Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Work in progress: Famous people Type List (Asian Edition)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    Where are the female Asian SEE's there are only guys here.
    There aren't many forum members who contribute to this thread, therefore the contributions here are very limited.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwon BoA - Fi-ENFp

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just gonna break out a bunch of names on my list

Shigeru Miyamoto (President of Nintendo) - Si-ISFp

Yayoi Kusama (Artist) - Se-ESTp

Natsume Soseki (Novelist) - ?Te?-INTp

Yukio Mishima (Novelist) - Ni-ENTj

Ichiro Suzuki - ?Fi?-ISFj

George Takei - ESTj?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Takeshi is ESTp I think.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Alpha Ne ego type?

Banana Yoshimoto - maybe INFj

Osamu Dazai - ENFj?

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B
    He is so cute in Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl . . . I have always imagined him as my dual, but this may be projection.
    If I were to guess his type, I'd say IEI was not unlikely. I don't see him as an ST, or even an SF. I see IJ or IP.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Hmm.. What about Louis Koo?

ISFp??
    Most likely. Introvert>Extravert.

Mike He

ESFp? ESTp?
    He seems more Fe-seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Christy B
    He is so cute in Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl . . . I have always imagined him as my dual, but this may be projection.
    If I were to guess his type, I'd say IEI was not unlikely. I don't see him as an ST, or even an SF. I see IJ or IP.
    I watched only one movie of his, but he always struck me as a Beta NF.

Takeshi Kitano is most likely an ISTj, with ISFj as a close possibility. His type of humor seems more Beta/Gamma oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    In the 1970s he formed a comic duo with his friend Kiyoshi Kaneko. They took on the stage names Beat Takeshi and Beat Kiyoshi; together referring to themselves as Two Beat (sometimes romanized as The Two Beats). This sort of duo stand-up comedy, known as manzai in Japan, usually features a great deal of high-speed back-and-forth banter between the two performers. In 1976, they performed on television for the first time and became an instant success, propelling their act onto the national stage. The reason for their popularity had much to do with Kitano's material, which was much more risqué than traditional manzai. The targets of his jokes were often the socially vulnerable, including the elderly, the handicapped, the poor, children, women, the ugly and the stupid. Complaints to the broadcaster led to censorship of some of Kitano's jokes and the editing of offensive dialogue. Kitano confirmed in a video interview that he was forbidden to access the NHK studios for five years for having exposed his body during a show when it was totally forbidden.[1] Although Two Beat was one of the most successful acts of its kind during the late '70s and '80s, Kitano decided to go solo and the duo was dissolved. Some autobiographical elements relating to his manzai career can be found in his film Kids Return (1996).

Many of Kitano's routines involved him portraying a gangster or other harsh character, and his first major film role, Nagisa Oshima's Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (where he starred opposite Tom Conti, Ryuichi Sakamoto and David Bowie) featured him cast as a sadistic POW camp sergeant during World War II.
    Supporting the ISTj hypothesis
    Kitano owns his own film company, Office Kitano, which launched Tokyo Filmex in 2000. Kitano's films are typically dramas about Yakuza gangsters or the police referred to by critics as being highly deadpan to the point of near-stasis. He often uses long takes where nothing appears to be happening, or with edits that cut immediately to the aftermath of an event. Many of his films express a bleak or nihilistic philosophy, but they are also filled with a great deal of humor and remarkable affection for their characters. Kitano's films paradoxically seem to leave controversial impressions. While formally disguised as dark comedies or gangster movies, his films raise moral questions and provide food for thought.

During interviews, Kitano is careful to hide his enigmatic personality behind the mask of being a comedian and regular guy. He hosts a weekly television program called Beat Takeshi's TV Tackle (ビートたけしのTVタックル), a kind of panel discussion among entertainers and politicians regarding controversial current events. But Kitano's primary role is to provide comic relief and he rarely shares his true feelings regarding controversial social issues. Although he interviewed Shoko Asahara, founder of the controversial Japanese religious movement Aum Shinrikyo, on at least two occasions,[citation needed] his attitude towards religion is unknown.[citation needed]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, by the way, I have added some new people and videos in my first post of this thread. The videos are very informative imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice thread, eunice

*swoons over Kimura*

Takeshi Kaneshiro could be Fe-INFp.
    Tony Leung could be Ti-ENTp (strong resemblance to Steve)

Takeda Shinji, ESTp. Likely Ti subtype:

Here he is in a drama:
    [flash width=400 height=300:2b07afc658]http://www.tudou.com/v/zkp6ScXHszQ[/flash:2b07afc658]

Jolin Tsai could also be ESTp.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Nice thread, eunice
    Thanks!

Jolin Tsai could also be ESTp.
    I have actually considered Si-ISFp.

An interview with her and Jay Chou (ISTp) (not in English)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADOCbIUdSL4[/youtube]

As for the possibility of Tony Leung been a Ti-ENTp, I will look into that. I always feel that there is a strong similarity between him and Stephen Chow.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool.

I'm looking into that, glamourama. At the meantime, if you have any type opinion of anyone, feel free to share.
    Last edited by glam; 04-06-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

i like watching korean dramas, im currently watching "Country princess" here --> http://www.crunchyroll.com/showseries?id=1866 Its kinda old though

how about

jang dong gun

jeon ji hyun?

I've also made a thread before about kang dong won here --> http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14424
    they said that his VI is entj?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks ESTp IMO.
    Last edited by glam; 04-06-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, I'm surprised how different they all look. I always tend to assume that asian people mostly look the same. I actually VIed Takeshi Kitano as ISTj before eunice alse mentioned ISTj/ISFj. And lee hyolee looked ESFp to me, but I might as well be ESTp because I hadn't even heard of her before I saw the pictures.

Song Hye Kyo looks xNFp. More INFp.

Kamenashi Kazuya looks ISTp.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks ESTp IMO.
    I happily concur
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks ESTp IMO.
    Looks hot IMO.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the top left picture annoys me. It's like she wants to be a westerner. Eastern people should remain in kimonos and with those big golden ring things round their necks. That's where they belong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2

I know that name. What does he do?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Takeshi Kitano is most likely an ISTj, with ISFj as a close possibility. His type of humor seems more Beta/Gamma oriented.

In the 1970s he formed a comic duo with his friend Kiyoshi Kaneko. They took on the stage names Beat Takeshi and Beat Kiyoshi; together referring to themselves as Two Beat (sometimes romanized as The Two Beats). This sort of duo stand-up comedy, known as manzai in Japan, usually features a great deal of high-speed back-and-forth banter between the two performers. In 1976, they performed on television for the first time and became an instant success, propelling their act onto the national stage. The reason for their popularity had much to do with Kitano's material, which was much more risqué than traditional manzai. The targets of his jokes were often the socially vulnerable, including the elderly, the handicapped, the poor, children, women, the ugly and the stupid. Complaints to the broadcaster led to censorship of some of Kitano's jokes and the editing of offensive dialogue. Kitano confirmed in a video interview that he was forbidden to access the NHK studios for five years for having exposed his body during a show when it was totally forbidden.[1] Although Two Beat was one of the most successful acts of its kind during the late '70s and '80s, Kitano decided to go solo and the duo was dissolved. Some autobiographical elements relating to his manzai career can be found in his film Kids Return (1996).

Many of Kitano's routines involved him portraying a gangster or other harsh character, and his first major film role, Nagisa Oshima's Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (where he starred opposite Tom Conti, Ryuichi Sakamoto and David Bowie) featured him cast as a sadistic POW camp sergeant during World War II.
    Supporting the ISTj hypothesis
    Kitano owns his own film company, Office Kitano, which launched Tokyo Filmex in 2000. Kitano's films are typically dramas about Yakuza gangsters or the police referred to by critics as being highly deadpan to the point of near-stasis. He often uses long takes where nothing appears to be happening, or with edits that cut immediately to the aftermath of an event. Many of his films express a bleak or nihilistic philosophy, but they are also filled with a great deal of humor and remarkable affection for their characters. Kitano's films paradoxically seem to leave controversial impressions. While formally disguised as dark comedies or gangster movies, his films raise moral questions and provide food for thought.

During interviews, Kitano is careful to hide his enigmatic personality behind the mask of being a comedian and regular guy. He hosts a weekly television program called Beat Takeshi's TV Tackle (ビートたけしのTVタックル), a kind of panel discussion among entertainers and politicians regarding controversial current events. But Kitano's primary role is to provide comic relief and he rarely shares his true feelings regarding controversial social issues. Although he interviewed Shoko Asahara, founder of the controversial Japanese religious movement Aum Shinrikyo, on at least two occasions,[citation needed] his attitude towards religion is unknown.[citation needed]
    I like your style, eunice. I agree with you as well. Of course, LSI makes perfect sense. I love his style of humour.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yen-j: Fi-INFj

Interview in English:

Songs written/composed/sang by him. His songs are filled with + :

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nooneswatching View Post
    Oh yeah this guy, I've been wondering about him for a long time. All I could come up with was Alpha something.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ai Otsuka: Fe-ISFp

YUI: Fi-INFj

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the top left picture annoys me. It's like she wants to be a westerner. Eastern people should remain in kimonos and with those big golden ring things round their necks. That's where they belong.
    Like WTF? lol
    Tell that to your western ancestors that brought their culture over.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2
    I know that name. What does he do?
    He's a musician/composer. He's been known to release albums with entirely different themes or influences, as well as working with an eccletic set of other artists in his work. You might also recognize the name from his producing musical scores on movies and such. Mr. Sakamoto's released like over 1000 songs or so.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama
    lee hyolee / 이효리 (singer & actress)
    Looks ESTp IMO.
    Yes. Most likely Se-ESTp.

Song Hye Gyo: Fe-ISFp

Lee Byung Hun: Te-ESTj

Lee Byung Hun in Takeshi Kitano's variety show (not in English) - demonstrating weak Fe and awkwardness in a Beta interaction
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKJj3Mpk1o[/youtube]

As for the other artises, I'm not very familiar with them at the moment.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rain, Korean singer and actor: ENFp

CNN interview - demonstrated Delta values
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwHvs86gFLA[/youtube]

Lee Young Ae, Korean actress: INFj

Interview: Fi and Si atmosphere
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd1jVwvciVU[/youtube]

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post

Lee Young Ae, Korean actress: INFj

Interview: Fi and Si atmosphere
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd1jVwvciVU[/youtube]
    I just recently finished watching "Jewel in the Palace" with her starring. I concur with delta NF. My guess was IEE from her character in the drama anyway...but EII could well fit as well.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    I just recently finished watching "Jewel in the Palace" with her starring. I concur with delta NF. My guess was IEE from her character in the drama anyway...but EII could well fit as well.
    Rewatching this drama right now... i am still ok with IEE for Jang Geum. Ne-dom. Could be ILE also, I guess --she keeps getting into all kinds of trouble, can't hold her tongue when she needs to... She's very compassionate, but i dont think that goes against ILE. (maybe i'm wrong about that idk)

Her classmate Shin Bi caught my attention though (both times i watched it) as I resonated a lot with her study/learning "demeanor" and attitude -- same fears, same lack of confidence, same painstaking slow-ness. (especially when i was just starting out -- same thing, writing down everything, asking all sorts of questions, not assuming anything) (43:16 to 49:26 in the video)

The prof i think is some sort of Alpha NT. (attitude is not aristocratic)

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/19/3...in_the_Palace/
    Last edited by Suz; 02-01-2015 at 01:41 AM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like WTF? lol
    Chill, I'm kidding. Except for the westerner bit.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You slut! Why do you discriminate against beta.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I was noticing they all have very special shaped eyes for Japanese people. And then I realized they're Korean. But a different person of the same nationality and the same type are all exactly the same! Like Lee Young Ae - I could have sworn her pictures already were posted!
    Last edited by glam; 04-06-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Rain, Korean singer and actor: ENFp

He looks VERY similar to Artjom from the meeting! Artjom was saying he was ENFp, but I said he's more likely ENTp, because all the ENFps that I knew looked very different. But now I believe Artjom could really be ENFp! (and he was saying I'm ISFp, so we called it even ).
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like WTF? lol
    Chill, I'm kidding. Except for the westerner bit.
    Eh. I wasn't mad. Just stating a fact.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Michelle Reis
    Hmm... Possibly ENFp.

Cecilia Cheung

Probably the best young actress in the last 10 years. Retired, but not forgotten.
    She reminds me of Maggie Cheung. Not sure about type. But she has the stability about her.
    Maggie Cheung

Miss Hong Kong Runner-up
    Alpha SF I think.

Chow Yun Fat

A Better Tommorrow compatriot with above.
    He feels Delta. I'm not sure.
    Ling Ching Hsia

My former avatar, with Gor Gor all fuzzy in the background.
    Wow. I haven't seen her in ages. Seems logical

Wong Faye

She did FFVIII soundtrack song, does a lot of work everywhere. Ubiquitous on the music scene and has been well received as a actress.
    INTp IMO. Or Gamma. ISFj?
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    They all look the same.
    lol not to me though!

i could see the typings as correct, but i thought Ang Lee was INFp?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jiro Wang (*swoon* celebrity crush lol): Ti-ENTp

(<-Notice the stark resemblance with Rain, an ENFp)

Interest: To serve everyone
    Other knowledge: Art designing, modelling. Jiro thinks that he may look cool on the outside, but inside, he’s totally a funny and warm person.
    Reporter: In future, the girlfriend you choose must also be the kind your mother likes, right?

Jiro: Of course. She has to be filial, gentle, and most importantly, my mum has to like her. I like girls who are traditional, respectable and family-oriented. Anyway, when my dad was alive, he would help my mum to wash the vegetables and bowls after work, and he will never let her work too hard. My dad had taught me how to be a ‘good man’. I don’t even know how to gamble, and I only like singing and watch movie. Therefore, they all say I am a ‘Unique Rock Friend’.

Reporter: How would you describe yourself?

Jiro: In the past, I was more playful, but now after I have signed contract with the company and started filming, I felt as if I have reached a stage of enlightenment and acting has already become a career I cannot do without. As someone gets older and gains more life experience, he starts to cherish what he has achieved even more than before.

Reporter: who (in show-business) comes closest to your dream girl?

Jiro: Can i pick my mom? she really takes good care of me, and that's what i look for that in a girlfriend. i don't mind going out with an older woman- like Vivan Hsu, because i heard she is quite independent (s******s from his band members in the background).
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKGjHXdnYgc[/youtube]

Comments on love
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIZD49i0gLs[/youtube]

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reporter: In future, the girlfriend you choose must also be the kind your mother likes, right?

Jiro: Of course. She has to be filial, gentle, and most importantly, my mum has to like her. I like girls who are traditional, respectable and family-oriented. Anyway, when my dad was alive, he would help my mum to wash the vegetables and bowls after work, and he will never let her work too hard. My dad had taught me how to be a ‘good man’. I don’t even know how to gamble, and I only like singing and watch movie. Therefore, they all say I am a ‘Unique Rock Friend’.

Reporter: How would you describe yourself?

Jiro: In the past, I was more playful, but now after I have signed contract with the company and started filming, I felt as if I have reached a stage of enlightenment and acting has already become a career I cannot do without. As someone gets older and gains more life experience, he starts to cherish what he has achieved even more than before.

Reporter: who (in show-business) comes closest to your dream girl?

Jiro: Can i pick my mom? she really takes good care of me, and that's what i look for that in a girlfriend. i don't mind going out with an older woman- like Vivan Hsu, because i heard she is quite independent (s******s from his band members in the background).
    Doesn't this sound more like he's looking for an ESxj than an ISxp?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arron Yan (Fahrenheit): Se-ISTj

Kingone Wang: Ti-ISTj

Wu Zun (Fahrenheit): Si-ISFp (not Fe-INFp as I have previously thought)

Lee Joon Ki: Ni-ENFj

Maggie Q: Te-ISTp

Kelly Chen: Fi-INFj

Karen Mok: Fi-ENFp

Melody Liu: Ne-INFj

David Tao: Si-ESTj

Kelly Lin: Fi-ISFj

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kingone Wang: Ti-ISTj
    Mmm.. I like him.
    Wu Zun (Fahrenheit): Si-ISFp (not Fe-INFp as I have previously thought)

I guess ISFp works.
    He looks awful with long hair.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast