1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    It is very mean, but maybe gender-biased. I'm trying to think of a female version for the bit about that person you've admired forever.
    That's easy -- pointlessly hoping that some day, some guy will approach her doing something else other than bragging about how good he's in sports, how attractive he is to girls generally, and how much beer he can drink.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, then: finding such a guy who's still available.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"no-one" likes smart/nerdy girls.
    Ah yeah. And those who do, are already taken by less smart girls.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find your offensive descriptions more sad than offensive (perhaps it's the same in a way).

The EIE one was sad because it's a person without a self, or sense of themselves...

The LIE one was sad because it's a person who dies without ever having "lived" because they miss the moments.

Maybe they're more like deep central worries inside of types... I can imagine that the fear of dying without having lived might go quite well with Ni in the ego block (unvalued and neglected Si), but I could see it being the most central to TeNi. The worry of never knowing who you are, trying to find it, when it seems you only play parts might resonate with both Beta NFs (though is likely more central to EIE).

I suppose that's why they're "offensive," as they point out deep fears that might go with types, things that hit you rather hard then, as you fear it is true.

Or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I find your offensive descriptions more sad than offensive (perhaps it's the same in a way).

The EIE one was sad because it's a person without a self, or sense of themselves...

The LIE one was sad because it's a person who dies without ever having "lived" because they miss the moments.

Maybe they're more like deep central worries inside of types... I can imagine that the fear of dying without having lived might go quite well with Ni in the ego block (unvalued and neglected Si), but I could see it being the most central to TeNi. The worry of never knowing who you are, trying to find it, when it seems you only play parts might resonate with both Beta NFs (though is likely more central to EIE).

I suppose that's why they're "offensive," as they point out deep fears that might go with types, things that hit you rather hard then, as you fear it is true.

Or something.
    I agree, are they meant to be offensive because they make people of that type feel pathetic? They make me feel sorry for people of that type rather than say, laugh at them

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat, perhaps the jock could be an SEE, with his charming Fi. Or maybe the SLE, who once bullied the poor little guy, and then, with poor Ni, comes running to him for job when he's 40, only to be turned down.

To look at it optimistically, okay, the LIE has a teenagehood of hell, but once he's up there, 'you little airhead sports excellence kids will be working for me now, heh heh heh heh'.

It pays to be the one who gets the best of both worlds i.e. me. I was neither bullied, nor will I be working for anyone.

"All the nice guys are married or gay"?
    Thank YOU, I will take credit for that quote.

"no-one" likes smart [...] girls.
    That's a lie.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I'm a "nerd", and yes I see it as one of my more desirable qualities. Of course, most guys wouldn't think so, but doesn't matter because there will be guys that do. (I can't be compatible with everyone, after all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    To look at it optimistically, okay, the LIE has a teenagehood of hell, but once he's up there, 'you little airhead sports excellence kids will be working for me now, heh heh heh heh'.
    When I was having trouble with a LSE manager I was said "She can write me up if she wants to. It won't matter when she's writing her rent check out to me." (I'm guessing someone told her I said that, too, because she went from being sort of irritated with me to hating me not long after that.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Yes, I'm a "nerd", and yes I see it as one of my more desirable qualities. Of course, most guys wouldn't think so, but doesn't matter because there will be guys that do. (I can't be compatible with everyone, after all.)
    Joy, I've never met a guy or girl who finds 'nerdy' attractive. However, I know for a fact that there are many guys out there (me included) that find intelligence in a women extremely attractive.

So, LIE females, for future reference, if you want to woo a male, show him how intelligent you are by not trying to look intelligent, because then you will look like a nerd. You are intelligent, so what's the need to try anything.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find nerdiness (and geekiness) attractive as well. And personally I don't think that trying to look intelligent is what makes someone a nerd. Trying to look intelligent could make someone look insecure, but true nerdiness/geekiness is something else, at least by my definition.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Joy, I've never met a guy or girl who finds 'nerdy' attractive. However, I know for a fact that there are many guys out there (me included) that find intelligence in a women extremely attractive.

So, LIE females, for future reference, if you want to woo a male, show him how intelligent you are by not trying to look intelligent, because then you will look like a nerd. You are intelligent, so what's the need to try anything.
    This assumes that all ENTj females are intelligent (or more likely to be intelligent than other types) and I really doubt that is true, to put it mildly. Honestly, why would it be?
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ