View Poll Results: is there a bias that NT=intelligence?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • i'm SF and yes

5 11.36%
  • i'm SF and no

2 4.55%
  • i'm not SF and yes

23 52.27%
  • i'm not SF and no

8 18.18%
  • other

6 13.64%

Thread: question on intelligence

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default question on intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    there's a BLATANT bias here that NT=intelligence. ask any SF person here. you're on the other side of it all so you may not be as aware of it... but yeah.
    edit: i don't have a damn clue whether this thing is public or not or what that even does. forget it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me further explain myself- thank you niffy for making this a new thread, i truly appreciate it.

i sometimes wonder how others react to me and my posts if they would react to me the same way if i were not a SEE. not only that, but you can even see this NT intelligence bias in the high number of people claiming to be NT types, or really even N types or T types on this forum. Yes, these people are the ones who would be the most attracted to and interested in socionics, but i find it hard to believe that 100% of these people are accurately typed (especially all the ILIs). Thus showing that some of these people may want to be a certain type or want people here to perceive them as a certain way. Furthermore, I've had SEVERAL experiences on this site (i guess this is to be expected with all the T people around) with T people saying hurtful, disrespectful, unneccessary, and unjustified things towards me and others with a complete disregard for how others may feel. As far as I am concerned, this is ridiculous. IMO, this forum is for people at all stages of understanding socionics to discuss their observations, insights, experiences, whatever. As a feeling type, I can definitely see other feelers not participating as much in the forum because of people's rudeness. IMO, that is a damn shame and the people who participate in such cruelty on this site should be ashamed of themselves. I'm definitely not the only S, F, or SF type to have experienced this bias on this forum and I'm interested to hear what others have to say.

I will continue to fight this injustice against all the S, F, and SF people out there until we have equal rights!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me further explain myself- thank you niffy for making this a new thread, i truly appreciate it.

i sometimes wonder how others react to me and my posts if they would react to me the same way if i were not a SEE. not only that, but you can even see this NT intelligence bias in the high number of people claiming to be NT types, or really even N types or T types on this forum. Yes, these people are the ones who would be the most attracted to and interested in socionics, but i find it hard to believe that 100% of these people are accurately typed (especially all the ILIs). Thus showing that some of these people may want to be a certain type or want people here to perceive them as a certain way. Furthermore, I've had SEVERAL experiences on this site (i guess this is to be expected with all the T people around) with T people saying hurtful, disrespectful, unneccessary, and unjustified things towards me and others with a complete disregard for how others may feel. As far as I am concerned, this is ridiculous. IMO, this forum is for people at all stages of understanding socionics to discuss their observations, insights, experiences, whatever. As a feeling type, I can definitely see other feelers not participating as much in the forum because of people's rudeness. IMO, that is a damn shame and the people who participate in such cruelty on this site should be ashamed of themselves. I'm definitely not the only S, F, or SF type to have experienced this bias on this forum and I'm interested to hear what others have to say.

I will continue to fight this injustice against all the S, F, and SF people out there until we have equal rights!
    You will be treated like an intelligent person when you give others reason to believe that you are one. discojoe, Diana, and bionicgoat are all SF, and all are treated as intelligent people. SlackerMom, Mea, Kristiina, anndelise, Baby....I could go on with the list of NFs who are treated just like the NTs, STs, and SFs.

Snake eyes! Roll again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really think it's funny that you keep on responding to things i've written when your ignored. ahhhh ignorance is bliss. but yes, you should be ashamed of yourself for perpetuating some of the things i mentioned above. ah wait, but you won't will you with that whole Fi PoLR thing, right? thanks for proving my point.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there isn't a bias towards NT and intelligence; it's a fact that NT's consistently score higher. Just look at all the historical geniuses - 99% of them are NT. That being said, there are many different types of intelligence, and us NT's lack very much in the emotional aspects and interpersonal relations, more so the I's. liveandletlive, you seem to be attached to this subject, as I've noticed it in multiple posts of yours, whether directly or subtlely. On a side note, after reading one of your posts the other day, I thought 'this is the smartest ESFp I've encountered'.

Don't complain about people who perpetuate a conception of superiority; just understand your strengths and weaknesses. changing people is impossible.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    there isn't a bias towards NT and intelligence; it's a fact that NT's consistently score higher. Just look at all the historical geniuses - 99% of them are NT.

this wonderful bit of completely unsourced and ridiculous speculation earns you a long sought-after spot on my ignore list.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NT=intelligence, but really, some people take that for superiority, just because NT types are supposed to be the smartest temperament.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    there isn't a bias towards NT and intelligence; it's a fact that NT's consistently score higher. Just look at all the historical geniuses - 99% of them are NT. That being said, there are many different types of intelligence, and us NT's lack very much in the emotional aspects and interpersonal relations, more so the I's. liveandletlive, you seem to be attached to this subject, as I've noticed it in multiple posts of yours, whether directly or subtlely. On a side note, after reading one of your posts the other day, I thought 'this is the smartest ESFp I've encountered'.

Don't complain about people who perpetuate a conception of superiority; just understand your strengths and weaknesses. changing people is impossible.

thank you, that meant a lot to me truthfully and respectfully.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an SF and would consider myself Intelligent.
    Intelligent when it comes to socionics... No, and I'm ok with that.
    Do I really care if anyone here finds me intelligent or not, not really.
    I just ate a lunchable.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bleh
    Last edited by Gilly; 12-24-2007 at 09:24 PM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a bit of a silly question, realy. Asking if there "is" a bias is pointless, because obviously SOME people have biases, no matter what we do. There are also plenty of people who don't. It's just not this black and white.
    Last edited by Gilly; 12-24-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTs just appear more intelligent because they focus on things that are typically viewed as the realm of "intelligent" people(abstract + logical ideas, which is why Ns are typically viewed as more intelligent than S types, and ST types as more intelligent than SFs on this forum, because that's what Socionics is mainly concerned with.) This focus causes an illusion that NTs are more intelligent that not only they believe, but others propogate as well. However, focus on an area of thought =/= a necessary superiority in it, and also causes their other intelligences to be diminished. That's the reason's there's types...the intelligences are in different areas in a room and everyone is shining their intellectual flash-light in different places, and this is what causes them to seem "brighter" than others in that area. But you can choose to shine your light in that area of the room...even though it makes you feel uncomfortable or bored or whatever(what you value ie type), and can still be capable of producing the amazing results that other people who are always shining it that area are capable of producing.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    You will be treated like an intelligent person when you give others reason to believe that you are one. discojoe, Diana, and bionicgoat are all SF, and all are treated as intelligent people. SlackerMom, Mea, Kristiina, anndelise, Baby....I could go on with the list of NFs who are treated just like the NTs, STs, and SFs.

Snake eyes! Roll again.
    + (e^29)/(4.405937 * 10^11)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not only that, but you can even see this NT intelligence bias in the high number of people claiming to be NT types, or really even N types or T types on this forum. Yes, these people are the ones who would be the most attracted to and interested in socionics, but i find it hard to believe that 100% of these people are accurately typed (especially all the ILIs).
    and they aren't. but not necessarily because they're stupid.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, that is a damn shame and the people who participate in such cruelty on this site should be ashamed of themselves. I'm definitely not the only S, F, or SF type to have experienced this bias on this forum and I'm interested to hear what others have to say.
    Totally true.

BTW I would think lead intuitives are better at IQ tests. This however doesn't implies that they are better at observing / studying / teaching etc, which are all different competences needed for dealing with concepts like for example socionics. I guess the bias has started because NT types focus a lot on intelligence. So there would probably also be a bias in SF types for having better social skills. Which isn't always true either. etc etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you or do you not believe that SFs are less intelligent?...

SEI- They need to get a brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    Pop psychology isn't rocket science.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that it is big difference in socionic types IQ... Major part of people have average inteligence, even if they are NTs.
    Last edited by malkavian; 10-28-2008 at 06:01 PM.