Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ENTP or ENFP?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty good at detecting others' motives. Well, maybe not so much what their motive is, but more that they have a hidden motive (only when they really have one, of course; I'm not paranoid).
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I know an ENFp who is a lawyer. He's very good at debating. You can't type someone simply by their apparent behavior.

Also, I am quite good at seeing peoples' motives. In fact, I am excellent at it.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But see, you're an ENTP (a rather cocky one at that, from what I've seen), so of course you wouldn't admit to being inadequate at anything.

Then again, if I'm ENTp, I could very well be doing the same thing.

Is it possible that I'm an ENFP even if I'm not super-sweet and nice to everyone? I really think I'm somewhere between the two, or at least I don't fall into either stereotype/extreme.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    But see, you're an ENTP (a rather cocky one at that, from what I've seen), so of course you wouldn't admit to being inadequate at anything.

Then again, if I'm ENTp, I could very well be doing the same thing.

Is it possible that I'm an ENFP even if I'm not super-sweet and nice to everyone? I really think I'm somewhere between the two, or at least I don't fall into either stereotype/extreme.
    well I dont consider myself Super Sweet and Nice. I should hope Im not seen as obsiquious. The super sweet and nice ones are the types.

Now that I think about it when I was younger I went through a period where I was much more sarcastic, argumentative and critical. It was more of a defence mechanism than my true nature. When I started to feel more secure with myself I no longer needed to protect myself like that so now Im a bit nicer, much less reactive. So like Blaze said when you get more comfortable with yourself you'll begin to see who you really are more clearly. Dont rush it and dont pick yourself apart. Just relax and do what you feel is the right thing to do. In time, as you observe yourself and others you'll begin to see your own pattern. It may be that you are comfortable with yourself now. If it is not causing you any problems (and not a problem for anyone else) just go with that. In time you'll see.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I'm not all that sensitive either. I mean, I don't take kindly to being made fun of (obviously), and I can sometimes find it hard to take objective criticism when it's from someone I don't see as very competent, but I'm really not touchy or anything like that. I can be pretty opinionated sometimes, and a downright bastard others.

I feel like I'm kinda starting to repeat myself. Maybe I should just let my type be a mystery o_O

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel kind of akward. I thougt Blaze was refering to you as female, then Disco Joe started refering to you as male. So then I was confused. I looked again at your psuedonmy which I thought was gillian87 but its gilliagan, like Gilliagan's Island, so youre a guy right? Now you said you dont get upset easy!

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just sit right back and we'll take a trip . . .

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would say ENTp. Like Rocky, I'm not really picking up .

For what it's worth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    No, its "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a faithful trip....."

Topaz

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<----Guy

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    No, its "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a faithful trip....."
    Oh that's right.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP:
    -I love to debate
    ENFps "love" debate too.

-I'm very objective in making most decisions
    This is something ENFps love to tell themselves. I don't harbor such self-deception.

-I'm not usually too emotional
    Of course you aren't. You've developed your logic so much that you are no longer ruled by irrationality.

-I can make a logical argument about nearly anything
    Actually, there is a HUGE difference between logic and bullshit.

ENFP:
    -I can be really, really bubbly when I'm around people I'm comfortable with
    -I'm not very restrained
    -I'm a really good public speaker
    -I'm not gushy, but I can overreact to negative criticism and take it too personally/let it affect me
    -I don't take being made fun of very well
    And yep, ENFp.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe, I'm sorry your mommy still hits you and throws the remote control when you don't do the dishes, but please, take it somewhere else.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe, I'm sorry your mommy still hits you and throws the remote control when you don't do the dishes, but please, take it somewhere else.
    Yeah, poor attempt at wit and being clever = ENFp.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gilligan87, I was was leaning more toward ENFp for you, but now it seems pretty obvious. Your reaction to discojoe VERY much points toward ENFp... ENTps react differently to him. ENFps seem to respond pretty much like you did in one way or another.

I, on the other hand, get along well with ENFps. ENFp is a good type to be.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible that I just have a better developed than most ENTPs? Honestly, my beef from Joe comes not from being offended personally by him, but because he's being overly cynical and pretentious, and really just trying to get jollies out of pissing other people off.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it's more likely that you're an ENFp with well developed . ENTps don't resond to discojoe like that. They either find him amusing or ignore him. ENFps tend to be offended on one level or another.

Okay, would you be more likely to look down on a person for being mean or offensive, or for being stupid?
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't look down on people for being stupid, per se (even if I do feel better than them on one level or another); what I do look down on is people being irrational. When someone can't accept an argument that's logical because of subjective or dogmatic reasons, then I think of them as stupid.

However, being mean AND irrational (like Joe was doing) is what pisses me off the most. Can't stand it. There's no reason for it and it only serves to make the world shittier for a few people.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible that I just have a better developed than most ENTPs? Honestly, my beef from Joe comes not from being offended personally by him, but because he's being overly cynical and pretentious, and really just trying to get jollies out of pissing other people off.
    ? No. This is a matter of . Believe it or not, I actually have a stronger than most ENTPs, which comes from being raised by an INFj dad. Why do I post the way I do? Not to offend people, but because I genuinely find what I post to be funny, and want to share it. My INTj posts are black humor, but I do not mean to actually offend; I am only trying to amuse people. My ENFp stereotyping is offensive, sure, but people who get offended by ANYTHING are only showcasing their lack of faith in their worldview. To become offended means to become emotional threatened, which means you feel as though your happiness is being threatened. This wouldn't happen if you were confident that your beliefs were sound. Being offended means being a bigot.

Do I believe all ENFps are bad people. Hell no. There are probably wonderful ENFps. The problem is ENFps I come across are so emotional and irrational that they deserve to get kicked in , right where it hurts, just like I sometimes need a good thrashing, as unpleasant as it may be.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, EVERYONE'S actions are in some way irrational. But the kind of irrationality you are talking about is very rarely applicable to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Yeah, poor attempt at wit and being clever = ENFp.
    I don't think an enfp would say that though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    See, ENTps find this funny.
    EXACTLY
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to say that I think some of you put too much stock into if he thinks discojoe's humor is funny, etc.. Joy, the trend in your own poll shows that it doesn't really matter if you are a thinker or a feeler; it seems the same preportionate of feelers find him funny-offessive as do the thinkers.

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1969
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I just want to say that I think some of you put too much stock into if he thinks discojoe's humor is funny, etc.. Joy, the trend in your own poll shows that it doesn't really matter if you are a thinker or a feeler; it seems the same preportionate of feelers find him funny-offessive as do the thinkers.

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1969
    I wouldn't find what he says so funny if I didn't know him so well, but I'd still find some of it funny and the rest wouldn't bother me. Honestly, the funny thing isn't what he says a lot of the time, but how people react... he directs the humor more than he actually makes jokes.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I first I thought ENTP but as he goes further and further into describing himself he sounds more and more ENFP to me. And less ENTP. I'm not seeing the Ti.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So maybe if I was in on it, I would find it funny. The fact that I was the subject of the humor doesn't really bother me now that I know what was going on, but honestly, does anyone take kindly to being taunted? Sure, I could ignore it, but I'm just not really a passive person.

I think this isn't the greatest example. My humor can be pretty off-color sometimes. I happen to have a particular aversion to people geting laughs at others' expenses. Wouldn't that be a thing anyways?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was an ENTp based off of the arguments and debates he's had on ENTP.org. That, plus I don't get that genuine Fi feel from him. I think I've gotten a good feel for the Fi types around here with the ENFps and INFjs. You can tell with people like NFp-, Shrondinger's cat, Megan, Topaz etc... but I don't think Gilligan is a Delta. He doesn't seem to fit in with us.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I happen to have a particular aversion to people geting laughs at others' expenses. Wouldn't that be a thing anyways?
    It depends what you mean. ENFPs like to fuck with people's heads just to see what their reaction is. This goes along with the whole "social scientist" ENFP thing. They like to kind of "experiment" with other people.

I do the same time of thing but in a different manner. I sort of put myself in jeprody rather then others in order to get reactions. What I mean is that I'll say really weird ass stuff (What usually doesn't seem all that weird to me, but I just don't see "the line" that I keep crossing I guess) and then I'll laugh at it and I'll be the only one laughing at times but I don't really care. I often then get a lot off really weird glances from my ENFP friend.

If by this you mean like "making fun" of others, no, I don't think thats a Fe thing. The only time I could really see an Fe type in that kind of eituation is when an ESFJ is trying to fit in and laughs along or something like that. I think a lot of the cold critisism comes from Te types. Some Se types can be bluntly honest and poke funa little bit... but theres usually little harm in the way they do it or what they do.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to say that disliking others having fun at the expense of another is .

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've figured it out. I think I just want to be whatever it is people say I'm not.

...Can I be an ENFJ now? I do look like one...

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to say that disliking others having fun at the expense of another is .
    Gotcha. Yah, I'll giva ya that.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which would mean that it's perfectly plausible for an ENTP to be just as empathetic as an ENFP, if not more so (the way I see it, ENFPs would be more prone to melodrama/frustration).

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes... I can read minds...
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really sure how to respond to that. Was that sarcasm?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really sure how to respond to that. Was that sarcasm?
    Not at all. But for some reason my 7th function, Ni, is hyperactive.

#7 Function of Personal Knowledge
    strong
    accepting

This function will keenly observe and remember important information which may produce opinions or behavior that is agressive or arrogant. This function does not create, but adheres to observed behavior.
    A number of people here know that I am a NeNi magical being.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My www.socion.info tests always come out whacky because my Ni is almost as strong as my Ne.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me too

Did you read that PM conversation with detail that I posted a few pages back? We got into a lot of different differences between ENTps and ENFps. I honestly see you as an ENFp... even your sig says "ethical"...
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I'm casting my official vote now... ENTp
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive always thought discojoe was the victim of childhood abuse I just ignore him. I dont find his humor very funny, nor do I find his reasoning very enlightening.

Topaz

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast