Thread: The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    No, not necessarily, but I'd say that Bella loves that Se and he is probably Se creative. I could see her as possibly ILI also (not especially, though I do think Fe-devaluing and Se valuing is what I see from the movie), but come on, an ILI that strolls into school and is the beloved of all the alpha crew? Never in the history of the universe will this occur.
    I agree. I keep seeing Fi/Se and to a lesser degree Ni, but I'm having trouble picking up on Te. Can anyone point out some Te? I'm probably looking at it from a Delta Te perspective.

Like I said, Fe devaluing is pretty obvious, to the extent that I wouldn't be opposed to Fe PoLR for Bella. I think rationality is pretty clear though, so dunno. I'm also unsure about Ni/Te in her ago. Eh, I keep seeing Se/Fi everywhere. hehe So if we see Fi/Se in both their egos, how are they duals? Which is why I must be missing something. Probably blurring the distinction between ego and seeking functions in this one.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love google ads and their mysterious way of appealing to our conversations.

maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Could it have something to do with her mysteriousness/aloofness? Kinda the whole thing of being intrigued by the unreachable.
    She's practically throwing herself at Edward five minutes after meeting him. Plus, he's over a century old. You can't tell me that she's the first "aloof" person he's ever met in all that time. And compare her description of how everyone else at her school acts. From their perspective, she'd have to just be a klutzy ice-bitch with a holier-than-thou attitude.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    lol, I couldn't say I enjoyed it that much. My mom's seen it like 8 times in the theater, which is just mindboggling.

They're alpha in the way that if Strrrng made a movie how deltas would come across (which I would actually pay to go see btw). At least this is my impression of what was going on in the movie.

Of course I can't comment as to the book, but they weren't too negatively portrayed, just like, "Ooh, my poor classmates, always twittering on cheerfully about these ephemeral, traditional high school themes. Nothing like my bf. Who's immortal and brooding and can carry me up trees while he constantly tells me we can't be together in case he gets too intense and kills me in a ravenous bloodlust." That sort of deal.
    Oh I think you got it there. They remind me of Quinn's friends in Daria. I felt the need to make cynical remarks of them.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could it have something to do with her mysteriousness/aloofness? Kinda the whole thing of being intrigued by the unreachable.
    Then I am the victim of being incapsulated in my own horrible storybook, for the one I really want is the only one I cannot have.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    She's practically throwing herself at Edward five minutes after meeting him. Plus, he's over a century old. You can't tell me that she's the first "aloof" person he's ever met in all that time. And compare her description of how everyone else at her school acts. From their perspective, she'd have to just be a klutzy ice-bitch with a holier-than-thou attitude.
    That made me laugh.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I keep seeing Fi/Se and to a lesser degree Ni, but I'm having trouble picking up on Te. Can anyone point out some Te? I'm probably looking at it from a Delta Te perspective.
    lol, ISFj
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, she also wonders in disbelief why he would be interested in her. Here's what he says:

Edward: "You don't see yourself clearly at all. You're not like anyone I've ever known. You fascinate me. Having the advantages I do, I have a better than average grasp of human nature. People are predictable. But you...you never do what I expect. You always take me by surprise. That part is easy enough to explain. But there's more...and it's not so easy to put into words."

So there's obviously a quality about her that's different. It might be difficult to fully grasp and much more so to explain, but things like these usually are. Anyway, I remember him telling her earlier in the book that she is the only person whose mind he can't read. When she asked him why that was, he said he didn't know, but his theory is that her mind worked differently from everyone else's. My point is that there's obviously something about her that doesn't meet the eye. IMO this was an intentional way of conveying her otherness/specialness by the author. It is often the unexplainable qualities that make someone/something unique. Once you can explain it away, it often loses its appeal. It might have also been the author's intention to leave this open so that readers could individually relate to this quality in their own way.

So, I think you're failing to see the complexity behind what appears simple on the surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    lol, ISFj
    so...ISFj/ISFj?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I think you're failing to see the complexity behind what appears simple on the surface.
    I think you're failing to see the simplicity behind what appears complex on the surface. Bella is a blatant self-insert wish-fulfilment character. Everyone loves her including people who have no reason to other than LOLPLOT, she's the best vampire ever, her "ability" trumps every other vampire in existance, et bloody cetera. You're viewing her from an in-character perspective. I'm looking from the outside; I dislike the character intensely, and have a great deal of difficulty understanding how the author got published, let alone onto the bestseller list.

ALSO,
    imagine you're a father. You've just been told that your daughter is a vampire and is pregnant and has just had a shotgun wedding. Would YOUR reaction boil down to 'lol, ok'?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Errant: I so wish I hadn't clicked on that spoiler!

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol more
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are dammit you are TRYING to ruin this book for me Rich. That's it. I will bunker down this week and read it all, before you can take more away from me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Errant: I so wish I hadn't clicked on that spoiler!

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerk! You are there. Talk to me on msn already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how is it my fault anyway? I put it in a spoilerbox!

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your face is a spoilerbox.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Click it with a kiss and I'll open my heart <3

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds scary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pfft, you just aren't a romantic.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pfft, you just aren't a romantic.
    I'm fairly sure you're wrong there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Errant; 12-16-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I just saw the movie...

Bella seems very INTp -- notice the fiercely independent thing and the not wanting to talk about her feelings, questioning things in a logical way, not just going along w/ the flow of the crowd, etc.

Her dad, ISTp (a lot of examples of quietness and also using hand gestures to express something instead of words).

Edward either INTp also or ISTp. My guess would be ISTp for him, as that would make sense for the kind of comfortable relationship they had (in terms of seeming to understand each other), and they also have that sort of quiet introvert type of conversation in the beginning. But INTp is also possible. I think either would make sense for their relationship -- in that they seemed to understand eachother w/o a lot of talking, in the way that identicals experience.

Her mom does seem ENFp.

The other kids, I don't know what their types were, but it seemed like mostly feelers. The asian kid seemed kinda ENFp or ESFp, but it's hard to tell as they just all seem like HS kids.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's funny is that this thread is about a thousand times better than the movie.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol agree the movie was tripe. I saw it with my ENTj friend the other day. Guess what he said? That the girl reminded him of his ISFj girlfriend. He was right she really is similar (kind of in looks but also in actions). Not a chance shes ENFj lol.

I also thought INTp but theres was an Se about her i thought aswell. I think that dude would be pretty hard to type considering hes a vampire whos really old and wants to drink her blood for most of it.
    Last edited by meatburger; 12-18-2008 at 05:28 AM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-Cyclops

This film isn't released here till tomorrow.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    OK, I just saw the movie...

Bella seems very INTp -- notice the fiercely independent thing and the not wanting to talk about her feelings, questioning things in a logical way, not just going along w/ the flow of the crowd, etc.

Her dad, ISTp (a lot of examples of quietness and also using hand gestures to express something instead of words).

Edward either INTp also or ISTp. My guess would be ISTp for him, as that would make sense for the kind of comfortable relationship they had (in terms of seeming to understand each other), and they also have that sort of quiet introvert type of conversation in the beginning. But INTp is also possible. I think either would make sense for their relationship -- in that they seemed to understand eachother w/o a lot of talking, in the way that identicals experience.

Her mom does seem ENFp.

The other kids, I don't know what their types were, but it seemed like mostly feelers. The asian kid seemed kinda ENFp or ESFp, but it's hard to tell as they just all seem like HS kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Lol agree the movie was tripe. I saw it with my ENTj friend the other day. Guess what he said? That the girl reminded him of his ISFj girlfriend. He was right she really is similar (kind of in looks but also in actions). Not a chance shes ENFj lol.

I also thought INTp but theres was an Se about her i thought aswell. I think that dude would be pretty hard to type considering hes a vampire whos really old and wants to drink her blood for most of it.
    Maybe she is some weird mix of INTp and ISFj, haha, because a few people told me that the character (Bella) reminded them of me and I think that she reminded me of my INTp friend.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems puzzling to me that fictional characters could be reliably typed; I mean, unlike real people, there is no neurological imperative to follow consistent logic, aside from the author's wants.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe she is some weird mix of INTp and ISFj, haha, because a few people told me that the character (Bella) reminded them of me and I think that she reminded me of my INTp friend.
    My initial impression was gamma SF. I do not think anything else is likely.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems puzzling to me that fictional characters could be reliably typed; I mean, unlike real people, there is no neurological imperative to follow consistent logic, aside from the author's wants.
    Yeah, I've thought the same thing myself. I mean, it's obvious that there are certain types that they are NOT, but as for reliably finding a single type? Unlikely imo.
    John Muir

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've thought the same thing myself. I mean, it's obvious that there are certain types that they are NOT, but as for reliably finding a single type? Unlikely imo.
    NOT ENFj

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOT ENFj
    +1
    John Muir

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni-ENTj for actress Kristen Stewart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post

She reminds me a bit of Emma Watson

ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems more reserved and controlled than Watson to me.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    She reminds me a bit of Emma Watson

Watson I think is Ti-ESTp. She's got this kinda aggressive, from-the-hip, devil-may-care demeanor that is much more indicative of Beta and EP. Stewart seems to be kinda coldly analytical and very controlled. While the two kinda look alike, I think you can see the Fe/Ti vs. Te/Fi distinction between the two pretty easily. I considered some other Gamma types as well for Stewart, but Ni-ENTj seemed to fit best, especially given what appears to be a relatively high energy level coupled with a kinda metered ruggedness in the way she seems to process information. I generally think of P-EJ types as having little filter of the information they receive from the world, but carefully controlling the output they produce. This is the impression that Stewart has given me in interviews, so I think Ni-ENTj fits best.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This actually reminds me a little of Vero

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    This actually reminds me a little of Vero
    bleh

Anyway, this is a very interesting interview with David Letterman (Te-ISTp). It's funny to watch their dynamic. Pay attention to her facial mannerisms and bodily movements; they are a very good example of an Ni-ENxj—the general psychological control juxtaposed with the unfiltered, somewhat sporadic activity (dynamic). Biggg difference between J-subs and P-subs.

I also liked what she said about the academic system, just mentioning wanting to learn but having a problem with authority. It was humorous to watch his reaction to the attitude it was expressed with.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bleh

Anyway, this is a very interesting interview with David Letterman (Te-ISTp). It's funny to watch their dynamic. Pay attention to her facial mannerisms and bodily movements; they are a very good example of an Ni-ENxj—the general psychological control juxtaposed with the unfiltered, somewhat sporadic activity (dynamic). Biggg difference between J-subs and P-subs.

I also liked what she said about the academic system, just mentioning wanting to learn but having a problem with authority. It was humorous to watch his reaction to the attitude it was expressed with.
    Haha, this was good, thanks for posting. I like how she said she was going to drive to Russia from London.
    John Muir

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, this was good, thanks for posting. I like how she said she was going to drive to Russia from London.
    Yeah, I liked that part too. It seemed to encapsulate the general attitude I was sensing with her (she's probably a 7w8)—the sort of rugged individuality that doesn't need to prove itself.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn you nick, you just made me watch an hours worth of youtube videos of twilight stuff x_x
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast