Thread: Relations of Benefit - how does it manifest?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Relations of Benefit - how does it manifest?

How do Benefit relations manifest in, for example, a social setting? For example, the EII => ILI or LII => IEI relations.

I understand the theory behind it, just not how it would concretely manifest in everyday situations.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IR is mostly about feelings between people.

The suborderer is easier to do what is asked for.
    Suborderer should to have more personal attraction to oderer, than orderer to him.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The descriptions on the psychology sites makes it sound as though the the beneficiary totally worships the benefactor with no reciprocity whatsoever. Like some bad Oprah fan that kisses her feet while she just smugly looks in the opposite direction and asks her wait staff to fetch her more tea.

In my experience it's not like that at all, although the beneficiary does get more giddy than the benefactor, but I think they infect their giddiness and the benefactor then becomes a little giddy themselves. Assuming the benefactor is not some narcissistic idiot, or in a particularly foul mood about something that happened to them. I get that their supposed to be asymmetrical relationships but it's like blah. I think it's the intertype relationship that's worded the most poorly.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

benefactor acts in such a way that it seems like an invitation for the beneficiary to open up so they do but then benefactor responds in a way that is not fully receptive which makes beneficiary thinks maybe they made a mistake or need to try harder, so they usually do so, and its usually half accepted again, but the benefactor kind of recognizes he's starting to disappoint the beneficiary so acts in a way thats even more inviting. its sort of a reverse conflict where it spirals into an increasingly energetic exchange and is generally positively tinged, but still less than perfectly satisfying in the end (but if it didn't exhaust itself it just leads to anticipating the next encounter). i think benefactor secretely likes their beneficiary a lot more than the beneficiary "hears"--there's this element of mixed messages being sent, but on the whole they lean toward very positive relations when, like conflict, an appropriate amount of distance is maintained. I have an LIE teacher and I can tell it would eventually go bad if we spent more time together, but in short doses we like eachother. same with my ESE counselor. if I had to work in close proximity to either of them for extended periods it would probably go south but its the kind of relationship where like if they're more of a regular acquaintance you're the type of person they walk away from saying "I really like that person!"

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

if I had to work in close proximity to either of them for extended periods it would probably go south but its the kind of relationship where like if they're more of a regular acquaintance you're the type of person they walk away from saying "I really like that person!"
    Yeah that's how I feel too. This pretty much hits the nail on the head/sums up the relationship in a nutshell.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ive heard the benefactor acts like a big brother or sister to the beneficiary.
    Likewise supervision is more extreme mimicking parent child relationships

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally notice it when I have an immediate 'like' of sorts towards another person. I often made the mistake of thinking it was the person themselves i liked, but it is in fact rather the relation dynamic that makes me like a person - and I frequently notice this with my benefactor. I feel like i think highly of them but receive a combination of advice and criticism. I have more experience with this (that i've made a note of) than with supervision.