0 Thread(s)

I guess i'm a freak of nature.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might depend on where you are in your life, too. A content SLI would be unlikely to be tense very often. But you don't strike me as content at all, I'm afraid.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't believe in socionics anymore. This is stupid. You cannot be just one type.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Well, generally speaking, SLIs are among the least tense of all types, in the way you are describing.
    But what would you say about intensity? Can you not say that what Jessica is describing is a sense of concentrated awareness and intensity?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    But what would you say about intensity? Can you not say that what Jessica is describing is a sense of concentrated awareness and intensity?
    I think that's more an accurate description of myself. More or less hmm...overwhelmed by the senses. Just too much input from the outside world, I think. There is a level of anxiety but i don't see how that has anything to do with type at all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's the city that has you too jacked up. Moving to a more rural area helped me a lot. I was much less tense when I moved away from LA.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't live in the actual city, I could never. The most I can handle there is about an hour and then i loose it. I think i'm just more sensitive to stimuli than most and thus the "tenseness".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah.

...Do Drugs?

Heh maybe it's just a rough period in your life for whatever reason. I went through it not too long ago. I felt really really restless, like I was going nowhere (even though I might've been). But for me my senses got really dulled as shit, for you it might be the opposite.
    (I actually went through extremely sensitive senses, to very dulled in a span of 6 months)

Maybe you need to change something big.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I don't live in the actual city, I could never. The most I can handle there is about an hour and then i loose it. I think i'm just more sensitive to stimuli than most and thus the "tenseness".
    I can relate to this some. It often happens to me when I go shopping in a mall. Is it tenseness because you don't like having all that distracting stuff in your face all the time or because you feel like it's too much to process and understand internally?
    Last edited by bibliophile8; 01-15-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: forgot Jessica's quotation
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's more an accurate description of myself. More or less hmm...overwhelmed by the senses. Just too much input from the outside world, I think. There is a level of anxiety but i don't see how that has anything to do with type at all.
    The reason why I think intensity and concentrated awareness might be correlated to SLI is like...

Well, I can think of how I perceive introverted sensing, and I would imagine for an SLI, it would be about 10 times as intense, which is why I specifically used the word "intensity". Basically, what happens to me is, I'll see things, hear things, smell things in my environment and it will invoke memories about my experience with whatever it is that I'm sensing. Time appears seamless when it happens because I can see the object or hear the sound or whatever and feel exactly what I felt when I first sensed it, or when something significant happened to me.

I'll see an old letter that I kept, and I'll think about the moment that the letter was handed to me, my reaction, where I was, etc. I'll see some object and it will remind me of the placement of the object from my past and significant details about what was around it. I'll hear a song and it will take me back to some event or something I was doing at the time when I heard it.

There's this... association that happens whenever I am stimulated by things that I sense. But for me, this is not always "on", it happens as I see it. I would imagine for someone that has it "on" it's constantly bombarded with external stimuli, and is constantly "surrounded" by it.

So, what I experience has to be 10 times as intense as I experience it; I can only imagine what it would feel like to be constantly in that mode, which is what it sounds like you are describing.
    Last edited by tereg; 01-15-2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Added sentence at the end...
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile8 View Post
    I can relate to this some. It often happens to me when I go shopping in a mall. Is it tenseness because you don't like having all that distracting stuff in your face all the time or because you feel like it's too much to process and understand internally?
    I almost refuse to go into malls. I can't explain it to someone who has never felt it before, but it's entirely too much. I envy people who can tune everything out and not notice every single thing. It's as if i can hear a pin drop in a mall with hundreds of people. I can't focus on what i'm doing and I get overwhelmed. I dont know why i'm like this. I'm just extreeeemely sensitive.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trust me it's not that great to have your Ne head in the clouds all detached from reality. it's like you have to force yourself to pay attention to things that other people catch on to immediately. but Ne types don't....we kind of get a vague gestalt and go with that. lol.

soooo jess is it like you perceive reality and it starts to affect your insides right away?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    like you have to force yourself to pay attention to things that other people catch on to immediately. but Ne types don't....we kind of get a vague gestalt and go with that. lol.
    You mean like someone like me would actively need to see the parts of the picture before getting the overall sense of the entirety of the picture? Whereas the vague gestalt you're describing... it would be something like you don't have to try to get the picture because it's all already there and it's all perceived at the same time?

If I'm understanding this correctly, then yes, I would say that for me to, as you said, catch on to things that other people seem to catch, I would need to understand the parts of the picture before I see the picture.

But, I also am seeing what you are describing though (assuming I've understood your correctly) in just kind of getting the picture without needing the parts of it. (Which sounds like a bit of Ni, to me)

Edit: Ahh, it must be that it's in the actual perceiving of the picture that you're talking about, and not necessarily the understanding of it.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    You mean like someone like me would actively need to see the parts of the picture before getting the overall sense of the entirety of the picture? Whereas the vague gestalt you're describing... it would be something like you don't have to try to get the picture because it's all already there and it's all perceived at the same time?

If I'm understanding this correctly, then yes, I would say that for me to, as you said, catch on to things that other people seem to catch, I would need to understand the parts of the picture before I see the picture.

But, I also am seeing what you are describing though (assuming I've understood your correctly) in just kind of getting the picture without needing the parts of it. (Which sounds like a bit of Ni, to me)

Edit: Ahh, it must be that it's in the actual perceiving of the picture that you're talking about, and not necessarily the understanding of it.
    yes, it's the perception. you don't really perceive the details directly or something. you get a whiff of things. you get a big picture, a basic sense of what is going on. these whiffs send you in different explorative directions, which are defined more or less by your creative function either Ti or Fi.

this is why Ne can be sort of cool since it's not contrained by known facts and details, but also why it is a detriment, because you have very little to base your perceptions on when you are trying to explain them to somebody else. in my experience, Ne perceptions fall flat with most sensing types since there are not enough facts and details to back them up. which is why Ne is, in a very weird way, as one learns how people respond to it over time, an introverted function. you kind of learn to keep it to yourself until you can find enough facts and details (via your second and third functions) to substantiate your Ne perceptions.

or, conversely, you can offer your Ne perception directly, but with a disclaimer. (BTW this will still aggravate the shit out of somebody who has an Ne polr. *shrugs* what can we do? Ne is Ne....you didn't get to choose it, you were born with it.

ILE

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is why Ne can be sort of cool since it's not contrained by known facts and details, but also why it is a detriment, because you have very little to base your perceptions on when you are trying to explain them to somebody else. in my experience, Ne perceptions fall flat with most sensing types since there are not enough facts and details to back them up. which is why Ne is, in a very weird way, as one learns how people respond to it over time, an introverted function. you kind of learn to keep it to yourself until you can find enough facts and details (via your second and third functions) to substantiate your Ne perceptions.
    Bingo.

The lack of constraint of Ne will also cause me to go down wild tangents at times and it's most certainly because of the lack of substantive logic or foundation to base my perceptions, and I end up wasting a lot of energy chasing something that I didn't need to.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost refuse to go into malls. I can't explain it to someone who has never felt it before, but it's entirely too much. I envy people who can tune everything out and not notice every single thing. It's as if i can hear a pin drop in a mall with hundreds of people. I can't focus on what i'm doing and I get overwhelmed. I dont know why i'm like this. I'm just extreeeemely sensitive.
    Yes! Exactly! I have to know exactly what I'm doing and what I need or I might as well be lost at sea. I can retreat into my head though, and just sort of suppress it all, but it's still hard to focus.

IJ, then?

or, conversely, you can offer your Ne perception directly, but with a disclaimer. (BTW this will still aggravate the shit out of somebody who has an Ne polr. *shrugs* what can we do? Ne is Ne....you didn't get to choose it, you were born with it.
    The funny thing is that Ne polrs usually cannot really disprove your concept. And that irritates them even more. Just remember, they didn't choose to have Ne polr either.
    type #33

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but they still choose to be assholes about it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile8 View Post
    The funny thing is that Ne polrs usually cannot really disprove your concept. And that irritates them even more. Just remember, they didn't choose to have Ne polr either.
    true enuff. no worries, we with Ne don't mean to vibe you either, lol.

ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just view Ne as a necessary, messy, important process where the best nuggets of golden wisdom/information can come from. And yes, every one of those adjectives is great. And no, it wouldn't be Ne if it wasn't random.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    It might depend on where you are in your life, too. A content SLI would be unlikely to be tense very often. But you don't strike me as content at all, I'm afraid.
    I read this bit below and think maybe you are in this situation in life Jess? The kind of restlessness described below seems very strong in you. The language may be a bit cheesy and stereotypical, but I think the underlying observation may have some merit at least.

From socioniko.net SLI description:

4. Goals and methods. Sometimes he may be mistaken for a lazybones and a chatterbox, especially when being without his dual for long: he speaks a lot but does nothing, as if waiting for something. In such a situation he is really waiting: for a scream for help. He will not work without a goal, and is not capable of inventing goals himself. Only The Psychologist, the ardent enthusiast, has a key, which starts up the precise and flawless mechanism of The Craftsman.

Edit: No offense >_< but I remember you talked about having a baby, and I was thinking maybe this was you looking for/needing a tangible goal and "change" in your life, as you said you were looking for.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I just view Ne as a necessary, messy, important process where the best nuggets of golden wisdom/information can come from. And yes, every one of those adjectives is great. And no, it wouldn't be Ne if it wasn't random.
    I know that Ne is important and is the source of great new theories and ideas. The whole Beta quadra basically runs on the ideas generated by the Ne of ILEs and LIIs (in the grand, quadra relay race scale). Ne is undoubtedly necessary, but so is Se, along with every other function. Thats the beauty of the Socion. Its just that some people (LSIs and ESIs) can't deal with Ne that hasn't been substantiated with other information elements. And some people (LIIs and EIIs) cannot deal with unsubstantiated Se.
    type #33

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, Se is totally necessary too. without Se there'd never be enough forcefulness to accomplish difficult things.

ILE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post

Edit: No offense >_< but I remember you talked about having a baby, and I was thinking maybe this was you looking for/needing a tangible goal and "change" in your life, as you said you were looking for.
    I was half joking when i said I think I'm going to have a baby. I don't take having a child that lightly, obviously. I definetly would like to have one soon, but not at this time. I just need change, that's all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I know I just picked up that you felt you need a change and the baby thing was something you threw out there heh. I like to throw half serious stuff out now and then too, half serious with half baked lame joke yuk >_<
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was half joking when i said I think I'm going to have a baby. I don't take having a child that lightly, obviously. I definetly would like to have one soon, but not at this time. I just need change, that's all.

sounds like you need some Ne.

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should become a farmer. I grew up on a farm, and the peace and quiet almost crushed me. Sounds like just what you need.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laaame...I make a game out of walking fast (not obviously so, though) through crowds and finding little openings, weaving in and out, changing directions. I could probably do that for an hour and not get bored Although I hate it when kids do that kind of thing and they jog or RUN and make it obvious. That pisses me off. I just want to say "KID, CHILL OUT, YOU'RE GOING TO KNOCK SOMEONE OVER." Plus I feel like they're gonna blow my cover

Anyways, yeah, I'm leaning back to SLI for you, Jess. I was taken in by lust and my inherent desire to make you my semi-dual.

...and all that other stuff, too.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    I think you should become a farmer. I grew up on a farm, and the peace and quiet almost crushed me. Sounds like just what you need.
    You don't like peace and quiet?

And gilly you're nuts. I actually used to do that as a kid. The walking, not running

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm... it wasn't really the peace and quiet on its own. I think maybe the lack of mental stimulation? Lack of variety and no autonomy so I could escape... Plus I had a lot of issues with the people in general. Smack in the middle of the Bible Belt. NOT a healthy place for an ENFp. Small town gossip is frightening.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god that's fucking gross, i'm sorry.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could never survive in a small town. I'd go insane.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha - love your new sig, by the way... My fav Chuck Norris movie is one I've never seen in its entirety, but the end scene is awesome - a bunch of truckers run over a town (and the bad guys) in righteous indignation, spewing trucker lingo and demolishing everything in sight... Makes me chuckle just thinking about it. Wish I knew which one that was...

Yeah, I know, it's totally non sequiter...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chuck norris is the best non sequiter there is.

<ahem>

Chuck Norris's real name is Switchblade Killingsworth. He changed it to Chuck Norris because it sounded tougher.

and

Chuck Norris became an orphan at the age of four after eating both his parents

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, excellent.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am so done

...making type threads. I've decided I'm LSI. I'm not even joking anymore. No sarcasm. Everything fits in place, everything makes sense. SLI is so completely and entirely wrong and I take full blame for completely misunderstanding socionics and possibly screwing up other people's perceptions of what a SLI is. I'm not sure why I feel guilty for that, but I do...so, sorry. I'm not really sure why I even felt compelled to have to "declare" it or something, it just feels good. As the newest LSI, I'd like to say that if wikisocion ever get's back up, there needs to be a SERIOUS overhauling of the description. Well basically, I think the descriptions can all just remain deleted because frankly they suck...well most of them.

Sorry Gilly, for thinking you were crazy this entire time. OMG Dualz??? I guess I shall attempt to grow a moustache to make it even more complete.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha! I'm so smart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you explain some of your reasoning? It may help others who are unsure of ISTp/ISTj, and I'm curious if some people I know could be ISTjs instead of ISTps...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naaah it's fine, no reasoning is needed.

Actually come to think of it Nicole you bear a resemblance to calenwen.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.As the newest LSI, I'd like to say that if wikisocion ever get's back up, there needs to be a SERIOUS overhauling of the description. Well basically, I think the descriptions can all just remain deleted because frankly they suck...well most of them.
    OH YEAH
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI is so completely and entirely wrong and I take full blame for completely misunderstanding socionics and possibly screwing up other people's perceptions of what a SLI is. I'm not sure why I feel guilty for that, but I do...so, sorry.
    Because you're Delta.

I find your decision interesting. No need to feel guilty.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast