Thread: SLI-LIE Supervision Relations (ISTp and ENTj)

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was standing at the edge of my property, talking to my next door neighbor. He's a broker and we're both LIEs, although he's a bit more "normal LIE" than I am. I'm LIE-1Te and he's LIE-0, I'd say. He's married to a wonderful EII and he's having a bit of trouble meshing with her, but that's a topic for another thread.

Anyway, he looked over my shoulder and said "Here comes your ex-wife."

I turned around and saw her coming towards us. She was quite a distance away. She's SLI, by the way.

"Why does she still come around?", he asked, as if staying in contact with someone you were married to once was something he'd never ever do.

"Because she loves me and she wants something", I said. And laughed.

"She and I are almost perfect matches. Equal intelligence, equal attractiveness, equal height, equal earning power, equal world-views, everything. We only broke up because she's my Supervisor and got tired of being married to an idiot."

"She's right over there. I think she can hear you." He looked incredibly uncomfortable.

"So what? It's not like she hasn't heard this before." I turned towards her. "Hi, Helen."

"Hi, Adam. Hi, Zach," she replied. "I see you've been parking cars."

I spoke for both of us. "Yep. Been making money." Zach was looking terrified. He did not want to be privy to what we might say to each other. I don't know what he expected. Maybe he's broken up with some insane GFs, IDK. But my ex and I are completely at ease with each other and can't really offend each other. As I said, we were nearly perfect matches, except for the Supervision part of things.

"Adam, I was walking by and saw you and I wondered if you could give me a ride home", she said. I gave Zach a look that said "And there it is."

"Sure. Just let me put some things away first. I'll let you two talk." And I walked away from my charming SLI ex and my terrified LIE neighbor and left them to sort out their ITR.

When I returned, a few minutes later with the car keys, Zach was smiling and was genuinely engaged in an obviously interesting conversation. My SLI ex is extremely smart, gracious, and can be very charming. He was obviously experiencing Supervision, where he just naturally admired the hell out of his Supervisor.

"What are you guys talking about?", I asked.

She said "We were just talking about how hard it is to quit smoking." Her Si to his Si-PoLR.

"Yeah. You tried seven times. It was hell." Hell on me, that is.

"But I succeeded. Now I don't even like the smell of cigarettes."

"OK, let's go. Zach doesn't have all day. Later, Zach." He was looking slightly dazed and in love, like he'd never met any woman like her before. Lol. I got her out of there before she could dissuade him of that idea.

I have to admit, I got along pretty well with her. Maybe because we are both -Te subtypes and have similar backgrounds. I also know that she's the deadest of dead ends.

Now I'm looking for an ESI whom I can click with as well. In both directions. They are so hard to find.

"Where, oh where, is my Own True Love?"
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-23-2021 at 07:41 PM.