Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The tell-tale signs of an INFp/IEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh okay thanks... I kind of thought I really didn't like Se, but now I'm wondering whether I was confusing it with Te

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere
    ahh okay thanks... I kind of thought I really didn't like Se, but now I'm wondering whether I was confusing it with Te
    I was discussing politics with an INFP, they really don't want to argue with anyone.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol hmmm what was your relationship to the INFp?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol hmmm what was your relationship to the INFp?
    Friend, we talk in our study hall. We've known each other for about 3 months.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    I was discussing politics with an INFP, they really don't want to argue with anyone.
    That's because we get too emotionally involved and all reasoning flies out the window. We don't particularly like losing it in front of people.

Politics or religion are two topics *guaranteed* to get me riled.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Politics or religion are two topics *guaranteed* to get me riled.
    *cough*

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A while back, I posted a topic about an alleged IEI on my corridor. Check out the description to see what IEIs can be like.

He also makes me doubt my SLEness. Alternatively, we're going through that rocky stage that duals apparently go through according to what someone said on here a while ago. I really don't know though.

Sorry for my vagueness, I really don't know who said it or what was said in great detail.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEI pwn the b-quadra, they're relatively nice and have a aura of mystique, like you can never know what's going on in their head.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively
    thanks peeps. wow i get to be insightful that's cool.

as far as Se valuing. they'll like laugh their asses off at some push and shove type of joke. they have this like black sense of humor - they don't like to make these jokes themselves as much, but they love to hear you tell them.

they like to fuck with you; provoke you into a forceful response.

they kind of like cat and mouse. there's always a little bit of a game.
    I agree with this. But I also value Si. I value both but yeah, Se more but probably because it's so out of my reach. I neeeeeed it! Here's the thing: I respect Se. Si is good but I can do it myself to some degree. Se, I don't have it so when I see it in someone else it's like "omg, you are so awesome"
    redbaron you prolly have more Se than you realize. i bet if you looked closely you'd see yourself flaring it out like a blowtorch from time to time. infp man does this...and you are old enough to have developed it i'd think. :wink:

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

redbaron you prolly have more Se than you realize. i bet if you looked closely you'd see yourself flaring it out like a blowtorch from time to time. infp man does this...and you are old enough to have developed it i'd think. :wink:
    Actually I tend to think of those rage explosions as total lack of Se...
    LSI

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That phrase cracked me up. I do occasionally have bursts but I wonder if potatospirit is right, that the bursts just indicate that I am lacking there and have to provide it myself? Not that that's a bad thing necessarily. There are times though when I get a bee in my bonnet and walk around the house fixing things, accomplishing things, knocking them off my list. This doesn't happen a lot but I am like super proud of myself when I can muster the energy to DO things like that. (that's Se, right?)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME, if you explode in rage, it's because you've waited way too long to expose your feelings. When I flip out like that, I tend to go too far and say things I don't mean when what really was bothering me to begin with was simple little things that went unaddressed. It's better to deal with things immediately as they come so it doesn't come out all at once and you damage the relationship.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    Not sure. I've seen Se dominants exploding in rages, but very rarely Se creative types doing the same.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I didn't take Sunshine's comment to mean anger necessarily, just a burst of Se. But maybe I misunderstood.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That phrase cracked me up. I do occasionally have bursts but I wonder if potatospirit is right, that the bursts just indicate that I am lacking there and have to provide it myself? Not that that's a bad thing necessarily. There are times though when I get a bee in my bonnet and walk around the house fixing things, accomplishing things, knocking them off my list. This doesn't happen a lot but I am like super proud of myself when I can muster the energy to DO things like that. (that's Se, right?)
    Hey, I managed to do that over the long Thanksgiving w/e!

I'm normally so inert and procrastinate terribly regarding things I "need" to do, especially around the house. It's all that "I should" stuff: clearing the dining room table, sorting my piles of paper into actual files, reconciling my bank statement with credit slips, donating stuff to Goodwill, etc. "Busy" stuff that I easily put off as uninteresting and time-consuming (not in a fun way). I get a little bit of momentum from each of these tasks and can usually get a bunch of things done, until I run out of steam. For some odd reason, I feel like I can't be "too" productive, otherwise people will start expecting that.

I have this odd habit of occasionally leaving about 10% of a job unfinished. Like washing a bunch of dishes in the sink, and leaving a cup and a fork still dirty. Weirdnesse.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Not sure. I've seen Se dominants exploding in rages, but very rarely Se creative types doing the same.
    A weak Se type might explode because of his inability to accomplish something caused by lack of Se. E.g. imagine a person who is ambitious and knows exactly how something should be done but can't mobilize other people to do what needs to be done. Eventually he will blow up in rage because of frustration (combined frustration of other people's incompetence and his own lack of influence on them).

There's probably multiple reasons why people explode though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    I have this odd habit of occasionally leaving about 10% of a job unfinished. Like washing a bunch of dishes in the sink, and leaving a cup and a fork still dirty. Weirdnesse.
    omg that's hilarious. My husband always chides me (rightly, he's absolutely accurate) for doing about 85% of a task. I do this all the time. I'll do almost all of the dishes and then leave a few cups and the counters full of crumbs. It's like I get bored or just can't seem to muster up the energy to finish! I do it with projects too. I'll start knitting a hat and then set it aside, waiting for inspiration or motivation to arrive to push me to the finish line. I'm good with deadlines (like Christmas gifts or something outside of myself) because they generally provide the push I need.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    A weak Se type might explode because of his inability to accomplish something caused by lack of Se. E.g. imagine a person who is ambitious and knows exactly how something should be done but can't mobilize other people to do what needs to be done. Eventually he will blow up in rage because of frustration (combined frustration of other people's incompetence and his own lack of influence on them).

that's a possibility. it's also possible to be chock-full of Se and still not be able to mobilise certain individuals into action. hypothetically, that would make an Se-leading type quite angry. a weak Se type might be more prone to whining or brooding than full-blown wrath when their leadership is called into question.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I didn't take Sunshine's comment to mean anger necessarily, just a burst of Se. But maybe I misunderstood.
    you understood correctly.

ILE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep running into IEIs on the RPG forum I frequent.

I'm sort of drawn to them for some reason. They are fun, because we usually end up in verbal sparring matches containing many extremely sarcastic maneuvers. Pretty much seeing who can irritate the other first.

Gets boring after awhile.

And when they bring out the dreaded Fe, out comes my Te, and things get delicate.
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    that's a possibility. it's also possible to be chock-full of Se and still not be able to mobilise certain individuals into action. hypothetically, that would make an Se-leading type quite angry. a weak Se type might be more prone to whining or brooding than full-blown wrath when their leadership is called into question.
    yes, for low Se the whining and passive-aggressiveness comes first. the explosion only comes much later.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this statement is very funny when you take "bee in my bonnet" literally, which i did at first. i couldn't figure out how it could be a good thing to not realize the bee is in there, and carry on with housework. and here i am only guessing this is a phrase which means getting energized by something =a kick in the ass? and i would associate Se with kick in the ass. perhaps talking about the bee in the bonnet is Se dual seeking after all.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX

Yeah. The explosions of the (unhealthy) Se-ESTps I knew were exactly because they wanted me to do something and I wouldn't bulge. The ENFjs in the same situations just tried to turn everybody against me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why is it that LSIs are described as sometimes being unable to control their anger and do this, as if it's a major part of their being an LSI?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Then why is it that LSIs are described as sometimes being unable to control their anger and do this, as if it's a major part of their being an LSI?
    hmm, that's interesting but I think that using ascribing "control" and "anger" to LSI's is misleading... all types have issues of control and anger.

LSIs have Se as a creative function and if you think of it actually use it just as an INFp uses Fe. The problem is that certain types are liable to misunderstanding another type's use of the creative function. i.e. Sometimes I act dramatically around other people but I do so in a kind of "role-playish" way, as in I'll yell to someone about something but in a playful way (creative Fe) - I've noticed that when some people see me act this way they misinterpret my actions, they perceive that because I'm acting like I'm out of control that I actually am out of control and they'll say things like "why are you being mean to him/her blah blah blah" or "are you ok? what's wrong?".

I gave that example because I know a few LSIs and I don't consider them to be unable to control their anger. Yes they occasionally appear to get "pissed off" but in reality I think that most of the time that perceived outward "anger" is not a result of them being instrinsically angry, but of them using their Se creative function to get what they want. Thus they are actually in control.

Furthermore, in my experience Types from different quadras are more likely to misperceive other's use of the creative function as 'malicious'. I.e. types from Gamma quadra (a quadra that doesn't value Fe) are more likely to perceive an INFp's use of Fe as emotionally manipulative. types from Delta quadra (a quadra that doesn't value Se) are more likely to perceive an ISTj's use of Se as violent.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ESI that has spectacular blowouts every now and then. Can be triggered by the most random things.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont
    I know an ESI that has spectacular blowouts every now and then. Can be triggered by the most random things.
    yep. mommy does it all the time.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. The explosions of the (unhealthy) Se-ESTps I knew were exactly because they wanted me to do something and I wouldn't bulge. The ENFjs in the same situations just tried to turn everybody against me.
    what was it that they wanted you to do?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    what was it that they wanted you to do?
    Stupid things, like "Hey, go to catch the ball for me" or "Hey, please, cut this piece of paper for me". That's because they were the kind of people that are able, in ways which I don't understand, to make other people do what they want (but not me).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    in some ways i think an angry Si type can be much more frightening because perhaps they've been pushed beyond what they control into what they usually subdue.
    I think this is absolutely true. They tend to hold everything in and then it blows out of control at some point. Totally true ime.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa

this statement is very funny when you take "bee in my bonnet" literally, which i did at first. i couldn't figure out how it could be a good thing to not realize the bee is in there, and carry on with housework. and here i am only guessing this is a phrase which means getting energized by something =a kick in the ass? and i would associate Se with kick in the ass. perhaps talking about the bee in the bonnet is Se dual seeking after all.
    You've never heard the phrase "bee in your bonnet", that's funny! Pretty interesting though, you're right. I'll bet that bee in the bonnet is my dual-seeking behavior. Funny.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont
    yep. mommy does it all the time.
    yup, mine does too.
    mine too.... lol i wonder how many of us have ESI mums...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehe, this ISFj is not my mum but yes she drove me towards socioncs too
    INFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child
    My mom is also ISFj, but she's loved by everyone.
    Nice She must be awesome heh. Out of curiosity, does she get "random" rages too?
    INFp

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the real question is, why are ESI moms so prevalent?
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your mum sounds like my ISFp boss, neatness and all. And that is the reason I asked about your mum really. I'm not saying you have mistyped her as ISFj but I think it is quite likely. That you have to ask about the rage thing makes me think you haven't seen it happen. It is an enormous (very irrational, in the sense you cannot really communicate with the ISFj, the only point of view that exists is their own) emotional outburst, lots of tears usually. Comes and goes very quickly. To exaggerate a bit think hissing and spitting wildcat going nuclear. Wild mood swings are very ISFj to me.
    INFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child
    Yeah, I thought ISFp before as well, but she gets along very well with ENTjs and does not seem to care for ENTp behavior at all (I'm drawing this from her frustration with my brother's ENTp girlfriend who constantly changes her mind about making dates...and she is a perfectionist in following rules and policies, seems to value Te quite a bit, so yeah).

She has her mood swings, though, gets teary eyed, and what have you. And she loves traditions and typically SJ stuff, though I am pretty darn sure she isn't ESFj.

Not to get off topic.
    Aye fair enough that is very ISFj aye
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Excellent. I couldn't have put this better into words myself - nice observational skills, auvi.

Hmm, something else more related to INFp Fe subtypes..

- have a characteristic tendency to get over-excited easily and almost embarrassingly enthusiastic in group situations where they are comfortable with the people around them
    - in large groups of people they are intimidated by, will close up almost entirely until they feel welcomed
    - very rapid changes in mood
    - in general, will try to maintain a positive emotional atmosphere especially upon greeting them (always smiling)
    - attention seekers in the way they tell stories (exaggerated most of the time)
    - get really confused/stressed out easily and takes things seriously (in need of to relax them)... in these moments, it is almost scary to see their emotional fervor
    - may seem self-centered due to tendency to ramble about own stories
    - really enjoy random trivia games, enjoy competition a lot
    - usually achieve high academic marks but actually appear to be somewhat spacey
    - clumsy, clumsy, clumsy!
    I agree with 99% of all of this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast