Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
This guy is one of the smartest people I know. A typical quote: "My biggest gripe with analytic philosophy is that in constantly attempting to deny the political nature of its truth-claims, it often turns out to be unbelievably boring, or at least superficially boring-sounding." (some in there too, lol)
ewwww. If you think analytic philosophy is really about politics, you're reading it wrong. Completely wrong. Rather depressingly wrong. I personally think analytic philosophy is poetry. By which I mean that it convinces or persuades you of the truth, rather than "demonstrating" or "proving" it. It helps to catalyze the reaction between the mind and the world (that is persuasion). Or at least, that's a more valuable paradigm for viewing it.

(also, this post is slathered in beta values---there's Ti in the black and white "different conclusion from me = you're stupid" bit, Fe in the little fragment sentences there, Ni in the whole focus on changing "paradigms," and Se in the justification that you should believe x because it produces better results)