Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the four different socionics groups were the four different houses at hogwarts

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're complete anti-authority types. And he's described as having messy hair and not caring, wearing old hand-me-down clothes that don't fit and not caring, and being physically awkward and uncoordinated. Sounds more like an Ne type than an Se type.

But fictional characters aren't always clearly one type over another.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    They're complete anti-authority types. And he's described as having messy hair and not caring, wearing old hand-me-down clothes that don't fit and not caring, and being physically awkward and uncoordinated. Sounds more like an Ne type than an Se type.
    But that could kind of go with anyone in any quadra... I mean I have most of those attributes and I don't think I'm in an Ne/Si quadra... I had thought Harry might be EII... the only issue is he does seem rather good with Se... but then Hermione seems rather good with Fi and I think she's LIE.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he's vindictive, aggressive, or hostile. I think he gets backed into situations over and over again that he'd rather not be in.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    lol rock on girl, can i have a ride? :-)

only if it's bareback haha

ok here's the line:

__________________________________________________ ____

i think i just crossed it.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you read the last book? He very much changes his opinion about Snape.

And what aggression he has is limited to people who are authority figures or who value and appeal to authority figures. And is generally very much in self-defense. Not something he seeks out.

Though it did occur to me that I think Daniel Radcliffe is ENFp and it's possible I'm reading some of his personality into the character.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    Hermione is definitely ENTj. Anyway...
    She may be an ENTj, but she is not definitely an ENTj.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't want to create Dumbledore's Army - he was goaded into it. It wasn't his idea. He said he couldn't do it, that he wasn't knowledgeable enough, etc., but eventually folded and agreed to do it. That is weak Se and not his initiative at all.

I'm surprised you don't find him intuitive. He intuitively comes up with one idea after another of how to solve one crisis after another. He doesn't even really learn how to fly or do magic - much of what he does is to just try things out and see what works. And to follow his "gut feelings" about things. Often in ways contrary to "the right way" according to authority (such as the ministry of magic).

He is impulsive but that isn't at all contrary to being INFj.

Anyone would be vengeful after someone killed their parents. Also, despite how he was treated by his aunt and uncle and his cousin, he protects them from harm - he does not behave in a vengeful way at all.

It's also possible he's a blend of more than one type though. She could have used a few people as inspiration for that character. I think she herself was probably inspiration for Hermione so that character seems clearer.

And he does change his mind about Snape. I don't care how late it is, he does change his mind, which you said is contrary to Gamma.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. But yes Hermione seems to me to clearly be ENTj. I think Harry Potter is INFj and that's part of where I get the anti-establishment non-Se bit. Maybe all of Griffindor isn't like that and it's more just him.

So JK Rowling is supposed to be ENTj - I thought maybe Herminoe was based on her.
    First, I haven't read the books past the first one (they became increasingly long and I honestly prefer to read other things) but I've read interviews with JKR, and although I think ILI is likely (perhaps I was the first one to suggest it), maybe ENTj is a good bet. She did say that Hermione is based on her; she has further said that HP is "my hero" (that is, JKR's). It would make perfect sense for an ENTj woman to have an ISFj guy as her ideal hero.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but if her husband is INFj or some teenage boy she had a crush on in high school was INFj, it would make sense for her teenage hero to be her semi-dual too. That isn't a very strong argument IMO.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.
    I was kind of worried that what I said would have been read as petty nitpicking, but there are times when I think that the use of "definitely" tries to cut off any other possibilities or future discussions regarding an individual's. So it is good that you did not interpret what I said incorrectly. Again, she may very well be an ENTj, but as we have seen in others in this thread, there is a tendency to personalize fictional characters too much through self-projection and identification with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    First, I haven't read the books past the first one (they became increasingly long and I honestly prefer to read other things) but I've read interviews with JKR, and although I think ILI is likely (perhaps I was the first one to suggest it), maybe ENTj is a good bet. She did say that Hermione is based on her; she has further said that HP is "my hero" (that is, JKR's). It would make perfect sense for an ENTj woman to have an ISFj guy as her ideal hero.
    But her character based on her does not find herself attracted to the hero, but the sidekick.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but if her husband is INFj or some teenage boy she had a crush on in high school was INFj, it would make sense for her teenage hero to be her semi-dual too. That isn't a very strong argument IMO.
    I think it's very strong. Her idea of what a perfect hero would be like is based on , with in super-ego. Not in her actual experiences. She might even think that an INFj guy is the best possible in reality; her ideal, secret, perhaps "unrealistic" hero would still be an ISFj rather than INFj.

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    But her character based on her does not find herself attracted to the hero, but the sidekick.
    Shall I reveal then a secret and tell you why, if I'm right?

Because Rowling (seeing herself as Hermione) thinks that her perfect ISFj hero is too good for her.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her idea of a perfect hero would be based on what she's seen in her life. If she hasn't been with a dual, she might not think of that. How many people here say they think their duals sound boring or whatever? Some might be mistyped but I doubt they all are. And there is NO WAY I would have considered ISTps ideal for me before meeting my husband. My favorite before that was an ISFp. And the boy I had a huge crush on in high school was ISFp too. I don't think it's weird at all for someone to idealize a semi-dual.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any person of any type could. And there's no reason to believe her imagination would absolutely point her to an Se type anyway. And I don't think he is an Se type. But, again, he's a fictional character so he could be a mix of more than one type - he could be based in part on more than one person she knows.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'll admit that Hermione is my favourite character but I also think I have very good reasons for thinking she's ENTj, including (but not limited to):
    • EJ temperament/Si-PoLR: demonstrated in "Prizoner of Azkaban" when she uses the Time Turner to attend 3 classes simultaneously, severely overextending herself and stressing out. She's also notably proactive in general, highly-strung and apparently unable to relax.
    • Te-leading/Fe-role: For one, I think she embodies the "know-it-all" stereotype of ENTj. She also tends to talk at great length (seems to be an ENTj trait all on its own IME, but let me continue --) listing facts and using much of the vocabulary associated with Te that is listed on the wiki. She has extensive knowledge and feel that she can be most helpful by using it. She attempts to get in the "spirit" of things but ultimately is kind of awkward and has the tendency noted in the wiki to "obnoxiously" correct people.
    I'm convinced. I guess I was just thinking of that EII "social role" on wikisocion:
    The person who is always exemplary and perfect in all he or she does, but is far more focused on achieving his internal ideal of perfection than achieving more concrete goals in life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps...any examples?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I also think she fits the "know-it-all" social role much, much better)
    that's true... and the SPEW thing --> "The maverick politician or activist"?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The epilogue was the worst part of any of her books. And she isn't a great writer, though the books are entertaining enough. But wow you could see her weaknesses as a writer in that epilogue. They should have just left it off IMO.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should have just left it off IMO.
    I'd guess she just had to include it, for her own piece of mind.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'll admit that Hermione is my favourite character but I also think I have very good reasons for thinking she's ENTj, including (but not limited to):
    • EJ temperament/Si-PoLR: demonstrated in "Prizoner of Azkaban" when she uses the Time Turner to attend 3 classes simultaneously, severely overextending herself and stressing out. She's also notably proactive in general, highly-strung and apparently unable to relax.
    • Te-leading/Fe-role: For one, I think she embodies the "know-it-all" stereotype of ENTj. She also tends to talk at great length (seems to be an ENTj trait all on its own IME, but let me continue --) listing facts and using much of the vocabulary associated with Te that is listed on the wiki. She has extensive knowledge and feel that she can be most helpful by using it. She attempts to get in the "spirit" of things but ultimately is kind of awkward and has the tendency noted in the wiki to "obnoxiously" correct people.
    What Expat said. :

+ is a bitch. You're attracted to people you admire more than anyone else but often lack the confidence to do anything about it (unless you're Joy, heh).
    Wow, so apparently ENTjs are just as good as INTjs at bending over backwards to try and come up with far-fetched ideas to maintain an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Shall I reveal then a secret and tell you why, if I'm right?

Because Rowling (seeing herself as Hermione) thinks that her perfect ISFj hero is too good for her.
    Possibly, but I see that as being as much reader projection as it is just plain and simple pointless fan speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Hermione should have ended up with Harry; not Ron. JK doesn't know how to write a proper ending.
    No.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, but I actually believe what I said.
    And INTjs do not? And does your belief necessarily make you right or does it just make you stubborn? Are you reading things into the characters that are not there and just creating spurious justifications?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

: I just meant that I didn't think it was far-fetched. What's so far-fetched about Victims with Fi in the superid being hesitant about pursuing relationships at all, let alone people they admire?
    That in itself, nothing. But when there is no evidence for it in the books, then yes it is the sort of far-fetched fan speculation reserved for bad fan fiction.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

: I would assume that everything one says about the motives of another is speculation.
    But some speculation has greater basis in fact and evidence than others.

(And why did Expat get the polite response when we basically said the same things?)
    Because I read and wrote his before I read yours, and then after I read yours I was exasperated by it.

Yes.
    So you're one of those Harry Potter people?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course. I assumed that to be obvious, I guess I shouldn't have.
    Well the point being that speculating that the hidden romance between Harry and Hermoine did not happen due to Harry being too perfect and in the super-id basically came out the same way that most Harry Potter fan fiction and speculation does: mostly unsupported and lacking any real evidential basis.

That's unfair of you.
    Yes it was, but really I did not see either one as a nice one versus a mean one. And I felt that it was even more necessary that I conveyed my own sense of emotional (yes) reaction to reading the different posts. (This may be why some types have a habit of dissecting posts [in what can be construed as being out of context], since they are also not only analyzing the base parts of the statements, but also in a sense providing their reactions to different portions to the reader as they would ordinarily expect an to be able to pick up on and read.)

It's also unfair that you seems to project some kinda of Ti/Te or Alpha/Gamma split onto me when I was simply trying to speak for myself (and I thought I was also being reasonable?!). If I annoy you then I guess you're entitled to be annoyed, but are you punishing me for agreeing with something you didn't like? I don't know what to make of this, really. You're a reasonable person -- please explain what is happening.
    What are you talking about? Alpha/Gamma split? I'm dead serious here when I say that I have no idea what you are talking about here.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how what I said had anything to do with types, I just wanted to point out that I actually believed what I had said about ENTjs and relationships, and then you came along and brought INTjs into it and totally baffled me.

Well, you managed to totally confuse me in general just then.
    Oh that. I'm sorry about that. I was rather out of line there, truth to be told. But it was one self-depreciative statement (comparing ENTjs bending over backwards to INTjs and their argumentative stubbornness) and when you said that the difference was that you believed what wrote, that also baffled me as it almost seemed to imply that INTjs do not believe what they argue. Oh well. Water under the bridge now.

(This may be why some types have a habit of dissecting posts [in what can be construed as being out of context], since they are also not only analyzing the base parts of the statements, but also in a sense providing their reactions to different portions to the reader as they would ordinarily expect an to be able to pick up on and read.)
    As something of a separate issue - at this point derailing the thread does not matter much - but would you say that this is from your perspective one plausible explanation for this phenomenon?
    Last edited by Logos; 02-01-2008 at 01:40 AM.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pfft. Who hypes up two characters and then has one of them run off and marry the side-kick. Compare to Elizabeth Bennet ending up with Mr. Bingley. Deplorable!
    Serious or not, but when did this happen? There were supposedly signs of Hermoine and Ron fairly early in the series.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then again ... you could argue that Elizabeth liked Mr. Wickham for a time, meaning that romance stories aren't always straightforward. There's always a triangle somewhere. Harry should have ended up with Hermione.
    I always find it so terribly amusing when people fret over the romantic dalliances of fictional teenage characters.
    Johari Box

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Serious or not, but when did this happen? There were supposedly signs of Hermoine and Ron fairly early in the series.

For real? Having only seen the movies, I thought signs pointed towards it myself, at least on Ron's part. That's funny!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The epilogue was the worst part of any of her books. And she isn't a great writer, though the books are entertaining enough. But wow you could see her weaknesses as a writer in that epilogue. They should have just left it off IMO.
    The epilogue was hilarious... but I read that she wrote it quite a while ago? Maybe it demonstrates her progression as a writer

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    only if it's bareback haha

ok here's the line:

__________________________________________________ ____

i think i just crossed it.

lol. well hippogriffs are ridden in the books and film but ya know i understand when all you can do is think about sex, i have that problem myself.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think that those social roles were constructed too well for the LII, so I would not take those too seriously or dogmatically.
    Johari Box

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This thread should be stickied.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The academic inferences pertaining to human cognitive, emotional or volitional behaviours that one can draw from the discussions in this thread are highly substantial.
    My brain just exploded.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be a bump, I just saw a trailer for HP go.

I would put gryffindor as a merry house and slytherin as serious.

Here what I found:
    Gryffindor values bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry.
    Hufflepuff, founded by Helga Hufflepuff, values hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play.
    Ravenclaw values intelligence, knowledge, and wit.
    Slytherin house values ambition, cunning and resourcefulness.

Most of the saga centre around Gryffindor and there are a lot of friendships and drama going on there. People agree that harry is the ESI type and so the saga is also centered around a Fi type. Gryffindor is a merry quadra with character as weasley's which could easily go for alpha. The weasley twins later start a shop which focus on magic tricks and fun items. The Slytherin got to be a serious quadra and focus a lot on status in the books. The professor of slytherin is a guy with secrets, he is the bad guy in all the book but in the end it turned out he did it all in love. Hufflepuff I view as a merry quadra aswell and their professor is a semi-mad women teaching herbology. I do not know much about these but these seem to be the most curious people. Ravenclaw is a serious quadra with the heads in the books and is a bit sneaky. They aim for maximal academic achievement and knows everything. Hermione was supposed to be Ravenclaw.

Ravenclaw - Delta
    Slytherin - Gamma
    Hufflepuff - Alpha
    Griffindor - Beta

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://sortinghatchats.tumblr.com/po...113/the-basics

"Your Primary House defines WHY you do things. Your Secondary defines HOW."

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I experimented trying to assign the IEs to the houses and it worked out like this, I added enneagram and stackings because they contribute to the big picture:

Quadra e-type: primary> other likely ones Instinct Stackings
    G Beta - Se daring bravery and fighting spirit, Fe merrymaking and motivation - chivalry even, Ti hierarchies, Ni long term goals 8 > 3,7 Sx/So, So/Sp
    H Alpha - Si providing and caring for the others, Fe affability and good spirits, Ti consistency, Ne quirkiness and novelty while seeing potential in others 2 > 6,9 So/Sx, Sp/So
    S Gamma - Te efforts and conservation, Fi close bonds/loyalty/origin family bias (?), Se competitiveness, Ni cunning calculation 3 > 1,8 Sp/Sx, Sx/Sp
    R Delta - Ne + Te vast knowledge that's either interesting and/or applicable for experimentation, Si comfort - smartness over battle, Fi subdued but strong affection 5 > 4, 6, 9 Sp/So, Sp/Sx

Feel free to critique and add.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gryffindor -- Gamma/Delta (+Se, +Fi)
    Slytherin -- Beta (+Ti, -Ni)
    Ravenclaw -- Alpha/Gamma (-Ti, -Te,+Ne, +Ni)
    Hufflepuff -- Delta/Gamma/Alpha (-Si, -Fi, +Si)

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gryffindor = F & Dominant subtypes
    Slytherin = I & creative subtypes
    RavenClaw = L & normalising subtypes
    Hufflepuff = R & harmonising subtypes

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    Gryffindor = F & Dominant subtypes
    Slytherin = I & creative subtypes
    RavenClaw = L & normalising subtypes
    Hufflepuff = R & harmonising subtypes
    Gryffindor- C or D
    Slytherin- D mostly, maybe some C
    Ravenclaw- C mostly, maybe some N
    Hufflepuff- H mostly, maybe some N
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Gryffindor- C or D
    Slytherin- D mostly, maybe some C
    Ravenclaw- C mostly, maybe some N
    Hufflepuff- H mostly, maybe some N
    Normalisers are more level headed and intellectual than, Creatives who are all about bending the rules and seeking personal recognition. Dominants' primary motivation is winning, they care less about the games and unorthodox means.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12