Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EIEs/ENFjs emphasizing presentation and style over appearance?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the designer for Balenciaga might be ENTp.. not sure but i love everything he does.

in this one I think he looks like a few other types, even ISFj... gah

his designs often have an architectural exaggerated style to them, and seem to have a space-age theme a lot. Not practical, anyway.
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 12-28-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    I read somewhere that ESFjs don't mind if you're ugly as long as you present yourself nicely. Is this the same with ENFjs?
    Lot of individual differences there (which tend to change when you get more age and experience).

Anyways, as it as been pointed out ENFjs are (on the surface) the most shallow people you'll ever meet. So they will make a big deal out of you looking good. They seemingly dislike and disrespect ugly people. However, everything ENFj does has to be looked through the mirror of their nature. This means they make a lot of noise but you shouldn't take it that seriously. They really don't know what they want. They just adopt standards of thinking from their environment. If the environment disrespects ugly people so will the ENFj.

However an ugly person with iron self confidence can easily convert the ENFj to like them. The person just have to push through the ENFj defenses. Not be scared of all the mocking and disrespect. ENFj doesn't really disrespect you, they are just subconsciously testing your willpower and consistency. What they really disrespect is the lack of willpower not lack of good looks. An ugly person who doesn't bend one inch under the pressure from the environment can be surprisingly appealing to an ENFj. "How can he be so ugly and still have that kind of self confidence...amazing...". Of course the uglier you are the more you have to prove yourself.

With ESFjs it is a bit different as they value aesthetics more than ENFjs. So technically the word "ugly" scares them. But I think you are right about the fact that when ENFjs pay much attention to Se things like chin and muscle size and ass shape, ESFjs pays a lot of attention to how you dress and wear your hair and generally how you "decorate" yourself. They do not like people who don't care about decorating themselves (e.g ENTjs and INTps). They also don't much like body builders or forcefully sexual looks or anything pointing to Se>Si.

Now of course INTjs are not naturally good at decorating themselves but this is not a problem. ESFj is not looking for such an independent person as ENFj is. ESFj is looking for an infantile to take care of. So the ESFj is more than willing to offer their help in decorating you. They will see that you lack Si and try to mold you into what they see as aesthetic by "helping" you with choosing clothes and hair styles and make-up and jewelry. As long as you play along they like you. INTj should technically be willing to play along because of the Si hidden agenda. In the end your decorations are pretty much dictated by the ESFj. Then they will love how you look because you are their work of art. They have created your style and thus just love it. Only thing you have to do is play along and not stubbornly resist their Si like an INTp or ENTj would.

One more thing which might or might not be type related is that ESFjs can fall in love with some parts of your body which are particularly aesthetic. For example ears, teeth, fingers, eye brows, lips, knees, ... So a person who is, by magazine standards, ugly can be very aesthetically appealing to the ESFj because of this certain naturally aesthetic feature of their body.

Creepy-pokeball

Woody, no offense, but that sounds like trash. I'm usually the one that spots out superficial people, as does my INFp best friend.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i thought that post was sort of awesome? at least inasmuch as the INTj gives the ESFj something to "work with" and take care of. i also agree that ESFjs would be more accepting of physical flaws, but i think they'd want you to change it somehow, too. like, "why don't you do something about your acne?" or whatever. and then get pissed if you continually ignore their advice on the matter.

not sure about the last bit about liking typically non-aesthetic features being specifically ESFj-related. i've been known to like some pretty odd-looking guys in my time, find some things like crooked teeth/big noses/etc attractive. maybe i do have a Si preference hah. i do tend to think that Si people are more likely to have sort of aberrant tastes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Woody, no offense, but that sounds like trash. I'm usually the one that spots out superficial people, as does my INFp best friend.
    Lol. For some reason I got this kind of image in my head

But hey, you get stuck on the details!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel inspired to ramble a little bit about what i like about istjs ...

they can be foxy...real foxy. i'm a heterosexual woman with only minor bi tendancies. sometimes i'm a little bit attracted to female istjs but its mostly friendly. an istj is soothing, they steady you, they make you laugh, they pull you in close to them kind of into their orbit...i like when they talk about crime or politics or history. they remeber minute details of your experiences which makes the experiences feel more valid and me feel more validated or appropriately paid attention to. they're good. they're lusty and passionate and emotional and dark and adorable. they're everything all in one. i think sjs are dominant out of the sensors. i like their paternal and childlike qualities. i'm awed by their attention to detail and drawn into their artistic interests and unique si experience of life.

i like it when they have the slightly ghosty overworked guaridan meloncholic look to them. i like it when they have short hair. i like it when they sort of seem like they're out of another era. right now i feel like i can't get enough of that energy and kerisey asserts that nfs tend to feel that way about nts and i did feel that way for a while, but there's just an amazing sense of completion that comes from interacting with duals.

and p.s. looks absolutely matter and its a matter of pride...guardians are socializers and idealists maybe need sjs or people who pair with sjs need them to sort of keep a standard. i do admire that quality, anyway, in order to feel grounded. its important that they be well kept. its a consistancy issue and its attractive.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    i think the designer for Balenciaga might be ENTp.. not sure but i love everything he does.

in this one I think he looks like a few other types, even ISFj... gah

his designs often have an architectural exaggerated style to them, and seem to have a space-age theme a lot. Not practical, anyway.

i looked up his work after you posted mrs. kensington thank you for sharing.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12