Hybrid View

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Iee > Eii

I'm really starting to believe IEE > EII for myself.

After rummaging around for EP/IJ examples that I could apply for myself, I'm really starting to believe EP makes more sense for me.

I focused more on body expression and how I tend to pose in more candid pictures.

I'll cross-post the "Champion" video, and I'll add this picture from a few years ago:

(EE Senior Lab Project)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...&videoid=80110

Maybe a crappy Heisman pose from almost 6 years ago will do?

I'll post one more crappy (but fun!) video from 4 1/2 years ago (when I experimented with a crappy hair style)

I'm aware of the ratio of actual movie to outtakes. It was just something to do to blow off some steam.

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think ENFp makes way more sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry this a bit offtopic, but what do you think of Ezra's typing of you as IEI?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    sorry this a bit offtopic, but what do you think of Ezra's typing of you as IEI?
    Did he type me IEI? I'll have to rummage through some posts to find that. Hmm.

Edit: Ok, I see it now in his user list on the wikisocion.

Ezra, how do you feel about an IEI being a 9w1 so > 4 so?

Would it make more sense for an IEI to be 4 so > 9w1 so?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no qualms about either. They both make perfect sense. Even IEE makes sense for both. Do you know which you are? From your first video I'd say you were a 9. However, your content seemed to be somewhat 4ish. I may have posted this before, but if not, read it:

Misidentifying Fours and Nines

Some average Nines think that they are Fours because they have artistic talents and creative inclinations of one kind or another. As in the case of love not being the sole domain of Twos, artistic capacity is not the sole province of Fours. Other types can be, and often are, artists.

Even so, the artistry of Fours is much more personal and self-revealing than that of Nines. The art of Nines often expresses idealized, mythological, and archetypal worlds–usually the real world glossed into something fantastic and wondrous. Nines are often gifted storytellers in which "...and they all lived happily ever after" is assured. (There are no unhappy endings in the Nine's world of make-believe.) By contrast, the art of Fours is generally more personal and realistic, the expression of the Four's (and of everyone's) deep longing for love, wholeness, and meaning. Fours often deal in the tragic, finding redemption in self-transcendence; Nines deal in the commonplace, finding comfort in ordinary lives and simple situations.

The principal reason these types may be confused is that they are both withdrawn types. (PT, 433-36). Fours withdraw from others so that they can protect themselves and give themselves time to deal with their emotions. Nines, on the other hand, are withdrawn in the sense that they remove their attention from people or situations that threaten them, disengaging themselves emotionally so that they will not be anxious or upset. They cut off their identification with others (or never identify with them in the first place), identifying instead with a private idealized version of reality. Average to unhealthy Nines tune out any unpleasantness by dissociating from whatever upsets them, whereas Fours do just the opposite, brooding over their anxieties in an attempt to come to terms with them. Fours are certainly not detached from their emotions–just the reverse, they are keenly aware of them, perhaps too much so.

Both types can therefore be shy, absent-minded, confused, and detached from the real world. The difference is that Nines are detached both from the external world and from their emotions, whereas Fours withdraw from whatever has caused them pain. (In the end, that may add up to quite a lot.) Nines see the world through rose-colored glasses, and their view of it is comforting, whereas Fours see the world from a garret window as outsiders and are not comforted: everyone else seems to be living a happier, more normal life. Contrast the personalities of Mahler (a Four) and Aaron Copland (a Nine), Saul Steinberg (a Four) and Norman Rockwell (a Nine).
    I could see you as both an IEI and an EII, simply because I haven't yet fully understood the difference between them, besides the fact that the IEI values Se/Ni and Ti/Fe, and the EII values Si/Ne and Te/Fi.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are an IEE, you are a 7, tereg. Can you see yourself as a 7? If not, you are probably not an IEE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    If you are an IEE, you are a 7, tereg. Can you see yourself as a 7? If not, you are probably not an IEE.
    tereg, ignore Phaedrus. He is talking bullshit. A 4s and 9s can be EIIs, they can be their mirrors too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your inventive drive, driven by your own desire to improve something is more Ne than Fi base. Ne, because it's external, will view something that's not working and will try to collect ideas, other things that are working and combine their thoughts and come up with an object that works. Continue doing this; it's really nice. I mostly suggest, Ne being my creative function, what others can do, what ideas they can use. I don't actually use my ideas because I'm an introvert; I'm into myself and my thoughts and feelings and don't care much about what's going on on the outside although I greatly admire the efforts you extraverts put into things. The only effort I'm comfortable with is typing. And eating. I would also like to say that this is the reason why I type Steve Jobs as an Ne base because, if anyone's read anything about him, he, while doing things, often tells his friends how he can take an idea about that and put it into whatever he's building.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, old friend.

How I've missed thee. (The thread)
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tereg! *waves* How's the wife?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copulating like bunnies?

*nibble carrot*
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Tereg! *waves* How's the wife?
    We're not married yet, that will be next year. She's doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Copulating like bunnies?

*nibble carrot*
    No.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    We're not married yet, that will be next year. She's doing great.
    Ohhhhh. OK.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.