Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Big Bang Theory

Hybrid View

Default The Big Bang Theory

There is a relatively new sit-com called The Big Bang Theory.
    I'm too lazy to explain anything about it. Therefore, if you haven't heard of it, look it up on the internet.

Anyways, for those who are familiar with the show, what do you think the types of all the characters are?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm

Sheldon - ILI
    Leonard - LII
    Penny - ESE
    ???

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    I love this show I can relate to every character which is the first show ever that I can say that for. I feel like they are my people.
    I always wish that I had Penny's apartment....and I was the queen of the nerds :]

Sheldon is amazing.

I think there is a thread for this somewheres though...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sheldon - ILE exaggerated a bit
    Leonard - LII
    Penny - ESE

It's not a full quadrable because they probably won't give Sheldon a relationship, if they do it will be like his mom.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huginn View Post
    He has a sunny outlook and is fairly openly emotional. He has a very natural sense of social navigation and is actually pretty socially adept for a "nerd". He thinks about it relationships in an "ethical" way rather than a "logical" way (compare to Sheldon and Leslie Winkle, for example).

When he was a kid he invented a machine for hugs, come on.
    Fi-role function fits a lot more then Fe-ego.

If you've ever met a real ESE, they're not the tame mousy Leonard type. These are ostentatious, loud, explosive and impressive type, that shout and command without restraint.

Someone like Rachel Ray is more akin to a ESE then Leonard could hope to be.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Fi-role function fits a lot more then Fe-ego.

If you've ever met a real ESE, they're not the tame mousy Leonard type. These are ostentatious, loud, explosive and impressive type, that shout and command without restraint.

Someone like Rachel Ray is more akin to a ESE then Leonard could hope to be.
    Wrong, ESE are not like this. Fe doesn't mean you're loud.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Wrong, ESE are not like this. Fe doesn't mean you're loud.
    A type with Fe 1st function and Se 8th function is not going to be quiet either.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    A type with Fe 1st function and Se 8th function is not going to be quiet either.
    Wrong again. Fe doesn't mean voice;
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree w hkkmr except howard is a reuben clone (ile) and bernadette is some xxxp so id take iee or sei over eii

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    i agree w hkkmr except howard is a reuben clone (ile).
    Reuben it is.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typings here are, as usual, horrendous... This seems to be largely due to an inability of the people here to recognise the four temperaments. When typing fictional characters, this is the first thing I go on.

Sheldon: LII - Introverted Logic is Ego, that is certain... everything needs to adhere to rules and structures. He is Rational... "This should not be this"... "That is incorrect"... "It should go this way" etc. Sheldon is about adhering to structure and if there isn't a structure, he quickly makes one. Se-Vulnerable? YES. Sheldon can only bully other people intellectually, when faced with something requiring willpower against something physical, he is inept... he needed Raj to drive him home because there was a big dog outside. Despite his mental strength his inadequacies are centered around a chronic lack of confidence towards the real world. His rudeness to others does not make him an xLE because this is simply unvalued, not a source of inadequacy... compare to Howard for whom this is actually painful.

Leonard: IEI - Introverted Intuition is rather clear, rather than confront a situation he adapts to it, it's why he can live with Sheldon. At the same time this is why he fits in well with the more dominant Penny. Leonard is also the one most filled with doubt and uncertainty despite his great intelligence, very different to Sheldon who pushes his certainty because of his intelligence. His Semi-Dual relationship with Penny is rather clear to see... Introverted Intuition and Extroverted Sensation are complementary... then Sheldon expresses his feelings which Penny reacts badly too... i.e. the Extraverted Ethics and Introverted Ethics clash. Despite fulfilling eachother's main needs, these two are not in a comfortable or stable relationship because of this value clash. If we look at Leonard, he is also the most focused on how the group is feeling, he is Extraverted Ethics savvy.

Penny: SEE - Irrational!!! NOT ESE. Penny is Extroverted Irrational i.e. impulsive and after experiences and the things she wants. An ESE would instead be more interested in how everyone is feeling and whether the mood felt matches what she thinks the mood SHOULD (rational) be. Instead, Penny pursues experiences and reacts to things based on her own sentiments (Introverted Ethics)... it is more apparent how she feels towards others, not how she thinks people are feeling. At the same time, Sheldon's unwavering, linear, rule based logic is a real pain in her backside.

Howard: ILE - Introverted Ethics is weak in him... he routinely upsets people like Sheldon does only for him it is awkward and painful, he hates himself for it. Can be inappropriately unenthusiastic. Flamboyant dress sense can easily be mobilising Extroverted Ethics. At the same time, pursues the interesting and 'cool'. Is undisciplined (never became a doctor). Despite striving for freedom, still tolerates the lifestyle his mother gives him because Si needs are fulfilled.

^^ That's funny, I now think that Howard is IEE and Rajesh ILE. Inconsistent writing perhaps, but I think that Howard has become a lot more sensitive and personal emotions based, almost a bit of a whiny bitch about it really.
    Last edited by Jack Oliver Aaron; 12-06-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only watched this sporadically @ other people's homes, but here are my suggestions:

Leonard and Penny: IEI, identicals (Penny looks like she's extremely adaptive to different social settings; both seem like IP temperament/slackers who react to situations rather than cause them)

Sheldon: EIE (at least seems like an extrovert, needs to be the hero and the center of attention; he seems kind of autistic though)

Koothrappali: LII (?)

Howard: ILE (?)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I've only watched this sporadically @ other people's homes, but here are my suggestions:

Leonard and Penny: IEI, identicals (Penny looks like she's extremely adaptive to different social settings; both seem like IP temperament/slackers who react to situations rather than cause them)

Sheldon: EIE (at least seems like an extrovert, needs to be the hero and the center of attention; he seems kind of autistic though)

Koothrappali: LII (?)

Howard: ILE (?)
    lol wtf?

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol wtf?
    I don't care what you or anyone else thinks.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, but oh my god lol how bad can you possible be at typing people

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, but oh my god lol how bad can you possible be at typing people
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I wouldn't talk.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i know you are but what am i

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Sheldon is ILI, I'm pretty sure.

Sheldon <3

Man grows used to everything, the scoundrel!

-Raskolnikov

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheldon is EIE:

Polr Si of course. The fact he isn't even slightly interested in sex.
    His spot. 1d Si, doesn't want to be in another spot. He found his spot and is sticking with it. Polr can sometimes be like somekind of an irrationnal need, can't change unless force to experience something else. Always eating the same food etc.
    Role is Te and Suggestive Ti, needs to know the details, ask why a lot. His need to live in a world with structure, the roommate agreement, demonstrate the 1d Ti of his suggestive fonction.
    Leading Fe
    I believe him to be judging a lot. He knows what he likes and doesn't like. He even knows what's best for others, can tell them that what they like is stupid.
    Mobilizing Se
    Needs help to do all the actions, the fact he doesn't drive for example.
    He always looks "good", great posture, clean shave, etc. Dresses as the norm ask him to. Not to flashy, never unclean.

But the thing about Sheldon is that he wants to be logical so bad! He has somekind of fixation about logic, but can't help be a slave to his Fe (like all of his wims, demands etc.)

He follows the norms of Te and gets a lot irritated if someone breaks Te. This is also why he can't lie.
    That is the main thing I believe about Sheldon, a 2d conscious Te.
    Last edited by Destroypuppy; 09-27-2013 at 02:07 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Destroypuppy,

I always figured Sheldon was ILE, and that explains his relationship with Penny, who is in my view a blatantly obvious ESE (funny, no one really knows her last name and yet we know EVERYTHING else about her, I wonder why?). The two of them have a great chemistry (even if they are just friends), and I see it as a pretty clear activity relationship. I also see Sheldon having a Fi polr, because the guy has all kinds of crazy rules about how close people should and should not be towards him, how he should and should not behave towards others, who likes who and why (and the guy loves gossip cause he always lights up briefly when he hears something, then his logical base comes in and he "pretends" to be uninterested in others, when it is very clear (to me of course), that he cares very much about his friendships). By the way, the guy is such a perfect example of Ne creative there could ever be. Ti/Ne most likely for Sheldon. All his other quirks and phobias are not type related.

I see his love interest (not a great choice by the writers), Amy Farrarh Fowler to be a LII, and the mirror relationship never quite takes off between the two.

Leonard, (what an altogether annoying character) is a tricky one to type, and although I think LII would be an easy choice given his logical nature and strong attraction and interest in Fe (mostly coming from Penny in the show), I just can't place my finger on his type. Certainly an introverted logical base, or creative, and definitely orientated towards Fe. Funny how him and Penny never hit it off though, and I find their looonngg relationship to be very taxing and boring to watch season after season. But, ESE's don't just settle for anyone (haha, what type, or person does?).

Some other characters off the cuff typing:
    Howard Wolowitz; a more chilled down ILE, or possible SLE (simply because of Se, I mean the guy went to space). I think the way he uses Ti is very utilitarian, he is an engineer, and the intorverted thinking kind of "serves its purpose" in this character in a way that does not happen with Sheldon who is much more theoretical and employs creative Ne to influence his Ti base. I think Howard is creative Ti. And his relationship to Bernardette is another one that never really gets all warm and cozy, like it might if she was an IEI. They are very much both logicals. Howard always seems to be pushing her for more "soul" and heart. He is looking for Fe from his wife, which he never gets much from her.
    Raj Koothrappali; IEI, never quite gets Ti enough for a better typing, but he is an introvert and I think his relationship with Penny as his supervisor. Look at all the episodes where Penny is giving him advice about how to live? He is duals with Howard if Howard is SLE. That would explain why these two are like two peas in a pod, and also argue all the time yet still heart one another (as friends though).
    Bernardette Rostenkowski; ISTj, which would make her relationship with Howard either mirror (if he was an SLE), or supervision (if he was an ILE). Either way I could see it as being possible. the chick is funny, has a sharp humour. It also makes sense for her to have a semi-duality relationship with Penny.
    Priya Koothrappali; hands down ISFp.

So how did I end up watching this show? Streamed the whole thing off the internet with an ex partner. I found it mildly funny and at least something to watch during the dark, cold, winter nights. The Big Bang Theory is in my view the most alpha filled TV show to play on television nowadays. Not because of the content, which is mostly Ti, Ne, Fe related drama, but because of the characters. It feels like a complete quadra drama every time I see it. I wish I could remember more details about the show, for example certain events or episodes, but it's been a year or two since I have seen it.
    Last edited by wacey; 09-27-2013 at 06:23 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    @Destroypuppy,
    I also see Sheldon having a Fi polr, because the guy has all kinds of crazy rules about how close people should and should not be towards him, how he should and should not behave towards others, who likes who and why (and the guy loves gossip cause he always lights up briefly when he hears something, then his logical base comes in and he "pretends" to be uninterested in others, when it is very clear (to me of course), that he cares very much about his friendships). By the way, the guy is such a perfect example of Ne creative there could ever be. Ti/Ne most likely for Sheldon. All his other quirks and phobias are not type related.
    He want to know the rules of social behavior, rules are very Te.
    He ignores Fi, is what I believe.
    First, ILE don't like routine and Sheldon is the guy that has the most strict routine ever.
    *Dislikes routine and any regimented, monotonous work. Cannot live by a strict schedule.*

EIE-Fe are like this:
    *Irrespective of whether this person is modest or outstanding, he frequently lacks in naturalness.*
    Sheldon lacks naturalness.
    *The ethical subtype tries to behave according to the rules of what is considered to be appropriate in society.*
    Sheldon ask a lot of questions about this to others.
    *Internally he is emotional, but usually modest and constrained in his emotional expressions.*
    Sheldon is specialy constrained in his emotions, letting them out as bursts.
    *Find it difficult to relax due to internal strains, wounds, and overarching ambitions*
    Sheldon is very ambitious.
    *while internally suffering from a set of complexes, externally they appear proud and aloof.*
    He is always telling everyone he is a genious and not crazy (his mother had him tested)
    *Exacting in enforcing that their associates observe ethical standards of behavior and prone to rashly provide remarks and advice when they see people conflict with these ethical standards.*
    Yeah, he's always doing that.
    *Prudent and cautious. If he senses impending danger, he is capable of taking the necessary steps to avoid it. Inclined to over-dramatize events and warn others of potential problems. When he is trying to warn people close to him of potential dangers, he may undertake unnecessary initiative, even seem a bit obsessive and intrusive.*

Quotes are from the Type and Subtype Descriptions by V. Meged, A. Ovcharov.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destroypuppy View Post
    First, ILE don't like routine and Sheldon is the guy that has the most strict routine ever.
    *Dislikes routine and any regimented, monotonous work. Cannot live by a strict schedule.*
    I think it's perhaps more appropriate to say ILE dislike other people's routine and they don't like regimented monotonous work, however Sheldon doesn't do regimented monotonous work, he always lambasts Leonard for doing derivative and trivial work.

Sheldon's routines are very personal and most likely neurotic and not really a great personality indicator.

When Einstein used to work with Godel they used to walk together everyday. Also often imo ILEs will have some routines which they have which will bookend their spontaneous time, like when they get to work or when they leave, but between that it's not routine at all.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Nice use of quotes mate!

rules of social behavior are Te? Just wondering what you mean by that.

And I thought about it overnight and have come to the conclusion that I believe there is no way Sheldon Cooper is EIE. Like no way that character is Fe base.
    Last edited by wacey; 09-28-2013 at 10:18 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Wacey
    no way Sheldon Cooper is EIE. Like no way that character is Fe base.
    What is an Fe base from your POV?

Also, its not the same as ESE who delivers comfort as a product.
    What Sheldon has to offer is Ni:
    They are able to understand the essence of complex internal situations and make for potentially good analysts.
    In life they loved to dramatize everything. Everyone around becomes informed about the slightest change in their mood or internal state.
    Usually they are very fond of "making mountains out of molehills", for them this is a way to find work for their second function.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anything, my friends say that when I was 14 years old, I was 100% similar to Sheldon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After hanging out I have come to develop my / behaviour.
    Leonard is a horny LII, Raj is a naive SEI, Howard, a witty IEE, penny a plain ESE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    If anything, my friends say that when I was 14 years old, I was 100% similar to Sheldon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After hanging out I have come to develop my / behaviour.
    Leonard is a horny LII, Raj is a naive SEI, Howard, a witty IEE, penny a plain ESE
    ahh leonard is the annoying guy in the balls i think. he's so whiney, and conforming, and boring, and blah, and so on.

to me sheldon and penny are ok, and the rest are freaks.

did they ever hook up?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think penny might be SEI.
    I know a SEI girl just like her, even the face, but she is a little bit heavier.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheldon's an LII.

See:
    -relationship with his dual ESE (his mother)
    -lives outside sexuality ie Alpha Infantile
    -all kinds of goofy, Alpha-esque fixations (trains, Legos, Star Trek, etc.)
    -rigid (rational)
    -an introvert (too focused on the soundness of his own, private conclusions)

Bernadette's an SEI.

I want to say Leonard's an EII 'cause he's so emo all the time.

Penny's an SF. She could be Alpha, but I lean towards Gamma, because of her conflict-ridden relationship with Sheldon. I say SEE.

Don't know about the rest.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    Penny's an SF. She could be Alpha, but I lean towards Gamma, because of her conflict-ridden relationship with Sheldon. I say SEE.
    There's almost no information conflict in this relationship. Socionic conflict isn't about arguments. Through-out the show their relationship deepens due to these arguments but it's really communication of completely different information.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheldon - LII
    Leonard - IEI
    Penny - SEE
    Howard - IEE
    Rajesh - ILE
    Bernadette - ESI
    Amy - ILE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheldon ILE > LII. Disliked by many people because he says weird things aloud. LIIs, on the contrary, are usually respected by people.
    Leonard LII. A blatant hidden agenda
    Raj SEI. Does useless things just for fun.
    Howard IEE
    Bernadette SLI. Zero social intelligence, polr
    Amy LII. Nerdy but "normal" enough.
    Penny SEE. Has a warm relationship with Sheldon, but she dislikes nerdy stuff.
    Female scientist who sleeps with Leonard ESI?
    Female scientist who dislikes Sheldon ILI?
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey these are actually pretty good.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Sheldon ILE > LII. Disliked by many people because he says weird things aloud. LIIs, on the contrary, are usually respected by people.
    Leonard LII. A blatant hidden agenda
    Raj SEI. Does useless things just for fun.
    Howard IEE
    Bernadette SLI. Zero social intelligence, polr
    Amy LII. Nerdy but "normal" enough.
    Penny SEE. Has a warm relationship with Sheldon, but she dislikes nerdy stuff.
    Female scientist who sleeps with Leonard ESI?
    Female scientist who dislikes Sheldon ILI?
    *Sheldon ILE
    *Raj SEI
    *Leonard SLI
    *Howard IEE

They are a Socionics group (alpha-delta irrational)

Bernadette SLI
    Penny SEE
    Amy LII
    ILE "Searcher"

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheldon - LII
    Amy -LII
    Penny - SEE
    Leonard - LSI
    Raj - IEE
    Howard - ILE
    Bernadette -SEI

Best fits IMO
    Remember they are actors who praying characters that may or not be the same type. Some of there personal traits will carry over.
    Last edited by Phantom Shadow; 04-10-2015 at 07:18 PM.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

oy, people relate me to Sheldon and Penny. I have some quirky characteristics of both. Many things in common with Sheldon. I used to be hooked on the show because of him...my perfect reflection. I am not so socially awkward though.

Leonard annoys me to no end and ILI usually don't annoy me after the initial grace period of getting to know them.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Leonard is judgmental and whiny. Feels victimized by his mother but somehow has the self confidence to approach Penny, even though he is socially awkward, even more so than Sheldon, in my opinion. Napoleon syndrome, perhaps.. What type would that be?

Raj is oversensitive and shy around opposite sex (glad they ended that has to be drunk storyline). He has a big ego underneath it all and a sense of entitlement bestowed upon him by his rich parents and culture. He really only wants to be loved and accepted for who he is. He is not superficial when it comes to women... considering his little mousy love interest. He is open.

I am just going by the characters without delving into the actors personality coming through.

I like SEE for Penny.

Edit: Reading this thread from the bottom up. My posts are a bit redundant.
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-11-2014 at 07:47 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leonard Hofstadter - IEI or IEE
    Sheldon Coooper - ESI
    Howard Wolowitz - ILE (EIE is my second choice)
    Rajesh Koothrappali - SEI
    Bernadette Rostenkowski - LSI
    Amy Farrah Fowler - ILI

SEE makes perfect sense for Penny. She frequently uses Se, and there's little if any regard for Si from her. She has strong Fe, but it's not a huge focus for her.

Leonard is clearly ethical with weak Se. I haven't given his type all that much thought yet. If you consider that his mother is LSI, then IEE makes more sense than IEI.

Bernadette's cartoonish voice doesn't really fit for LSI, but on whole it makes the most sense. Strong logic, strong Se, strong Si. Her approach to life and people seems more Beta than any other quadra. Gamma would be a close second.

I definitely prefer ESI for Sheldon. His insistence that he's objectively right about things that are clearly subjective preferences (things along the lines of saying that anyone who thinks one particular character/movie is better than another is clearly wrong) is not at all unusual for Fi dominants. (I've seen A LOT of this, actually.) He also shows no lack of Se. I don't see any intuition at all though, and I do think an intuitive PoLR works well for him. He's very clear on his likes and dislikes of everything and everyone around him. He also shows no regard for how his preferences and stubborn insistence on have things a certain way (much of which could make perfect sense as demonstrative Si) affect the group atmosphere, and if someone points it out he doesn't waver. Fe ignoring is a better fit than dual seeking or PoLR. His offering hot beverages to sad people and accepting gift giving as a social convention are both examples of 2D Fe. Also, wouldn't conflict with Howard and activity with Amy make much more sense than mirror and super ego? Also, even when he and Penny disagree with each other, they understand each other quite well and communicate without misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Joy; 03-15-2015 at 05:53 PM.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this show has a lot of poorly defined personalities in terms of socionic type.

Leonard Hofstadter- LxI- One of those ones that use their Ti almost like an ethical function i.e. defining norms for behavior.

Sheldon Cooper- ILE- Normalizing subtype

Howard Wolowitz- IEE or ILE- He is a bit of a watered down character. You could probably give him a different type based on the show he is in.

Rajesh Koothrapali- He's a hard one but he strikes me as Fi creative so maybe IEE or SEE. (I think Kunal Nayyar is very possibly SEE)

Bernadette- LSI doesn't seem too bad. Also a watered-down character.

Amy Fowler- ILI

Penny- No clue. Some shows she really seems SEE and others she strikes as more EJ. I wouldn't be surprised if you could type her as like LSE or something along those lines. I think she has the most variable personality in the whole show.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sheldon - alpha NT

Howard - ILE (IEE?)

Raj - SEI

Bernadette- ESI

Amy - ILE

Penny- SEE (could be ESE)
    Leonard -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Leonard -
    His energy is like a worm and worms are yuck. His character makes me want to punch him in the face. How is that for being emotionally invested in a show... hahah I like the other characters though. Sheldon is my favorite, of course. He is like my inner child, in some ways, like all naive, so I want to protect his childlike nature. heh The show makes me lol and I don't find most shows lol funny. I usually have more of a dark, sarcastic, witty, humor preference, even though I can be totally goofy when I am being funny. BUT I recently started watching another show that makes me lol too. Only because I lived in NJ and get the humor in it.
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-16-2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: link

YWIMW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast