Thread: think back think wayyy back

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default think back... think wayyy back...

so i was just wondering what u guys were like as kids and if maybe that was an early predictor of your IM preferences later on...

For instance, I got kicked out of gymboree for pushing kids and got kicked out of pre-school cuz i bit too many people. haha hmm... slightly much?

idk this could mean nothing or mean something- who knows? at least we'll all take strolls down memory lane haha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be a demon child from 3-8, pulling on girls hair, torturing my younger cousins, and lighting fireworks and throwing them at kids. Thats also when I started to LOVE to play outside with my friends, and most of my memories as a kid are me with 2 or 3 other buddies playing pogs, shooting marbles, running to see who could cover the block the fastest (natch, only won half the damn time), racing around my neighborhood with my bike, and causing all sorts of trouble. Some video games were thrown in there for good measure too, SNES ruled.

I mellowed out around my teenage years.

And um, now in my twenty's i'm starting to come around full circle.

....Wow.

Edit: Thanks for bringing back such great memories, i'll sleep soundly tonight.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry.
    Last edited by munenori2; 02-07-2008 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Mis-post.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided I didn't believe in religion in middle school.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lived in the country near a 'mountain', so I spent most of my free time out, alone in the bush (year round). I was also an avid reader, and extremely active. I used to have a lot of play-acting fantasies where I'd be a soldier, explorer, etc., and I used to drive my family crazy with random facts from almanacs, the guiness book of world records, and the sort. Pretty obedient, well-behaved kid, who was popular partially as a result of good bluffing skills.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I decided I didn't believe in religion in middle school.
    seems quite a lot of alphas do this, and younger ages.

also.. hm is this a sign of low se.. i ran into things a lot..

I also was very creative at a young age.. i was really into stop motion making lots of flipbooks, recording cartoons and drawing each frame. I wrote a lot of stories, taught myself to play piano. That stopped maybe in my mid-teens. I think I started thinking in terms of structure at age 8 (social structures, claiming things were relative, etc).

Also.. dont know if this is related to that but.. at a young age I also developed a STRONG aversion to mysticism, paranormal subjects. I remember even thinking "i dont know where this [aversion] came from" when I was exploring more structured religions (which I did not consider mystical)
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 02-07-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    seems quite a lot of alphas do this, and younger ages.

also.. hm is this a sign of low se.. i ran into things a lot..

I also was very creative at a young age.. i was really into stop motion making lots of flipbooks, recording cartoons and drawing each frame. I wrote a lot of stories, taught myself to play piano. That stopped maybe in my mid-teens. I think I started thinking in terms of structure at age 8 (social structures, claiming things were relative, etc).

Also.. dont know if this is related to that but.. at a young age I also developed a STRONG aversion to mysticism, paranormal subjects. I remember even thinking "i dont know where this [aversion] came from" when I was exploring more structured religions (which I did not consider mystical)
    Doubtful.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Doubtful.
    the "and" part?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    the "and" part?
    Both.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you saw me at school anywhere between kindergarden and 3rd grade you probably would have thought I was INFp. At home it was completely different. I didn't have friends in school or out, but also wasn't phased by it. I was loud and bossy at home, especially after my brother was born when i was 2. i dominated him fairly often which has scarred him a bit apparently. (he can own me now physically but i still mentally dominate no worries)

Shit went on at my house apparently, but I don't remember a lot of it which might explain this state I was in all the time. constant state of....being satisfied and entertained by myself?

Anyhow...I did random weird things though....like got up on tables and yelled at kids who were annoying me (not really talking to me, just annoying, lol)

I'd get pissed off about having to walk in strait lines all the time so I'd run off in big crowds and hide in bathroom stalls

Then in 5th grade I just got plain mischivious so...from then on i developed this chameleon thing...to "fit in" because this is when i started wanting friends and didn't really know what to do about it seeing as i hadn't worried about it for that past um... 10 years.

meh that sort of thing went on till 10th grade when i got alll crazzzZZzzZZyyy, and found one particular friend who helped things along

oh, periodically throughout all of this i had mock panic attacks about the exisistance of God, couldn't make sense of it...probably because there isn't any but how is a kid supposed to know that?!

anyway.....i cant really tell what type i seemed to be when i was younger because of way too many enviromental issues. thats the point of this story.
    Last edited by Khamelion; 02-07-2008 at 01:11 PM.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was loud and raucous and used to command some of my peers.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...0&postcount=15

There are others I can come up with, but that is a good start.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a kid my family describes me as nice and loving and sweet. How informative.

My teachers always described me as hard to control. My fourth grade teacher called my parents in for a meeting, where he told them "When I walk in the class in the morning, I get all the kids quiet and in their seats, but as soon as I try to take the class in one direction, George has them going in a completely different one."

In fifth and sixth grades I completely rejected my old peer group and became a little more...openly rebellious. I started lighting things on fire. I was the first one of my friends to get a girlfriend (and she was two years older than me ). I also started reading a lot around this age.

In middle school I got pretty nasty. I started listening to Eminem and Marilyn Manson and blowing shit up with molotov cocktails, bombs, fireworks, plain old fire, and making just about everything out of the Anarchist's cookbook online.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see.. spent a lot of time day-dreaming (no change there ).. I remember watching a home video of when I was 4 and I was spouting gibberish.. and I don't mean just stringing random words together, I mean literally stringing random letters together and yet speaking them as though I knew exactly what I meant. I wonder if at that age I was basically speaking aloud the images in my mind. I could probably still do this now if I concentrated on it, but obviously English is the first language that comes to mind when I speak nowadays . It wasn't that I didn't know English at all back then or anything like that, I just seemed to quite happily speak these random...things. Socially I was very introverted although in private I acted a lot more extrovert, although I've always been like this around people I'm comfortable with. Although sometimes I act like it around strangers because it's like a release for social tension. Well, not a release as such, but whenever I'm socially tense or feeling awkward or whatever I tend to act like that for some reason. I dunno, I'm a strange 'un. Always have been, always will be.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    so i was just wondering what u guys were like as kids and if maybe that was an early predictor of your IM preferences later on...

For instance, I got kicked out of gymboree for pushing kids and got kicked out of pre-school cuz i bit too many people. haha hmm... slightly much?

idk this could mean nothing or mean something- who knows? at least we'll all take strolls down memory lane haha
    Is it possible that you had ADHD? Cause I'm pretty sure my kid is a Ni type, and he did that sort of stuff everyday before he was on Concerta.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was socially shy with kids, overly talkative with adults. I played with barbies with the neighbor boy, bikes, and climbed trees. When playing barbies I'd set up a house, put together a scenario as far as how the characters were related, then lost interest and wandered off or tore it down. When on my bike, I'd make skid marks on the gravel road I lived on, raced other kids, and road my bike all over the medium sized town I lived in (even when I was like 8). When climbing trees, I'd often sit in a branch for a while and imagine what the area would have looked like 100 or 1,000 years ago, and how it will develop 100 and 1,000 years into the future. I also made forts in the woods a lot. And snow forts. And I baby sat the neighbor kids, and one of the neighbors would pay me to help him with chores in the yard, so I did that whenever I could. I fought with the neighbor boys a lot, too. In church and school I was antsy. I got mad because my sister always won the prize for sitting still and being quiet in junior church, but no matter how hard I tried I wouldn't win because I was just too fidgety. Pissed me off. I fought with my brother and sister a lot, too, but I also took care of them quite a bit. I enjoyed cooking, but I wasn't all that good at it. I watched a lot of science shows and the A Team. And Matlock. (We didn't have cable.) I tried to play several musical instruments but never made it very far because I wouldn't practice.
    SEE

Creepy-Cyclops

I've ain't ever gonna stop being a kid.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awhile ago I posted a short autobiography from my earliest memory to the age of six... in Delta somewhere... it was at Jonathan's behest, if I remember correctly. Maybe I'll go find it... EDIT: found it.

I'm not sure how to describe myself as a child.
    Last edited by Minde; 02-09-2008 at 05:55 PM.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At another's suggestion, I attempted to write an autobiography once. I got to about age 5 I think.
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I've ain't ever gonna stop being a kid.
    OH YEAH

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember K-4. I was always in the time out chair because I never liked anyone and I liked to bite people.

Then in 1st grade, I was always talking and getting up and doing everything I wasn't supposed to do. I was a total weirdo tbh.

Then second grade rolled along, and my one best friend moved away. So I had no friends and everything compounded up. So all I did was keep to myself and read read read. That lasted until 8th grade.

Then high school guys!!!! All I did was talk and talk and talk.

El fin.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together