Thread: Why do the people here dislike me just because I try to be innovative?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I'm an old, conservative redneck fart, of course, and I want to shoot you anarchist idiot trying to enter my property!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    6.) Claiming to have come up with an original or innovative idea when all he's done is misunderstand one of someone else's theories and then build type/quadra descriptions around that misunderstanding (if you want to see an innovative idea, look at tcaudilllg's theory)
    I disagree with that. Certainty that something is happening, and offering that to others, is just as important to society as certainty that something is there.

Also Hitta has not revealed to us the true extent of his thinking processes, of that much I am sure. But with so much distrust of him, and I would argue, misunderstanding of his motives, he isn't about to open up to us on that count.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I disagree with that. Certainty that something is happening, and offering that to others, is just as important to society as certainty that something is there.
    I don't understand how this is related to what I said?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I don't understand how this is related to what I said?
    You were exhalting my offering over his. I was pointing out that both mine and Hitta's offerings have value. (equal value, I suspect.)

Hitta is an adaptist: his specialty is creating novel applications of phenomena he is aware of. Committing to its application as a worthy use of one's energy is an important sign of the relevance of a given phenomena. Even if he isn't found to be totally right, or even partially misunderstanding of the phenomena himself, someone must make that first step.

Creepy-pokeball

I dont dislike you hitta, but you seriously need to put a shirt on and button it up before doing youtube =P

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    I know how you feel though Hitta, when I first came here I was very friendly and joked around most of the time but I became more impersonal over time. Mostly because a lot of people here are highly irritable and some just downright cruel. It's honestly no fun here most of the time, and I'm sorry if I'm not saying this very well and I hope I don't get anybody super angry at me for saying that. It's just how I feel.
    It's true. The atmosphere here is hypercritical and argumentative. There are a lot of intellectually aggressive people here, if that makes any sense. We complain and bitch way too much, and we often don't treat people very well. There's far less encouragement and acceptance (or even tolerance) of others on this forum than would be ideal.

I'm reminded of that teacher that did the experiment where she divided the class into blue eyes and brown eyes. I think I'll start a thread.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't dislike change and i certainly do not dislike new ideas. what i dislike is when a new idea is stated as truth without sufficient evidence and with no regard for prior ideas or even the fundamental structure of a theory which you claim to be building upon, and which you yourself have not created.

if you'd like to recreate the theory, then its no longer socionics, so give credit where it's due. if you would like to bat around half-baked ideas all day long, i would be glad to play with you and i'm sure others would go for this as well. however, you don't seem to possess the open minded attitude that would make sharing your ideas with the forum beneficial to you and the development of your ideas, let alone beneficial to anyone else.

therefore, if you are interested in being taken seriously for your ideas, i think you should start taking those who criticize/question your ideas more seriously.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee