Thread: think back think wayyy back

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided I didn't believe in religion in middle school.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lived in the country near a 'mountain', so I spent most of my free time out, alone in the bush (year round). I was also an avid reader, and extremely active. I used to have a lot of play-acting fantasies where I'd be a soldier, explorer, etc., and I used to drive my family crazy with random facts from almanacs, the guiness book of world records, and the sort. Pretty obedient, well-behaved kid, who was popular partially as a result of good bluffing skills.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I decided I didn't believe in religion in middle school.
    seems quite a lot of alphas do this, and younger ages.

also.. hm is this a sign of low se.. i ran into things a lot..

I also was very creative at a young age.. i was really into stop motion making lots of flipbooks, recording cartoons and drawing each frame. I wrote a lot of stories, taught myself to play piano. That stopped maybe in my mid-teens. I think I started thinking in terms of structure at age 8 (social structures, claiming things were relative, etc).

Also.. dont know if this is related to that but.. at a young age I also developed a STRONG aversion to mysticism, paranormal subjects. I remember even thinking "i dont know where this [aversion] came from" when I was exploring more structured religions (which I did not consider mystical)
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 02-07-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    seems quite a lot of alphas do this, and younger ages.

also.. hm is this a sign of low se.. i ran into things a lot..

I also was very creative at a young age.. i was really into stop motion making lots of flipbooks, recording cartoons and drawing each frame. I wrote a lot of stories, taught myself to play piano. That stopped maybe in my mid-teens. I think I started thinking in terms of structure at age 8 (social structures, claiming things were relative, etc).

Also.. dont know if this is related to that but.. at a young age I also developed a STRONG aversion to mysticism, paranormal subjects. I remember even thinking "i dont know where this [aversion] came from" when I was exploring more structured religions (which I did not consider mystical)
    Doubtful.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Doubtful.
    the "and" part?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    the "and" part?
    Both.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i liked to read a lot, as in, really sort of impressive amounts. funny considering that i don't do it nearly as much as i should now. i was known to enjoy arguing on any topic i could possibly argue about, leading my parents to think i'd be a lawyer. i loved listening to music, but really didn't display much interest in learning to play until i was older. i liked to spend a lot of time outside while my mother gardened -- don't know how much i actually gardened myself. my room was always mess and pretty much disorganized.

what else...

i used to be incredibly curious wanting to take everything apart that i could get my hands on. i think a lot of people could probably relate with this, but my mom always points this out as a source of annoyance with me. as far as obedience in school -- usually i was pretty good in kindergarten and such because i sort of wanted to please people (and please teachers! i really got off on the attention when i was little.) i mean, when i was a teen i did a 180 and i was pretty much horrible. i still made the really good grades, but i sneaked out of my house a lot/got in trouble for rolling people's houses/going to parties and things like this/generally being delinquent.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't have a fun childhood. When you don't talk, that kinda freaks people out, haha. Kids teased me endlessly. Some ass used to refer to me as "the mute", lmao. I hated every minute of school, I hardly went. But I had a lot of friends outside of school who were older. We'd always have sleepovers and what not.

But yeah, being fat, looking like a boy and not saying a word the entire school day really doesn't make you too popular. It stopped in highschool when i realized the importance of speech. It's funny now i see all the kids that treated me like crap and they're speechless that I can acutally talk and look like a female.