Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lets talk about Activity Relations, your stories and experiences

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Being quietly offended - that sounds more like Fi? In general I find activity to be very good, although there are times when you wish they would use their creative function more. There is also more competition than in duality. But it's probably the second best relationship in most aspects.
    I am really interested in how competition works when the activity partners are introverts; I can see ILE and ESE fighting for attention in a setting between friends and an IEE and LSE arguing over who's more competent; I am curious as to how and about what introverts compete.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inabox View Post
    I am really interested in how competition works when the activity partners are introverts; I can see ILE and ESE fighting for attention in a setting between friends and an IEE and LSE arguing over who's more competent; I am curious as to how and about what introverts compete.
    Say with Ti: arguing over views on socionics, politics, etc. Or Fi: differing about interpersonal judgments and who you like or dislike. etc.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Being quietly offended - that sounds more like Fi? In general I find activity to be very good, although there are times when you wish they would use their creative function more. There is also more competition than in duality. But it's probably the second best relationship in most aspects.
    I think the ESE Fe subtype has strong Fi as well as a background function.....that or its my overly sensitive E4 side.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are correct- we do compete for attention.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    I think the ESE Fe subtype has strong Fi as well as a background function.....that or its my overly sensitive E4 side.
    Hello. You are ESE-Fe E4?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    Hello. You are ESE-Fe E4?
    Indeed..I am.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand myself well with SLIs, but there tends to be no competition, no drive to push the relationship further. It's rather frustrating, but at the same time not so much to spoil the relationship. Activity makes for long lasting friendships in my experience.
    The gardener is but a dream of the garden.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can do anything together, can go a month not having a conversation and still consider them your good friend, can talk about anything together, will not inspire you as much as your dual but will activate the right functions. It is pleasant and easy to be around them, and you will not judge them for their behaviour even though it may seem odd to your ESE mother (SEE activity for me)

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On average, SLIs and I find each other comfortable and trustworthy, but there is usually some lack of excitement on one side or the other. With female SLIs, I have cozy friendships where we understand and appreciate each other's love of work, but it's impossible to fully relate to them like I do with my EII friends, where we can spend hours analyzing people and our interactions with them. My female SLI friends are sometimes happy to patiently listen to concerns and offer some kind words, but it is not very satisfying to get their advice in personal problems.

For whatever reason, I'm not friends with that many male SLIs, though I've dated a few. We just don't seem to have the same goals/core desires in life. I'm not rich by any means, but I still don't care about money, so I found my SLI dates' overall life goals kind of boring. They mostly wanted to make money and pursue their personal hobbies, while I'm (perhaps detrimentally) obsessed with doing something meaningful for society. Maybe this is an Fi/Si leading/HA problem. Regardless, in the moment, these dates do go better than my dates with most other types... We have pleasant enough conversations, though they ultimately prove difficult to get closer with emotionally.

TIM
    eii enfp so4 sp4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Activity relationships have more tension/longing at the start where as duality has more chemistry, though duality tends to have tension the more you get close

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Activity couple I know broke up. I know three. This is the straight pair, fyi.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234