Thread: Brag about ISTps here

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ignore the expectations of me to treat kids like "kids", whatever that means. I just treat them like adults that don't know any better. So yeah I do what jessica does.. "Hey, what's up? You gonna eat that apple sauce?"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    "Hey, what's up? You gonna eat that apple sauce?"
    its as easy as stealing applesauce from a baby
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTP (basicaly males)are the ones that I know that when they say their going to ignore me, there ignoring me, lol.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When others say it they don't ignore you? What's the point of telling you then?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I <3 ISTps.
    I usually always click with these guys really well.

The ones I know are so chill and I love being around them because of it.

One ISTp friend of mine is a complete genious...he invented a whole new way of subtracting numbers from each other in second grade. He's also one of the few people that's actualy up for doing fun adventurous stuff with me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    One ISTp friend of mine is a complete genious..
    hehe cute
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-Cyclops

Personally, I do not need to brag. My actions speak louder than words...but then, there are times when I just would like to sit around and well, do nothing mm..

But, would you say that most people take their 'strengths' for granted? It is not until we are around those who appreciate, or have need of our strengths that we all realise the importance of what it is that we have to offer.

And of course, importantly, what some may view as a weakness, others may view as a strength. And sometimes, objectively a strength is also a weakness!.. eg stubborness..good for some things, maybe not so good for others

Personally I therefore find it difficult to classify strengths and weaknesses..what is more important I feel is to work on the personal things that the *individual* finds to be useful or of importance. I guess one could summarise this by personal development..and I feel, a worthy task it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    I <3 ISTps.
    One ISTp friend of mine is a complete genious...he invented a whole new way of subtracting numbers from each other in second grade. He's also one of the few people that's actualy up for doing fun adventurous stuff with me.
    If that is a trait of ISTps, then I know why they're my dual. Holy lordy. My #1 requirement is the willingness to get up and go on crazy adventures. I love initiating but I'm not so good at convincing, so it really helps.

Me: Let's go over there!
    Lame Person: Why? What are we going to do?

The 'why' always gets me. I need to craft a response somewhere along the lines of, "Because possibilities of unimaginable fun will suddenly be clear to me when I have your willingness to go over there." Sheesh.
    ENFP

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sponyonye View Post
    My #1 requirement is the willingness to get up and go on crazy adventures.
    You 'll always have that with me baby.

And it's also in my top 5 requirem... fuck that... it's my #1 requirement as well.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by njio View Post
    Hahaha. Yeah, I think it's a bit patronizing to treat kids like dumbasses... they'll do the same to you
    Exactly. Kids are naive, not fucking stupid.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

ISTps aren't braggards. At least this thread is giving off that impression.

Another reason to brag: Keith Richards.

ISTps are unpretentious. I don't think ISTps ever WANT to be cool. Perhaps a certain level of coolness is required to keep people from interfering with one's way of life. But apart from that: wearing, eating, saying or listening to stuff "because it makes me look cool"? Please. ISTps would file that under "useless expenditure of energy for moronic reasons".

They're live-and-let-live people. It's your life, you've got to do what you think is best, even if it IS idiotic. They don't interfere with other people's business, they don't manipulate anyone, they don't try to convert others.

Unlikely to be manipulated. Sane. Independent. Grounded.

They're unhurried. No rush.

In a field that interests them, they're likely to have very high standards and to do a very good and thorough job. Therefore I'd say they're usually very good at what they're doing.

Egalitarian. Can be "the" expert in a field without being patronizing. Don't have to be "the" boss; being the boss usually means having lots of faff and bother (ugh) - worse: it means having to deal with "people" issues - ARGH. As long as their boss is fair, reasonable etc, they're loyal followers. Only they're not "following" anyone, really; they're merely walking in the same direction and letting the boss do all the unpleasant work.

Loyal. They're not clingy, and can let much time pass by without contacting anyone; but if they're best friends with someone, then they're best friends, period.

Generous. Able to help someone because help is required; not on a tit-for-tat basis, and not "up to a certain point but not beyond". F.expl., if an ISTp met someone who's obviously lost their way completely, he might get into his own car and drive ahead of them to the next intersection that has reliable signposts. And think nothing of it. It's what needed to be done, so they did it. He'd never dream of making a big song-and-dance about it.

Unflappable.

Unostentatious.

As a rule, their opinions are informed and well thought through.

Polite. Courteous. Unwilling to hurt anyone's feelings or rock any boats. They can do that, but usually just if they're being pushed too far. Especially towards anyone who is in a weaker position than they themselves are, they're VERY considerate and helpful. Not just that - they'll even make sure that it's not patronizing the other person or putting them under a sense of obligation. This is usually done very quietly, and quite often they don't even feel like they're doing such a big thing.

They have three feelings they know of: "calm", "mildly irritated" and "bad". This was stated by some ISTps in older threads. One made a protocol of how he was feeling during the day. It largely went: "Calm. .... Calm. .... Still calm. ... Supervisor is being unreasonable: feeling mildly irritated. ... Calm again." I find that relaxing.

They love the way ENFps aren't all that well organized. This, of course, is a very good quality to have. An ISTp's idea of hell: marrying someone who has the right tupperware container for everything.

Plus, they're usually good at cooking and at tuning guitars.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ridiculously good description there, bud
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat View Post
    They love the way ENFps aren't all that well organized. This, of course, is a very good quality to have. An ISTp's idea of hell: marrying someone who has the right tupperware container for everything.
    Hahaha...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.