Quote Originally Posted by caudilllg
The consequences are enormous. Cross type holds so many keys to so many mysteries in history, it's baffling. And the deeper you explore the concept, the more comes brilliantly, penultimately to light. Do you think such a profound, consequential theory would make it out of a psychoanalytic school? I'd like to see it tried.
Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
As for cross-dominant J/P, how about this. I think you know that most of the time, most people try to solve a problem with only one hemispere of their brain. If it is true that the right brain is the more Perceiving one, and the left brain is the more Judging one, AND some people are actually crossed between their J and P traits, then wouldn't you think that the cross-dominant types are actually just people who tend to use both sides of their brain, simultaneuously, without having to pick one over the other? At least most of the time? This would lead to a lot of cross traits, such as an NiTe type (Einstein) showing a lot of heavy Ne and Ti as well.
Quote Originally Posted by Cone
Quote Originally Posted by Tcaudilllg
If it is possible for traits to be crossed at the perception/judgement level, then the door is open for them to be crossed at other levels, also. (E with I, S with N, T with F) In particular, the cross between T and F is possible, and this would entail an ability to notice the logical consequences of emotionally-oriented action, and the emotional consequences of logically-based action. "Either way I go, someone is going to get hurt", "You're damned if you do, damned if you don't". These are statements that people who solidly prefer either T or F, but not both, don't make. The logical conclusion is always better than the emotional one, and vice versa; that's how most people think. But this select subgroup, if it exists, doesn't see either option as better than the other in their subjective experience. So they are more likely to consciously choose the choices that benefit them. Instant gratification is a way of life for them, whatever their other traits may be. Over time, "instant gratification" as a motivator tends to draw these individuals away from the rest psychologically. They act deviantly both socially and as a way of thought. We would recognize this behavior as inline with many DSVM disorders, particular antisocial-personality disorder, psychopathy, and even psychosis.
So are you implying that a crossed-T/F person holds NO judgment whatsoever? Or rather, no NET judgment? So I would expect "instant gratification" to result from a choice depending on complete self-absorbed benefit, i.e. this person is 100% self-centered and makes all decisions based on self-centered thinking, somewhat like a preoperational child?
... continue...