Thread: So hi, opinions please

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that I am making a somewhat nebulous distinction, but my troubleshooting intuition is telling me that there is some merit there. That's not really an argument, but I can't help but see Fe-ignoring in Jessica's behavior, though I could be wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs are emotionally inhibited and unexpressive the way jessica is.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    Some are.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shaun white misses you

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think typing by relation in real life is a great way to go, incase you didn't mean that?

Although yeah, it helps to have an idea of what type you are in the first place, but say, you think you might be ISTj or ISTp, then it's easier to decide who you get on with if you can type other people right (assuming the problem is you just can't type yourself).

Trying to decide if you're, for instance, ISTj or ESTp can still be done by relations, maybe better as one soon realises who in their quadra they get on better with (ie, naturally just fit into their rhythm better, like IP/EJ temperaments)
    Typing based on the functions used during interaction is fine, but typing based on how well two people get along is not. The following is a horrible way to conduct socionics;

Don't like him; he's in my conflicting quadra
    Kind of like him; maybe the two bordering quadras to mine
    I like him; he's in my quadra

The same goes for 3rd person. You have to type by functions only. Personal opinion means nothing, especially because conflictors can get along very well on a superficial basis.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Typing based on the functions used during interaction is fine, but typing based on how well two people get along is not. The following is a horrible way to conduct socionics;

Don't like him; he's in my conflicting quadra
    Kind of like him; maybe the two bordering quadras to mine
    I like him; he's in my quadra

The same goes for 3rd person. You have to type by functions only. Personal opinion means nothing, especially because conflictors can get along very well on a superficial basis.
    yes works only at close psychological distance. But works really good then.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think typing by relation in real life is a great way to go, incase you didn't mean that?

Although yeah, it helps to have an idea of what type you are in the first place, but say, you think you might be ISTj or ISTp, then it's easier to decide who you get on with if you can type other people right (assuming the problem is you just can't type yourself).

Trying to decide if you're, for instance, ISTj or ESTp can still be done by relations, maybe better as one soon realises who in their quadra they get on better with (ie, naturally just fit into their rhythm better, like IP/EJ temperaments)
    yes...it's a good cross check but typing by relation shouldn't be the only way you type yourself or others. it's more like a reliability check than it is like a primary typing mechanism.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this doesn't make ME LSI *shudder*
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I hope this doesn't make ME LSI *shudder*
    Could do. I prefer to see you as SEI though.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe PoLR

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LSIs I know are all pretty cheery and talkative.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    same here.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh? Clearly that's wrong. If you're trying to judge me based on my persona here, it's not accurate.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Huh? Clearly that's wrong. If you're trying to judge me based on my persona here, it's not accurate.
    Forum representation is often a bad medium for judging a person's personality. So yeah, you could very well be totally different from your self-portrayal here. No way to know.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum representation is often a bad medium for judging a person's personality. So yeah, you could very well be totally different from your self-portrayal here. No way to know.
    It's extremely different, in my opinion. That's why I don't care what anyone says about my type anymore.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's extremely different, in my opinion. That's why I don't care what anyone says about my type anymore.
    This supposes an awareness and perhaps control of the way you present yourself.

Are you intentionally trying to present an inaccurate persona? Or did crazedrat's comment made you feel self-conscious?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who isn't conscious of how they come across? Who isn't in control of how they act? That doesn't make much sense. You cannot sense my emotion thru my words, you cannot see my facial expressions, you cannot read my body language; therefor, typing someone based off words is inaccurate.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think LSIs are one of the types that are most likely to socialize for it's own sake, for immediate emotional interchange and expression. Some of the...less aware ones will just sort of rant on about themselves or some experience they've had, just to talk, just to take up space. With the more direct or belligerent ones, sometimes you basically have to just interrupt them to get a word in edgewise But many of them are "practiced" conversationalists who often have large bodies of knowledge on specific subjects, which they gladly expound upon with appropriate provocation, and will either narrate or go back and forth/debate/argue depending on the respective level of knowledge of the other person. Sometimes they can be almost inappropriately forthcoming with details of their lives, which is awkward to some people, but when you get to know them you grow to appreciate their straightforwardness and how much easier it makes communication on a personal level; in face-to-face communication they are somewhat transparent, and they appreciate people who are sufficiently emphatic to convince them of mutual understanding.

I could go on...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Yeah, I think LSIs are one of the types that are most likely to socialize for it's own sake, for immediate emotional interchange and expression. Some of the...less aware ones will just sort of rant on about themselves or some experience they've had, just to talk, just to take up space. With the more direct or belligerent ones, sometimes you basically have to just interrupt them to get a word in edgewise But many of them are "practiced" conversationalists who often have large bodies of knowledge on specific subjects, which they gladly expound upon with appropriate provocation, and will either narrate or go back and forth/debate/argue depending on the respective level of knowledge of the other person. Sometimes they can be almost inappropriately forthcoming with details of their lives, which is awkward to some people, but when you get to know them you grow to appreciate their straightforwardness and how much easier it makes communication on a personal level; in face-to-face communication they are somewhat transparent, and they appreciate people who are sufficiently emphatic to convince them of mutual understanding.

I could go on...
    I totally rely on the other person to give me feedback about when to talk and what to talk about. Otherwise I end up either being really awkward or acting like an ass (though I think the latter is just my means of prodding people for reactions, which tends to go overboard if I don't get any good feedback).

Do you relate to this, Jessica?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally rely on the other person to give me feedback about when to talk and what to talk about. Otherwise I end up either being really awkward or acting like an ass (though I think the latter is just my means of prodding people for reactions, which tends to go overboard if I don't get any good feedback).

Do you relate to this, Jessica?
    I think I'm pretty good at conversation, although I almost never directly talk about myself...it's always directed towards the other person...that's why sometimes I think other people aren't very good at it. When I run out of things to ask them, that's when it gets awkward because I know I should chime in with some stupid life story of mine and I just don't do that.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could go on...
    i'm definitely not LSI then lol
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually judging you based on your video. I thought you were really stoic.
    in my experience they don't really say much.. but who knows

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my 15 second clip?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed; LSIs are talkative. It's probably Fe-seeking combined with Se, implying boldness, lack of inhibition about talking whenever they feel like talking, etc.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    i'm definitely not LSI then lol
    I don't think you're not an LSI because you don't agree with what Gilly wrote about LSIs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm pretty good at conversation, although I almost never directly talk about myself...it's always directed towards the other person...that's why sometimes I think other people aren't very good at it. When I run out of things to ask them, that's when it gets awkward because I know I should chime in with some stupid life story of mine and I just don't do that.
    haha I feel this way sometimes. especially when talking to other introverts. It's like okay so now that I've asked you every possible question, the conversation is done unless you can come up with something yourself. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who isn't conscious of how they come across?
    Many people. Or at least some are less conscious than others. Fe PoLR types, for instance, can be unaware of making negative Fe impressions and can come off as killjoys (in terms of Fe) or verbally hurt someone's feelings without intending to do so. At the point were XLIs become increasingly conscious of their weak Fe, they try to find comfort in Fi. Or in other words, they think that their personal ethics and relationships are much more important than how they come across in terms of emotional expression, or in general. So they try to develop their Fi as a means to compensate for the lack of Fe.

Who isn't in control of how they act?
    Some people are more spontaneous, and less inclined to consiously control their self-image for instance.

You cannot sense my emotion thru my words, you cannot see my facial expressions, you cannot read my body language; therefor, typing someone based off words is inaccurate.
    I disagree, especially with the bolded. But whatever...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I don't think you're not an LSI because you don't agree with what Gilly wrote about LSIs.
    I don't think you think Allie is an LSI because you don't think Allie's not an LSI because she doesn't agree with what Gilly wrote about LSIs. As a matter of fact, I don't think you think Allie's an LSI for any well grounded reason at all, assuming you do think Allie's an LSI for reasons other than her not being LSI not being dependent on her (dis)agreeing with what Gilly wrote about LSIs. Do you still use niffweed17 as your socionics handbook, you mindless annoying Brit?

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    haha I feel this way sometimes. especially when talking to other introverts. It's like okay so now that I've asked you every possible question, the conversation is done unless you can come up with something yourself. lol
    too many questions can be weird though!

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I could go on...
    look! you just did a rant about ranting and shit.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

am i the only one without a steadfast notion of just what an istj is

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    too many questions can be weird though!
    no, you're totally right. I was exaggerating. I never do the 20-questions thing, it's just awkward and unnatural.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

no, you're totally right. I was exaggerating. I never do the 20-questions thing, it's just awkward and unnatural.
    why don't you ask lots of questions

why are you online

why are you agreeing with me

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why don't you ask lots of questions

why are you online

why are you agreeing with me

IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

does anyone take you seriously?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone take you seriously?
    I dunno, see my sig.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I dunno, see my sig.
    he's a kid. no-one takes children seriously.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's a kid. no-one takes children seriously.
    does anyone take YOU seriously?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

does anyone take YOU seriously?
    if you keep smiling then people will think you're on drugs or something.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you keep smiling then people will think you're on drugs or something.
    maybe i am.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast