Hmm.. this is certainly a tough'un. A lot of it depends on the motivation behind the compliment/criticism and what exactly is being complimented or criticised. If it's something I'm quite sensitive about, then I usually react well to compliments, I take on board constructive criticism (and am unoffended by such), although I'd probably be secretly hurt if the criticism was either unjustified (in my mind) and/or unconstructive (e.g. "I think that's crap"). For things I'm less concerned about.. eh, I'm generally indifferent to either. Sometimes a surprise compliment can catch me off guard though. An example from a private forum where me and an (AFAIK) ISTp friend do a lot of silly posting and roleplays, etc.:

(this was during a themed word game)
Me: Came like a truncated camel
ISTp friend: At first I looked up truncated and thought "eh, what the hell's a truncated camel got to do with.." and then suddenly understood it.
Me: I thought it was pretty clever meself.
ISTp friend: It WAS clever. You're a wizard with words fyi.

I remember that last post really caught me off guard, it was sort of surprise and amazement that I'd actually be considered to be in some way above average when playing around with words. I dunno.. it's hard to describe, but I remember my next post involved some great mental splurge as I vocalised me trying to figure out my reaction to that. It's very rare I have this sort of reaction to a compliment though.. actually, come to think of it, it's the only time I recall it happening.