TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Henry Ford

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

"A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business." >

"Exercise is bunk. If you are healthy, you don't need it: if you are sick you should not take it." Role Dual seeking

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young." Accepting

"Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain." Creative

"Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait. The grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas. " Mobilizing

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. "

"Speculation is only a word covering the making of money out of the manipulation of prices, instead of supplying goods and services. " >

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. " Creative

"We don't want tradition. We want to live in the present and the only history that is worth a tinker's dam is the history we make today. " Ignoring

So, ENTp
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with pretty much everything you said about Ti. And enthusiasm isn't related to Fe any more than it is Te/Se/Ne/EJ/EP.

Have any socionists offered a suggestion for Henry Ford's type?
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I thought of him at ESTj but I'm not sure why. The Henry Ford museum strikes me and Te (and very impressed by Ne) I guess.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    (and very impressed by Ne)
    Yeah, I thought so as well. And Napoleon Hill's description of his encounter with him makes him sound like he's got a Fe PoLR.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Te in those quotes, but I can't say I know much about the guy. What is Te about him?

I don't see much Si in this quote:

"Exercise is bunk. If you are healthy, you don't need it: if you are sick you should not take it."

However I'll say I could maybe see SLI by VI. Not LSE though.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I don't see Te in those quotes, but I can't say I know much about the guy. What is Te about him?
    Ever hear of the assembly line?

It's not just that though. Everything about the way he did things and what he did is about external dynamics (of both objects and fields).

I don't see much Si in this quote:

"Exercise is bunk. If you are healthy, you don't need it: if you are sick you should not take it."
    Slacker Mom's husband's attitude about nutritional supplements seems similar to Ford's attitude about what is essentially simulating work (working out) in order to be healthy.

How many Si dominants have you known Si dominants who routinely "work out"? How often does Bionicgoat talk about heading off to the gym? Based on what I've seen, I think Si dominants are more likely to enjoy indulging in Si pleasures than to "work out".
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I've heard about him that I always thought was cool was that he wanted the people who worked on the assembly line to be able to afford to buy his cars, and he raised his pay to substantially more than what anyone else paid both to hold onto workers (who were doing at that point pretty boring work) and to make it so his workers could buy cars too. It benefited the workers, obviously, but by doing that he made it so a portion of his workers' pay ended up going right back to him as they increased his market. And other manufacturers had to raise pay as well to compete for workers, and then those companies' workers became a market for the cars too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te ego is pretty obvious. However I would say ENTj or INTp is more likely. "Any color so long as it's black" seems like subdued Si to me.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was talking about the model T, I believe.

I don't have a problem with ILI, though I think he was a bit quiet for an LIE, and I don't see much of a reason to suspect Gamma over Delta (or the reverse) from what I know about him right now (which admittedly isn't all that much).
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    How many Si dominants have you known Si dominants who routinely "work out"? How often does Bionicgoat talk about heading off to the gym? Based on what I've seen, I think Si dominants are more likely to enjoy indulging in Si pleasures than to "work out".
    a) consider delta vs alpha Si.

b) you are falling into the trap of traits. bionicgoat is Si but he's also a particularly lazy person. not all Si types remotely reflect his temperament. if you consider Si as being essentially attentiveness to one's internal state, it is understandable why an Si leading type might do either of laze around or actively maintain their internal state. in either case, the comment that excercise, or maintenance of proper bodily function, does not appear to be Si, is totally misguided.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I don't think that all Si types are like Bionicgoat or Slacker Mom's husband. I know an SLI who takes nutritional supplements, for example.

The idea is that a Si leading type won't necessarily see simulating work (working out) as the ideal or most logical way to maintain proper bodily function. It makes sense that a Si leading type would feel that if one's lifestyle isn't active enough to keep a person healthy, forcing themselves to be active by simulating work won't help them.
    SEE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way Si-leading types view health is usually "If you feel healthy, then you *are* healthy." Thus they usually can find more passive ways of feeling better than going to the gym and Working Out. Exercise is an inherently EJ (or at least extroverted) concept, even if it is in service of Si. It has to do with function blocking, I think.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a way, it could almost be seen as a Se method of "forcing" Si, depending on the motivations behind working out and how it's carried out.

I do think that working out would naturally make more sense to types with an EJ temperament and creative Si, but I also think it's common for Se creative types to exercise regularly. And Se dominants seem to do it not because they think they logically should or because they want to be disciplined, but because they really enjoy it. I could also see types with Si and Se roles working out, though perhaps not as regularly as a sensory type would. Si PoLR types are bound to try to get on work out routines but then let their routines slip after a short period of time.
    SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think some sort of beta actually. At first he does seem like a really intense ESTj, but whoa I really agree with all of those quotes! Or most of them anyway.

LIE-Te. E8w7 sp/so.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 08-28-2015 at 02:17 PM.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII INTJ-Ti

aka THE CREATIVE DIRECTOR from my archetypes list.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with LSE, I also think Thomas Edison was an LSE, interesting to see them both in an interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PyfPfeZyVI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples