Thread: Brag about ISTps here

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They dont let me get close. I've always found most people easy. Throw some kindness and charm and Fi their way and they are likely to melt. And i can see the extent they have melted.

ISTp's aren't like that. I always wonder if the two ISTp's i know even like me. I have no idea how much they like me. I get the impression they think im "ok". lol. One of them is like an ice cold rock. He rings me occasionally and askes me to come over. So that means he thinks im ok. But we wont really let me in. My old friend is hot and cold with me. Sometimes he does open up emotionally. Other times i think hes ready to tell me to fuck myself. I have met a third ISTp who seems to be more friendly to me though.

Even though that sounds strange and not bragging, I think it works in their favour. It keeps me guessing.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They fix stuff. Although it sometimes takes work to get them off their project and on yours.

They are relaxed and don't rush you or anything. Yay to not rushing!

They make sure there is gas in the tank of your car so you don't run out of gas in the middle of a busy street and have to flag down college boys to help you push your car into a Subway parking lot and call for help.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meatburger:

If your buddy calls you and tells you to come over, trust me, that's big. It takes a lot for me to call my friends over. A LOT.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Meatburger:

If your buddy calls you and tells you to come over, trust me, that's big. It takes a lot for me to call my friends over. A LOT.
    Yeah, I was about to say. It can even be a huge thing, unless that's the custom in your parts.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do a lot of the people they really love. Do a whole lot.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very loving people. just that most people don't see it because they are so not obvious.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    They dont let me get close. I've always found most people easy. Throw some kindness and charm and Fi their way and they are likely to melt. And i can see the extent they have melted.

ISTp's aren't like that. I always wonder if the two ISTp's i know even like me. I have no idea how much they like me. I get the impression they think im "ok". lol. One of them is like an ice cold rock. He rings me occasionally and askes me to come over. So that means he thinks im ok. But we wont really let me in. My old friend is hot and cold with me. Sometimes he does open up emotionally. Other times i think hes ready to tell me to fuck myself. I have met a third ISTp who seems to be more friendly to me though.

Even though that sounds strange and not bragging, I think it works in their favour. It keeps me guessing.
    Let me tell you a few tips, though I think that with the girls it's easier, well depends... ok, let me focus.

It's not a good idea to be too "in your face" with them about how you feel. In fact, the best thing is to let them be the ones to display affection openly, whenever it is they want to with no pressure. This will allow them to comfortably express whatever it is they are feeling, which is a lot sometimes but they just don't say it, or just decide to forget it later. In other words, dryness can be a good thing with them. I'm saying this because I'm like the master dry person in the outside sometimes by accident, which I guess makes them comfortable, or acts like a vaccuum that makes them talk. Also, the best thing is probably to say things with a straight face to focus on what is said than how it is being said, if that makes sense.

Another thing is that they might have this unshakable, over-the-top sense of morality in some issues. However, in general, I think they value politeness and respect a great deal. Some have even told me that I am not polite, and sometimes the "I can't believe you just said that..." I'm guessing it would be more of a shock with certain ENFps. So if, for example, you do crazy stuff like licking a meatball so that no one else can eat it, and you don't eat it, then that's not good. At least, I saw an ENFp do it, haha.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sereno. Yeah im never really in their face about feelings. I was all touchy feely when i was younger but im quite over that now. I am quite forceful when im annoyed though. Im not scared to tell ISTps or ESTj's that they have shitted me off. I always feel bad after though. Im actually not to fussed with ISTp girls. Ive handled myself well with them, ive just had terrible bad luck with them actually getting to know me.

=) Excellent. Unfortunately i am exactly the same. I barely ever ring anybody. When i was younger i had far too many people calling me so i never learnt to take the initiative.

I just invited them both to the cricket next week. Awaiting responses. Im feeling both of them are going to bail on me
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i was younger i used to look at my ISTP friend and actually just feel "Cool" by association. I cant really explain it but he would drive around in his car with this calm internal im just driving state lol. Used to just make me grin

Its unexplainable what i appreciate about them. Its just the way they think. Like they just do what makes them happy and what they want to do.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww, ISTp. So cute, specially when they try to give away, either intentionally or not, the impression that they are tough people. I have the impression that ISTp are among the top softest and gentlest people. It soon becomes obvious when you observe them to take care of their pets or to interact with little children.

Too bad that many males choose to follow the traditional gender roles and hide this part of their personality.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Awww, ISTp. So cute, specially when they try to give away, either intentionally or not, the impression that they are tough people. I have the impression that ISTp are among the top softest and gentlest people. It soon becomes obvious when you observe them to take care of their pets or to interact with little children.

Too bad that many males choose to follow the traditional gender roles and hide this part of their personality.
    Actually the ones I know hate kids... can't stand them.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    They say that until they have kids of their own, IMO. And that's not based just my husband.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I was that way until my sister had my niece. It completely changed. I still don't really enjoy other people's children though.