup of coffee or dinner to show your appreciation.

Then again, think positively and maybe she'll say she'd really like that and give you her number. Which will leave you and her both all day.
    Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talkin bout.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problemo. Youre not the first, lol. People have thought I am a girl, or a black guy... I don't care, i just find it funny sometimes cause I have no clue where it comes from.
    <3

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I 'll pay her a visit, be nice and try to get things going.

In case I fail to find the guts to guide the conversation, I could send there someone (a friend) later to tell her I appreciated her help and wanted to ask her out for a drink but I felt too embarrassed to do so. Or something like that. What do you think?

ps. She's a little older than me, 4-6 years maybe, which makes the situation even harder for me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I 'll pay her a visit, be nice and try to get things going.

Thats the way!
    I could send there someone (a friend) later to tell her I appreciated her help and wanted to ask her out for a drink but I felt too embarrassed to do so. Or something like that. What do you think?
    I think most would tell you its not a good idea. Shows a lack of courage and puts your friend in a strange situation. Funnily enough as an ENFp i would think it was cute and it would work though.

ps. She's a little older than me, 4-6 years maybe, which makes the situation even harder for me.
    Older than you is so much better. Probably less immature and knows what they want.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shows a lack of courage and puts your friend in a strange situation. Funnily enough as an ENFp i would think it was cute and it would work though.
    My friend(s) would have no problem doing such a thing, but you're right, it can easily be taken as a lack of courage, which could either be a bad or a good thing. She could take it either way.

Probably less immature and knows what they want.
    Haha, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case I fail to find the guts to guide the conversation, I could send there someone (a friend) later to tell her I appreciated her help and wanted to ask her out for a drink but I felt too embarrassed to do so. Or something like that. What do you think?
    NO way, under no circumstance...lol

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO way, under no circumstance...lol
    Yeah, I can't trust no one. What if he takes the chance and steal her from me, lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can't trust no one. What if he takes the chance and steal her from me, lol.
    That would be one of a few things that could screw up your situation with the chick.

I didn't think I'd have to explain at all what I meant...lol. But just because I feel it may be worth it.
    1. You'd look like a spineless wimp, for lack of a better word.
    2. You'd pretty much show how insecure you are... it would be hard to see it as shy after a certain point.
    3. She'd be like WTF?!? when someone else started talking about a conversation or chit-chat that you had. (causes trust issues right off the bat = not good)
    4. Your friend may be a person she doesn't like and this puts you in a bad light.
    5. Your friend may show more balls than you and pick her up... a bit later on you'll see him bringing her to the next party you see him at... (Screw that.)
    I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any that are really as important as these I've listed.

You also mentioned:
    Quote Originally Posted by winterpark
    My friend(s) would have no problem doing such a thing, but you're right, it can easily be taken as a lack of courage, which could either be a bad or a good thing. She could take it either way.
    While you may "think" that she "thinks" this may be "cute"... there's reeeeeeally no way she'd take it as a good thing showing lack of courage in this sense... Then again, there's some women that are different than most so I will just say this is just my opinion here and I don't know everything...lol I just know 9/10 times it wouldn't be taken in a good way.

I just hope at some point you're actually gonna do something, instead of just posting about it...lol

Creepy-Cyclops

That would be one of a few things that could screw up your situation with the chick.

I didn't think I'd have to explain at all what I meant...lol. But just because I feel it may be worth it.
    1. You'd look like a spineless wimp, for lack of a better word.
    2. You'd pretty much show how insecure you are... it would be hard to see it as shy after a certain point.
    3. She'd be like WTF?!? when someone else started talking about a conversation or chit-chat that you had. (causes trust issues right off the bat = not good)
    4. Your friend may be a person she doesn't like and this puts you in a bad light.
    5. Your friend may show more balls than you and pick her up... a bit later on you'll see him bringing her to the next party you see him at... (Screw that.)
    I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any that are really as important as these I've listed.

You also mentioned:

While you may "think" that she "thinks" this may be "cute"... there's reeeeeeally no way she'd take it as a good thing showing lack of courage in this sense... Then again, there's some women that are different than most so I will just say this is just my opinion here and I don't know everything...lol I just know 9/10 times it wouldn't be taken in a good way.

I just hope at some point you're actually gonna do something, instead of just posting about it...lol
    I think he should bring a ring

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k, mister crackasanova. I appreciate your help, and what you say makes sense. I am as inexperienced in relationships as it gets, so yeah, I am insecure. But should I "hide" my insecurities? And what would you say about getting advice from friends, a good idea, or a bad one? (Oops, I shouldn't have asked that, lol)

Haha, the thought of not doing anything (which isn't unlikely) scares the shit out of me. But why the fuck do I always quit in situations like this? I should go ahead take the initiative and do something for once for god sakes.

Creepy-Cyclops

If someone were to ask me out, i'd feel flattered that they found me attractive.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    If someone were to ask me out, i'd feel flattered that they found me attractive.
    I wish others asked me out cause I am no good with taking initiative. I am also afraid of failure (being rejected), which is something I need to work on.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish others asked me out cause I am no good with taking initiative. I am also afraid of failure (being rejected), which is something I need to work on.
    are you going to keep beating about the bush, or are you finally going to call her up? This sounds like you're procrastinating and by the time you are ready, someone else has courted her and is banging her! Is that what you want?

You want to work on your fear of being rejected? I can't think of another way of overcoming it then going through the ordeal: ask her! Chances are that you will be rejected, but you will also find out that such a rejection is not as bad as it sounds. A police office on COPS once said: the difference between a hero and a coward is that a hero, despite his fears, will do what has to be done. Do not try to push away your fear. Perhaps this exercise is helpful:

just before you call her up, close your eyes and imagine a situation in which she is physically is present and alone with you. Then say to her: "Listen, I want to ask you out for a drink, but it's difficult for me, because I'm afraid you will reject me." Then see how she responds. See what happens within you.

By the way, do you have any idea why you are afraid of failure and rejection?
    Last edited by consentingadult; 02-09-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    are you going to keep beating about the bush, or are you finally going to call her up? This sounds like you're procrastinating and by the time you are ready, someone else has courted her and is banging her! Is that what you want?
    Haha, definitely not! I will go there first thing monday. I must.

...Then say to her: "Listen, I want to ask you out for a drink, but it's difficult for me, because I'm afraid you will reject me." Then see how she responds.
    I haven't thought of that but it sounds like a great idea.

By the way, do you have any idea why you are afraid of failure and rejection?
    Hmm, I don't know. That's how I am, it devastates me emotionally. I am usually certain and confident in the things I do but when I feel incompetent and uncertain about something I usually end up quiting and saying to myself "fuck this, I can't do this, who am I kidding". That gives me a temporal emotional relief but later on I feel sorry for myself and hate myslef for being this way.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

btw, where did cracka's latest post go?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, where did cracka's latest post go?
    hahaha... Well, last night I went in to edit it and add some other shit into it. By the time I was done I decided I didn't like it anymore...lol I ended up hitting delete post and then forgot that I'd just hit edit instead of reply. *posting while extremely intoxicated is probably not the best way to make a point here. It may even be in the archive since I think deleted posts get saved before getting deleted. I'll c if mcnew can pm it to me and i'll put it back up.

Elro pm'd me a video he took of me showing how things went down...lol For those that haven't been here long enough, I used to be a squirrel on this forum at some point.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe this helps.

it's always appreciated to be open and honest, and you don't make a fool out of yourself if you show your well meant motives.

Tell her:

"I would like to be honest to you, I liked the conversation and I think it would be nice if we could talk again sometime, if that is possible. If not then ofcourse no problem."

Try to get her phonenumber.

ps: in a book I read, this approach gives a 50&#37; score with any single stranger you meet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That squirrel is shitfaced..

Winterpark. Just stroll in all confident like. Wink at her, put your portable cd player on a car and crank this song, while pointing and dancing seductively

Anyway ur best bet isn't to work it up in your mind, try to make is as casual as u can
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude, just ask her. cmon. if she says no big woop.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    dude, just ask her. cmon. if she says no big woop.
    Well the point is to (try to) get a positive answer, not just to "ask her". Her answer will highly depend on the impression I give. Besides, it's not what you do, it's how you do it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, so just be your super calm and relaxed self, look her right in eye, smile and ask her. Think of when Peter asks the waitress out in the movie office space. guy acted like he just got done fucking or something.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    it's always appreciated to be open and honest, and you don't make a fool out of yourself if you show your well meant motives.
    I don't usually give much attention to motives. Who cares about my motives anyways, not even me. Actions and results/consequences are more important to me.

(Anyway, thanks for the tip.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Hey Winterpark, I know you've already gotten tons of advice and stuff.....but there's this relevant thing I read once @ breakupgirl.net......idk if it will help. But yeah.

(http://www.breakupgirl.net/advice/991129/991129.html)

Yep, just do what makes sense and with some manners.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend has absolutely no fear of approaching women or rejection. He just talks to them.

Chicks dig ISTp
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heck with it all man... Walk in there and just say, "I'd like to hit that tonight if you don't have anything going on."
    Just prepare yourself to pass out if she says: "ok."

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahaha...

Creepy-Cyclops

Just go for it. If she blows you off you'll never see her again anyway.

Go for it dude. If she's not interested it ain't the end of the world. Just means she's frigid haha

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well guys, I went there today. She was there, but I didn't get the chance to talk to her, unfortunately. She was with a customer when I entered. She saw me but didn't react in any way. There was this stupid sales guy I came across instead and got stuck with him the whole time. I stayed there for about an hour, looking at the cars and talking to the guy, waiting to get the chance to talk to the girl, but I didn't. We made a short eye contact a couple of times. I wanted to at least say hello or something but I didn't find the right moment (and I didn't feel like waving my hand to greet her or do some ridiculous acrobation ). What I realized was that she 's (probably) the same with everyone and she was just doing her job. I mean she spent as much if not more time with her current customer as she did with me the other day... (they were still talking when I quit)

I don't think she's interested, I don't think she even remembers me, my friend thinks she 's probably married, but I think I 'll give it another try because, I AM interested, I do remember her and I hope she's not married.

What do you think?

by the way, I still don't know her name, and I don't see how I could show up there again without being ready to actually buy a car.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should stop waiting for "the right time", you're overthinking this. Just go up to her and ask her politely what you need to know. I guess it's easier said then done neh?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're overthinking this.
    Yeah, as usual.

I guess it's easier said then done neh?
    For you may be not, but for me, yes.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your post doesn't make much sense, actually. I have manners, I can't just walk up to her in front of the others and interrupt her conversation like a moron.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't say to do that, I'm just saying if you're waiting for the right time all the time, it'll never come.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't say to do that, I'm just saying if you're waiting for the right time all the time, it'll never come.
    OK, I see what you mean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast