Thread: Work in progress: Famous people Type List (Asian Edition)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mizuo Peck - Si-ISTp

Devon Aoki - Se-ISFj

Steve Aoki - INFp

China Chow - Fe-ISFp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elvina Kong: ESFj

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Song Hye Kyo: Si-ISFp

English translation:

Hello, how are you? This is Song Hye Gyo. It has been a while since I last sent my greetings. Since "My Girl and I," I've been resting and filming CF [advertisments]. Today I filmed a CF for Innisfree Skin care products and just finished right now. I know that everyone is waiting for my new project...as soon as I choose one, I will let everyone know. It is now Spring...everyone will do a lot of traveling, please be careful to not catch a cold and always stay healthy. I wish you a warm Spring and same for me too [laughs] Stay healthy and next time I'll send another greeting. Thank you.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chungking Express: Alpha Quadra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eunice: pls do a typing on the characters! its one of my favourite films!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skulast View Post
    eunice: pls do a typing on the characters! its one of my favourite films!
    I'm not very certain as there isn't much analysis on the characters. On a side note, I noticed that the actors seem to be portraying themselves as they were, rather than creating a character which is different from their actual persona.

Based on the limited exposure of the characters, here is my opinion on some of them:

Cop 633 (Tony Leung Chiu Wai): Ne-INTj
    Faye (Faye Wong): Si-ISFp
    He Qiwu, Cop 223 (Takeshi Kaneshiro): Ti-ENTp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wong Kar Wai, Director of "Chungking Express" and "My Blueberry Nights" and "2046": Ne-INTj

Quotes:

"I'm fascinated by video," Wong admits. "The way it blurs and flattens real life, the way it never looks like you thought it would when you play it back. And so my films, which always deal with memory, start taking on the quality of video - a form of physicalized memory that can be experienced again and again, or recorded over, or screened until it literally falls apart, until it pixilates right in front of you." - From Eye Weekly, Jan. 25, 1996

"Usually I find that genre conventions get in the way of dealing with certain areas of character psychology, but one of my inspirations for 'Ashes [of Time]' was 'The Searchers' - a film which suggests how you can get inside an apparently opaque protagonist. In Ford's film, I've always been extremely touched by the relationship between the John Wayne character and his sister-in-law, which you see only in the way she passes him a cloth. It must amount to about three seconds of screen time but the hint is enough." - Wong Kar-wai quoted in Sight and Sound, September 1995

"Before I start to film a movie, I take a lot of drugs, the time for my interpretations and me to find a single rhythm. Of course, I'm very careful with the number of dosages." - from Positif, No 410, April 1995

"For me, shooting an action scene is no different from shooting a love scene. What really matters is what happens before the penetration and not after." - Wong Kar Wai quoted in Interview magazine, November 2008

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    I'm not very certain as there isn't much analysis on the characters. On a side note, I noticed that the actors seem to be portraying themselves as they were, rather than creating a character which is different from their actual persona.

Based on the limited exposure of the characters, here is my opinion on some of them:

Cop 633 (Tony Leung Chiu Wai): Ne-INTj
    Faye (Faye Wong): Si-ISFp
    He Qiwu, Cop 223 (Takeshi Kaneshiro): Ti-ENTp
    The actors basically play themselves in WKW movies.

WKW is more ENTp then INTj tho.