Thread: Why do the people here dislike me just because I try to be innovative?

Hybrid View

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    i don't dislike change and i certainly do not dislike new ideas. what i dislike is when a new idea is stated as truth without sufficient evidence and with no regard for prior ideas or even the fundamental structure of a theory which you claim to be building upon, and which you yourself have not created.

if you'd like to recreate the theory, then its no longer socionics, so give credit where it's due. if you would like to bat around half-baked ideas all day long, i would be glad to play with you and i'm sure others would go for this as well. however, you don't seem to possess the open minded attitude that would make sharing your ideas with the forum beneficial to you and the development of your ideas, let alone beneficial to anyone else.

therefore, if you are interested in being taken seriously for your ideas, i think you should start taking those who criticize/question your ideas more seriously.
    This honestly has to have been the dumbest statement I have ever heard. How have I not displayed the open-minded attitude? Openminded to what? There actually has to be a counter argument to actually be able to debate ideas.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    This honestly has to have been the dumbest statement I have ever heard. How have I not displayed the open-minded attitude? Openminded to what? There actually has to be a counter argument to actually be able to debate ideas.
    why don't you tell me. and i am assuming your entire counter argument here is "you are stupid because i have the most open mind ever. qed."

and on the issue of my making the dumbest statement you've ever heard, i am not surprised. i generally like to strive for this in order to possibly one day invoke the wrath of evil geniuses everywhere.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    There actually has to be a counter argument to actually be able to debate ideas.
    Just my opinion, and you can take it for what it is. I think that the key to having a good discussion is to ignore people who are being rude or using any kind of invective, and look hard for the posts that have constructive comments, constructive criticism, and other relevant ideas and insights...and there are quite a few if you look for them.

If someone just says "your ideas or stupid," there's no need to answer that person. Just change your focus to the posts that make objective comments, and there are plenty of those too, and it will probably improve things quite a bit.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I dont dislike you hitta, but you seriously need to put a shirt on and button it up before doing youtube =P
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    i don't dislike change and i certainly do not dislike new ideas. what i dislike is when a new idea is stated as truth without sufficient evidence and with no regard for prior ideas or even the fundamental structure of a theory which you claim to be building upon, and which you yourself have not created.

if you'd like to recreate the theory, then its no longer socionics, so give credit where it's due. if you would like to bat around half-baked ideas all day long, i would be glad to play with you and i'm sure others would go for this as well. however, you don't seem to possess the open minded attitude that would make sharing your ideas with the forum beneficial to you and the development of your ideas, let alone beneficial to anyone else.

therefore, if you are interested in being taken seriously for your ideas, i think you should start taking those who criticize/question your ideas more seriously.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    your defensive attitude helps nothing. it seems whenever someone halfway accuses you of something, or offers some objective criticism, you start talking about how you never did what they said you did, or how you never claimed an idea as true, but rather, simply proposed it.