TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JTDW
    Then explain it.

Saying "you don't understand" is pointless unless you explain something.
    No, it's not my job to explain it to you. Explaining something is pointless if you don't listen.

This is a communication issue and if you want to fix it it's your responsibility. She said something that you did not completely understand and misinterpreted. To fix this, try asking her to repeat what she said, perhaps saying it in a different way. Then, repeat back to her in your own words what you got from what she said and ask her if that's what she meant. She'll either say "Yes," "No," or "Partly." If it's either of the latter two, repeat the process until you get a yes.

This technique may take longer than you like, but, trust me, it'll save you trouble further down the line and is a good habit to build.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

, it is the 5th habit, to be specific
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    Quote Originally Posted by JTDW
    Then explain it.

Saying "you don't understand" is pointless unless you explain something.
    No, it's not my job to explain it to you. Explaining something is pointless if you don't listen.

This is a communication issue and if you want to fix it it's your responsibility. She said something that you did not completely understand and misinterpreted. To fix this, try asking her to repeat what she said, perhaps saying it in a different way. Then, repeat back to her in your own words what you got from what she said and ask her if that's what she meant. She'll either say "Yes," "No," or "Partly." If it's either of the latter two, repeat the process until you get a yes.

This technique may take longer than you like, but, trust me, it'll save you trouble further down the line and is a good habit to build.
    Hmm, "Yes, dear"

(Consider too that you might be misunderstanding me... but nevertheless...)
    i am simply asking you to consider whether your philosophical search for understanding could be related to something other than socionics. what alternative explanations can you think of for your search? because this search is what seems to confound accurate type diagnosis. if it is not type related, then it can be eliminated from the equation.
    I do agree that the search is unrelated to socionics.
    The alternate explanations? General spiritual interest. Being human, etc.
    How, please explain, do you see this as confounding my type diagnosis? Or how does it affect you? Because I am aware of it, I don't really see it as getting in the way, but I can understand you if you mean that I might be "unaware" of its effects on me, or misinterpreting them.

As I said, it can be eliminated from the equation, apparently.

PS: Minde is an E1, I'm not
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the fuck have you started again? Why bring up this shit? Bury it.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    PS: Minde is an E1, I'm not
    You're not an 8w9 either.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am simply asking you to consider whether your philosophical search for understanding could be related to something other than socionics. what alternative explanations can you think of for your search? because this search is what seems to confound accurate type diagnosis. if it is not type related, then it can be eliminated from the equation.

I do agree that the search is unrelated to socionics.
    The alternate explanations? General spiritual interest. Being human, etc.
    How, please explain, do you see this as confounding my type diagnosis? Or how does it affect you? Because I am aware of it, I don't really see it as getting in the way, but I can understand you if you mean that I might be "unaware" of its effects on me, or misinterpreting them.

As I said, it can be eliminated from the equation, apparently.
    the reason i asked is because spiritual questing can be confused with intuition or ethics. since i don't see strong ethics in you otherwise, then ethics can be eliminated. like it could be the stereotypical behavior you'd expect from an infp or an infj. but you wouldn't expect to see it from an estj, at least not the ones i know. but your quest could be intuition related....or not.

intj's do quest for knowledge....but your search doesn't look like this really and i don't tend to see it done the same way by other intj's.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively
    the reason i asked is because spiritual questing can be confused with intuition or ethics. since i don't see strong ethics in you otherwise, then ethics can be eliminated. like it could be the stereotypical behavior you'd expect from an infp or an infj. but you wouldn't expect to see it from an estj, at least not the ones i know. but your quest could be intuition related....or not.

intj's do quest for knowledge....but your search doesn't look like this really and i don't tend to see it done the same way by other intj's.
    I see where you are coming from - and I can understand you. However it actually furthers why I say LSE

a more concise response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Gilly suggested the following interpretation:

- Caregivers feel that having someone to take care of addresses doubts as to a higher meaning to their existence (vulnerable Ni), which is why they also tend to have pets

- Infantiles feel that having someone to provide support addresses doubts as to their ability to cope with life's obstacles (vulnerable Se).

PPS:
    you are right - I know everything I need to know.
    It is my great hope that, following SLs discussion, I can not talk about myself for a very long time. This is way too much introspection, too much time mulling over this "situation". It is getting stagnant, and it is like every time I come to the forum (which is every day basically), I write some long post going over myself again here, trying to explain or whatever. It is getting tiresome. So after this bit with SL, I don't want to say I am going to "break" from the forum, but, something to that affect. I just want to not talk about myself for a while, for a change. And yes, I know I have instigated a lot of it. But it is time for something else.

edited a few times

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123