Thread: when people ask you to use your ds function

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default when people ask you to use your ds function

When people ask you to use your dual-seeking function, it's annoying. It's like, I like using Se but I don't like being assisted or told how to use it. I like it in other people more than myself, obviously, but still... I can definitely use Se, however a lot of times people will like, command me to use Se as if it were my ego function. That's annoying.

It's like, it's not that I'm not confident. It's like even if I'm very confident it feels like a 'bug' is flying in my face, so annoying. That's what it feels like when people want me to use my ds as if it was my ego.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My dual seeking is . I dislike it when I feel like there's pressure to show more emotional expression than I'm comfortable with. Or when people constantly ask me how I'm feeling.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm much more pertubed by people making demands of my Id, because this can cause me to project my shadow.

When people ask me to use my super-id, typically I'm happy to help as long as I don't have to take responsibility for it, and I never do anyways. When I'm asked to use my Id, I feel both a sense of responsbility and a sense of impending doom as any mistake I make is punished by my abusive super-ego.

But the other side of this equation is that I feel much more pleasant using my Id to help my activator or my dual, they don't really hurt me for making mistakes and take mutual responsibility with me as their super-ego is my Id. They also keep me from projecting my shadow as their super-ego a reflection of my shadow, so the projection is already naturally there.

Super-id demands I typically make, "Are you sure you want me to do that for you? I kinda of suck at it."

Id demands are responded with, "Are you that much of a idiot that I have to do this for you?"

This is actually something really bad with super-ego relationships... because the shadow demands pretty much kill any happiness.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The internet was built for mouthing off. I think you're taking my complaining a bit too seriously, as reflective of how I normally am or something?

Or when people constantly ask me how I'm feeling.
    I don't mind that. But you should try to visibly show your emotions too sometimes. It just makes you appear more 'human' and 'approachable.' I realize it might seem fake to you but that's not really the point. I understand where you're coming from but the other side is, people can only read what they see. You will be misunderstood in life if you don't learn how to objectively show you're feeling.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I don't mind that. But you should try to visibly show your emotions too sometimes. It just makes you appear more 'human' and 'approachable.' I realize it might seem fake to you but that's not really the point. I understand where you're coming from but the other side is, people can only read what they see. You will be misunderstood in life if you don't learn how to objectively show you're feeling.
    1. Complain about having a problem
    2. Someone mentions having a similar problem
    3. Proceed to give advice to this person as if you were an expert on solving said problem.

You've got this process down, don't you?
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    You've got this process down, don't you?
    Steve II: Son of Steve

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people ask me to use my dual-seeking function, I stand a bit confused at first, then slowly a type of surprise and happiness begins to grow, and, with a wide-eyed look on my face, I say, "You know about Socionics?!"
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    When people ask me to use my dual-seeking function, I stand a bit confused at first, then slowly a type of surprise and happiness begins to grow, and, with a wide-eyed look on my face, I say, "You know about Socionics?!"
    Win.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krae View Post
    Stuff in your head.

idk if it's 'planned', even if it is, as long as there is useful insight, whats the problem with ignoring perceived stuff that even if real doesn't do harm to anyone, except to like, people who have other more severe problems to fix themselves at first place.

I can make that comment about some other people too, and how they are perceived here.
    allow me to direct you (and B&D) here:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ited-help.html

(and you did comment about the stuff in my head, so yes I agree you can comment about other people)
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    LOL