Knowing two LIE-Ni who are both E3 (3w4 so/sp and 3w2 sp/so), I can't say either of them sound the way Ryu is describing his LIE to be. Both are quite open to being corrected on their factual knowledge.
Where did I say the person I'm talking about is not open to being corrected on factual knowledge?

Wha?

n the other hand, if you were to critique their manner of presentation - ouch. They both puff themselves up a great deal about 'showmanship' and 'selling the product', but it's clearly where they are the least confident. Maybe this is what Ryu means?
How people are getting things other than that, I don't know.

It's where they focus a lot of their conscious efforts, and they sort of try to 'deconstruct' things like charm, or charisma, and package it into a 3-step process. I find them very alien when they do that; they're very mechanical about all that jazz.
Right....... that's just what I said...........................

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
Some LIEs do try to use Fe as a tool, and that's what happened in the above example I gave. His Fe was terrible, imo, but because he polished some things enough, it worked on other people, at times. He tries very hard at 'appearing successful', and how he presents himself to other people - some have said he's charismatic.
He's said "life is sales", and he will use whatever tactic to try to sell himself or whatever he's doing - such as exploiting morality or trying to woo the opposite sex. Although he'd never ever label it as such - save for when he's trying to get you to see his way and as a 'joke'.