Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's your least favorite thing about your identicals?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Machiavellian motherfuckers at times. Generally harder to hit up a conversation with than most.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Machiavellian motherfuckers at times. Generally harder to hit up a conversation with than most.
    oh no-no, the Machiavellian ones are usually ENFJs

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brittleness.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESIs are pretty hard to get to know. They test the waters a lot. and change their minds. Super pessimistic.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my identicals, although I don't know any irl. It would be interesting to meet someone who thought like me, although their weak points would be annoying. The well developed ones would probably be really cool. I wish I knew some irl...sigh.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much speculating, too little action. I'm terrible enough myself, having to spend time with someone just as bad makes me want to throw things at walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

extremely obvious Te PoLR. makes me feel like i too will be just as inept my whole life

Add:
    -sometimes a weird, age or situation inappropriate childlike way of dealing w/ people
    -"don't know how the world works" naive vibes

unexpected positive:

-I find the SEI women I've met... pretty attractive? like not in your face so but kind of like really pleasing overall
    Last edited by lemontrees; 10-19-2014 at 12:13 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I sense seething bitchiness and competitiveness under many Beta NF females, which I'm not a fan of. Some are better at concealing it than others. It's like - you cool and I understand you and you're awesome, but maybe we shouldn't be friends It's just fighting for the same territory.

Guys are cool though, maybe trying to appear tougher than they are, but I find it endearing

Edit: Fuck, this came off more bitchy than I intended. An IEI girl is actually my closest friend atm and I love her dearly...
    Last edited by darya; 10-18-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo male beta NFs are a lot worse than females.

Moodiness is my least favorite thing.. it's like I'm allowed to be moody bc I can't help it, but how dare other people be moody and ruin everyone's fun?!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSEs are kind of boring.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With my identicals, we share the same vulnerable spots, so we can't help other out. As much as I love my fellow identicals, sometimes it's awkward watching them because it's like you're viewing your own awkward self. I watched a video of my identical, his speech patterns and hand movements were eerily similar to mine. It was fascinating and unsettling all at once.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Hmm. I don't really relate anymore to my previous post from two years ago lol.

I would say that something I dislike is that I've noticed that SEI's can be dutiful, while still not being very efficient. This leads them to spend more time than necessary doing productive activities that they need to "get done" and it cuts into time for their personal life and interests. I had one SEI friend in grad school who spent all of his time on student stuff and never went partying, however he was doing it extremely slowly and often seemed to actually spend much of that time watching youtube videos of glee. Etc. Lol.

I know I'm like this all the time too. ;___;

(maybe it differs from person to person...?)
    I dont know if we're identicals or not, but this is the story of my (academic) life...
    my sister's like this too..

(substitute glee with something else fun online lol)
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of communication. So frustrating.
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI-Si - Can't say I've met one, but I suppose it'd be similar to Kindred in that they're a bit lazy.

SLI-Te - Lack of warmth, communication skills; feeling like I'm tip toeing around them.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE--focus on image, tendency to intrude, give you shit about how you seem pissed off when you didn't say anything at all.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We compete for the same attention.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Neither will make the first move.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Se subtype identicals are terribly competitive and always compare themselves to me .. as if being the same Sociotype meant having similar values.

Fi subtype identicals can appear either aloof&self-absorbed, or rather accommodating sometimes ... so I kind of think they're being fake, I guess. But this is not the case for me lol. I heard it in their own words that I don't seem to give as much shit about other ppl's feelings as some of them do. I suppose you can say various differences come down to enneagram and core motivations....
    Last edited by Amber; 12-18-2014 at 01:11 PM.

TIM
    SEE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII

Over-fixating on details and ruminating circular logic
    or
    They talk to themselves, while ignore everyone's input

I'm open to a new type, even IEI lmao.
    The sound of the bells are unusually loud today...

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whining. I'm Fe ignoring and even I can tell when eii Fi droning on and whining kills the Fe vibe in the room. It's much worse if they are in a high status position because then they can almost force everyone to sit and listen to their whining.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    The whining. I'm Fe ignoring and even I can tell when eii Fi droning on and whining kills the Fe vibe in the room. It's much worse if they are in a high status position because then they can almost force everyone to sit and listen to their whining.
    Amen.

Wife has an acquaintance EII and she dumps her feeling world views on the world like there is no tomorrow, and in deep monologues. It is processing emotions and needing to vent, but body language and reading everyone is just not there, if you can see only yourself and then you are the main only character.

Her kids always used to say, i feel sorry for dad, because he has to listen to that all the time, where we can create excuses and leave the scene.

It just seems every event is a 10 out 10 on the Richter scale. She's healthy but anytime there is social media posting she injects something contrary to the trajectory not acknowledging anyone else, even one iota.

It's like autism in a way in the centerdness of it.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    Amen.

Wife has an acquaintance EII and she dumps her feeling world views on the world like there is no tomorrow, and in deep monologues. It is processing emotions and needing to vent, but body language and reading everyone is just not there, if you can see only yourself and then you are the main only character.

Her kids always used to say, i feel sorry for dad, because he has to listen to that all the time, where we can create excuses and leave the scene.

It just seems every event is a 10 out 10 on the Richter scale. She's healthy but anytime there is social media posting she injects something contrary to the trajectory not acknowledging anyone else, even one iota.

It's like autism in a way in the centerdness of it.
    This is very interesting to me.

I view "whining", and complaining in general, as a way that a person asks for help with the things they aren't good at.

I read somewhere (probably here) that ESIs (the OTHER Fi-dom) like to spend all their time at home complaining to their husbands about, as the ESI Bruce Springsteen famously said, "somebody....doing something they know is wrong", and their husbands are expected to agree with them.

The ESI-Fi, whom I dated for three years and left only because she was Dismissive-Avoidant, often said that she needed help. Mostly with financial things, but she really needed help with everything Te.

Also, while she typically spent about 60% of our time together complaining about the bad behavior of everyone she knew, that rose to about 95% on what I think she knew was our last date.
    Complaining = "Are you going to help me or not?"

I was just in the checkout line at the boutique grocery store when an attractively slender woman, who preceded me in checking out, dropped her box of flowers on the ground. Then she wailed, and then she dropped her purse, and the checkout girl rushed to help her but wasn't much help. The woman turned and I saw her face and she looked like Lady Gaga without makeup. Very Fi-domish, maybe not conventionally beautiful, but beautiful to me, so I walked over to help her, but she had the plants back in the box by then. I could only say "Don't worry. They're tough. Just put them in the ground and water them and in three weeks they'll be fine."
    She gave me a look somewhere between extreme distress and pleading and anger, then out the door she went.
    I should have added "in three weeks they'll be almost as lovely as you are", but hey, in the heat of the moment, I couldn't tell if she was married or not.

Honestly, I got the clear impression that something in her life (not flowers) was going seriously wrong.

I should add that listening to an Fi-dom woman complain doesn't bother me. I assume that's for the same reason that my Te-assholishness doesn't bother them.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-24-2024 at 12:26 PM.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

I view "whining", and complaining in general, as a way that a person asks for help with the things they aren't good at.

I read somewhere (probably here) that ESIs (the OTHER Fi-dom) like to spend all their time at home complaining to their husbands about, as the ESI Bruce Springsteen famously said, "somebody....doing something they know is wrong", and their husbands are expected to agree with them.

The ESI-Fi, whom I dated for three years and left only because she was Dismissive-Avoidant, often said that she needed help. Mostly with financial things, but she really needed help with everything Te.

Also, while she typically spent about 60% of our time together complaining about the bad behavior of everyone she knew, that rose to about 95% on what I think she knew was our last date.

I was just in the checkout line at the boutique grocery store when an attractively slender woman, who preceded me in checking out, dropped her box of flowers on the ground. Then she wailed, and then she dropped her purse, and the checkout girl rushed to help her but wasn't much help. The woman turned and I saw her face and she looked like Lady Gaga without makeup. Very Fi-domish, maybe not conventionally beautiful, but beautiful to me, so I walked over to help her, but she had the plants back in the box by then. I could only say "Don't worry. They're tough. Just put them in the ground and water them and in three weeks they'll be fine."
    She gave me a look somewhere between extreme distress and pleading and anger, then out the door she went.
    I should have added "in three weeks they'll be almost as lovely as you are", but hey, in the heat of the moment, I couldn't tell if she was married or not.

Honestly, I got the clear impression that something in her life (not flowers) was going seriously wrong.

I should add that listening to an Fi-dom woman complain doesn't bother me. I assume it's for the same reason that my Te-assholishness doesn't bother them.

They are pretty good together, her husband is LSE, we had them over for a yard party a couple of years ago. I could see role Fe playing out in asking to tell about a football game score, ongoing, as they came in, but reading the vibe and asking if it is OK to disclose it, not wanting to spoil anything. That is Fe working.

She was strict with the boys, not even allowing squirt guns as toys. Helicopter type parent.

He works a lot of OT in his business and is more there than home.

Overall it works.

My wife and her do good together, SEI woman are like an agony aunt and can listen for hours about your problems. We were at a camp ground once, and someone stopped her on a trail, and this camper guy was talking for a long time to her, and her ESE sister told me to go rescue her, because she will stand there for hours on end, otherwise. True. lol.

She can attract all kinds. I've seen her entertain a truck driver and lineman together in conversation, and being very personable she is well liked. Can talk to anybody and win them over.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    They are pretty good together, her husband is LSE, we had them over for a yard party a couple of years ago. I could see role Fe playing out in asking to tell about a football game score, ongoing, as they came in, but reading the vibe and asking if it is OK to disclose it, not wanting to spoil anything. That is Fe working.

She was strict with the boys, not even allowing squirt guns as toys. Helicopter type parent.

He works a lot of OT in his business and is more there than home.

Overall it works.

My wife and her do good together, SEI woman are like an agony aunt and can listen for hours about your problems. We were at a camp ground once, and someone stopped her on a trail, and this camper guy was talking for a long time to her, and her ESE sister told me to go rescue her, because she will stand there for hours on end, otherwise. True. lol.

She can attract all kinds. I've seen her entertain a truck driver and lineman together in conversation, and being very personable she is well liked. Can talk to anybody and win them over.
    So true about SEI. My cousin is the exact same way. We took an uber one time and he chatted up the driver the whole ride to the point that when we got t destination the driver came out and shook my cousin's hand, not mine tho looool.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

I should add that listening to an Fi-dom woman complain doesn't bother me. I assume it's for the same reason that my Te-assholishness doesn't bother them.
    Could be Te seeking behavior. Your encounters read like a scene outta James Bond lol.

There is just a brand of Eii whining that can be annoying to everyone around and Eii is blind to it because Fe ignoring. It's not just venting tho, it's specifically whining in content and tone. And sometimes whining about something too personal for anyone to understand or give a damn about lol (Fe ignoring again). And when it's real bad it can be contagious and kill the mood.

The worst example was a manager I had who despite being competent at his job would hold meetings with the team where for the 1st 10 mins he'd just bitch and moan about all the people that were to blame for why our project was being delayed or whatever, and often whine about how much he hated his job. The worst of this was when we hired 2 new employees and on their 1st day he was bitching and moaning about how this job sucks to them, killing any excitement for their 1st day at the company. Horrible for morale and just creates a toxic work environment altogether. Just killing everyone's mood daily.

Irony is I feel like I'm doing the whining right now lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Could be Te seeking behavior. Your encounters read like a scene outta James Bond lol.

There is just a brand of Eii whining that can be annoying to everyone around and Eii is blind to it because Fe ignoring. It's not just venting tho, it's specifically whining in content and tone. And sometimes whining about something too personal for anyone to understand or give a damn about lol (Fe ignoring again). And when it's real bad it can be contagious and kill the mood.

The worst example was a manager I had who despite being competent at his job would hold meetings with the team where for the 1st 10 mins he'd just bitch and moan about all the people that were to blame for why our project was being delayed or whatever, and often whine about how much he hated his job. The worst of this was when we hired 2 new employees and on their 1st day he was bitching and moaning about how this job sucks to them, killing any excitement for their 1st day at the company. Horrible for morale and just creates a toxic work environment altogether. Just killing everyone's mood daily.

Irony is I feel like I'm doing the whining right now lol.
    For several years, I would take my EII secretary out for lunch (we alternated paying the tabs), because she was great to be around and I liked her but not in a romantic way. For one thing, she was married, and I don't get romantically involved with married women. But there is a strong tendency to want to spend more time with co-workers whom you like, rather than the ones you don't like. And being my Semi-Dual, she was easy to like.

But one day, we were sitting in a very nice, white-tablecloth restaurant, and she started crying. Loudly. Just out of nowhere. It turned out that she was getting a divorce from her stupid husband, and she spent the entire lunch crying loudly. At my initial shock, I was horrified that the other diners would think I was hurting her, but none of them blinked an eye, and I instantly turned to trying to give her moral support.

She didn't seem to actually need any moral support. She just wanted to cry loudly in a public place and complain about her husband. Lol.
    She cried real tears all the way back to the office, and then she turned them off just when we entered the building.

Man. My first exposure to Fe-ignoring. It definitely gets the attention of a Te-dom.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234