Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Apart from whether the passage suggests hardship and difficulty, why would mentioning something about hardship and difficulty mean one was expressing
"-"...i.e., blocked with ?

Are you saying that that comes with some sort of suggestion of struggle and drama is necessarily Alpha ?
And in comparison, the comes with the suggestion of a comfortable, relaxing, soothing, home-like atmosphere is Beta ? ...because it's "+"?
Tcaud brought up something in another thread that made me think about a question I've had for awhile. He suggested that Fe that expresses hardship, difficulty, struggle, etc., is characteristic of Alpha Fe ("-Fe"), and that, furthermore, it may suggest non-valued Se (for example, 7th function Se). In a much earlier thread , Rick had suggested that Fe that comes with a feeling of a sense of struggle is probably Fe mixed with Se (i.e., Beta-Fe, or indicative of possible EIE)

Earlier, I had agreed with the view that SEIs may sometimes play that "life is hard" role, portraying everything as a struggle, a battle against fate. Later, I accepted Rick's logic that emphasis on struggle, battle, etc., more likely Se in one's quadra values. But now I can see it both ways.

Would an expression of how hard life is and how hard we must struggle be a characteristic role of SEI? Or more characterstic of ESI, EII, EIE, ILI, or other types?