Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The nature of Fi

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd expect not. because isfj's hold themselves to the same standard as everybody else.

my father could be in a (delta) league of his own...

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Acting as a good hostess or not and someone being upset at that or not has nothing whatsoever to do with Fi.
    that's because you don't think that Fi has anything to do with roles. haven't we made the point that Fi perception of underlying relationship drives outward expression, as evidenced by boundaries, roles, and social rules?

ILE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this an example? My ISFp dad used to play practical jokes on my INFj mom. One of the worst (to her) was when he poured cold water on her in the shower. Just wanted to get a rise out of her but she was really upset and didn't think it was funny at all. She thought that no loving husband would do such a thing to his wife. He thought it was hilarious. But has since realized it was immature. He still has to hold himself back from doing things kind of like that (not so extreme) out of respect for my mother's sense of what is appropriate or not appropriate.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    i'd expect not. because isfj's hold themselves to the same standard as everybody else.

Are you sure he wasn't just fucking with you? Also, would he have said that if you were at his house? Or if both of you were at someone else's house? (I think a lot of Fi types hold people to their own standards, btw... Not all of them do, of course, but a lot of them.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ögbeler ondar bombunung khöömeileer sat manchakainyng sygydy kyrgys soruktunung kargyraazy kara-sal ak-ooldung khöömei sygydy snachy kyzyl-ooldung sygydy bisting tyva. kadararda khoyum charash dadyr dodur kham alhyzhy avtyng derii mörgul sygyt toruktug dolgai tangdym oorzhak khunashtaar-ool bile. maksim daglainyng khöömei sygydy ugbahkylar ooldar ulug-khemim, sayan, tangdym aratyng yry sygyt teve khaya.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven't we made the point that Fi perception of underlying relationship drives outward expression, as evidenced by boundaries, roles, and social rules?
    no no no no no no no
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

Are you sure he wasn't just fucking with you? Also, would he have said that if you were at his house? Or if both of you were at someone else's house? (I think a lot of Fi types hold people to their own standards, btw... Not all of them do, of course, but a lot of them.)
    yeah he was fucking with me using a pseudo, manipulative Fi approach. *cough* delta supervision. he may have repeated this in his house but probably not someone else's.

which is why i told him to step off.

ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven't we made the point that Fi perception of underlying relationship drives outward expression, as evidenced by boundaries, roles, and social rules?
    no no no no no no no
    Or rather, the only way social rules could be based on Fi is if those social rules are set by somebody else.
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aa-shuu dekei-oo eerbek-aksy kaldak khamar steppe borbanngadyr. chiraa-khoor eki attar irik chuduk sygyt khomuz ödugen taiga.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huhu namyil ayaz eruu cagaan bolimor tavan hasag horgoi torgon deel tanz. buyant gol uglee shaazgai govin undur naadmin ugluu hadin oroigoor durvun uul siilen buur taivan namar cenherlen haragdah boroonii uul chandmani nutag.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen to me please.

You use Fi when seeing and evaluating relationships -- a Fi leading person acts according to how they feel towards a person, they expect that others will do the same. When someone acts with much more than is felt it is very uncomfortable. When you are asked or expected to act with more than you feel, it is uncomfortable. There can be depth of feeling without a lot of show of that feeling. Small things are noticible.
    i agree that this is one aspect. esp of the connection between Fi and Fe. what i am saying is that there are external aspects to Fi in terms of how it is expressed.

ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah he was fucking with me using a pseudo, manipulative Fi approach. *cough* delta supervision. he may have repeated this in his house but probably not someone else's.

An SEE would have supervised him in return my saying "Get your own damn coffee! " perhaps followed by "It's right over there... it's just as easy for you to get it as it is for me. You're the one who wants it, so go get it."
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    Is this an example? My ISFp dad used to play practical jokes on my INFj mom. One of the worst (to her) was when he poured cold water on her in the shower. Just wanted to get a rise out of her but she was really upset and didn't think it was funny at all. She thought that no loving husband would do such a thing to his wife. He thought it was hilarious. But has since realized it was immature. He still has to hold himself back from doing things kind of like that (not so extreme) out of respect for my mother's sense of what is appropriate or not appropriate.
    i can totally see this! lol

by way of contrast, i'd get him back with some cold water for his shower! hahaha

ILE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An SEE would have supervised him in return my saying "Get your own damn coffee! " perhaps followed by "It's right over there... it's just as easy for you to get it as it is for me. You're the one who wants it, so go get it."
    i left it out but yeah that's what i said. then he got really angry and started in. haha that's when i told him to step off. *side note* interesting dynamic: when feeling overly supervised, do you try to adopt the role of your supervisor's supervisor?

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree that this is one aspect. esp of the connection between Fi and Fe. what i am saying is that there are external aspects to Fi in terms of how it is expressed.
    I don't know what you mean.
    my understanding of what you are focusing on with Fi is the introverted aspect of feeling the relationship...my proposition is that there is a follow up to this...an extraverted expression or demonstration of this.

ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi is much more comparable to Ti than it is to Fe.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is partially one of the benefits of the use of Ji/Je terminology. *cough, cough*
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this thread not a comparison of Fi and Fe? isn't that the topic?

ILE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    This is partially one of the benefits of the use of Ji/Je terminology. *cough, cough*
    I see no use in classifying them together, especially for a n00b. They're different enough that in most conversations, they shouldn't be referred to together. Especially by a n00b.

is this thread not a comparison of Fi and Fe? isn't that the topic?
    the topic is Fi
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe so but we've been talking about Fe all along. and comparing and contrasting. to take that you Fi lovin rule-makers! LOL

ILE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see no use in classifying them together, especially for a n00b. They're different enough that in most conversations, they shouldn't be referred to together. Especially by a n00b.
    Well then thank Jung we are not n00bs. :wink:
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But thank god there are b00bs
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    But thank god there are b00bs
    ...how did I know that was going to come up?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is. Very much so. The thing is though Fi ego types have strong (unconscious) Fe, and Fe ego types have strong (unconscious) Fi -- so those get mixed the same way Te-Ti do or Ne-Ni.
    I'm quite interested in the concept of unconscious and actually. What does this look like in actual external action or internal undertone? ie: In an creative, would they be expressing a lot of unconscious and be oblivious to it themselves? Could they possibly be unaware of their own feelings? And would this unconscious content be genuine, but weakly apprehended?

As an alternate example, what would that strong unconscious stream of look like in an IEI?
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi isn't about rules. It isn't about etiquette. And I may have to say that 100 more times before anyone hears me. But I'm tired of it for today.
    according to the principles of sekeljjian economics, the statements in question might be venerated.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe so but we've been talking about Fe all along. and comparing and contrasting. to take that you Fi lovin rule-makers! LOL
    we've been talking about Fe/Ti vs. Fi, as far as I could tell (I tend to think that what a lot of people see as "Fe values" are actually Ti values)
    SEE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter was irritated... Something along the lines of "Why should I be expected to reassure her that I like her every time I see her? 'HI! HOW ARE YOU TODAY? SURE IS LOVELY WEATHER WE'RE HAVING!' Fuck that. I shouldn't have to fake being happy. I'm in my house. It's not my responsibility to see to her mood and make her feel 'welcomed'. I shouldn't have to stop what I'm doing just because she comes downstairs."

Granted, there's another reason he was irritated with her, but I still think that what she expected of him (and me, but since she nows me she's not as shy about saying hi to me first, and I am more talkative in general... however, she still thinks I hate her if I don't say something to her as she's coming or going a few times in a row) was a Fe atmosphere. I feel similarly to Peter... why should I have to act a certain way or fake a mood in order for her to be comfortable? My mood/state is what it is and that's not going to change because someone I lived with enters the room. Why should someone need that kind of constant reassurance?
    Well i think they shouldn't need that assurance, and not all Fe types do. But it just sticks out to me that duh, Peter has not established a relation with her (what i get from the post correct me if im wrong) so she shouldn't be so uptight is my feeling. It will take some getting to know each other before she gets it that it's peter's way, or whatever. It's just that you're right that that's what an Fe person's language is. Put otherwise, why should she be expected to decode what a nod means to Peter?

You'll all see that each question already assumes the respective value set of the asker. But IMHO i think if a guest is in your house you have entered the territory of Fe since they are not operating under the rules that you have in your relationship, seems by definition of Fi.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi isn't about rules. It isn't about etiquette. And I may have to say that 100 more times before anyone hears me. But I'm tired of it for today.
    I hear you. No, really I do. I just hope that you understand that this feeling of drowning in a sea of voices trying to clarify the misconceptions of Fi is about the same feeling that many Fe/Ti valuing people on this forum sometimes.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you. No, really I do. I just hope that you understand that this feeling of drowning in a sea of voices trying to clarify the misconceptions of Fi is about the same feeling that many Fe/Ti valuing people on this forum sometimes.
    I don't think Fe/Ti people have feelings.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, there are reasons, but they're individual preferences.

Fi: internal statics of fields
    Ti: external statics of fields

When comparing the two, the difference is internal vs. external. External properties are things that can be observed or measured. Internal properties cannot be readily observed or measured. When comparing Ti and Fi, the reason they can't be readily observed or measured is because they're unique to a particular individual.

Comparing similarities between Fe and Fi is more difficult because the only thing that's the same is that they're both internal. (I think a lot of what people attribute to "Fe values" is actually Ti values.) This is why it's easier to compare the differences between Fe and Fi than the similarities.

Fe: dynamics of objects (internal)
    Fi: statics of fields (internal)

"Statics of fields" can be read "states of relationships" or "stationary connections".
    "Dynamics of objects" can be read "activity of people/things" or "actions of people/things".

Does contrasting these things help to show how Fi values are indeed fixed systems and not at all arbitrary? And why they can look arbitrary to someone who values fixed systems that are observable or measurable?
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I don't think Fe/Ti people have feelings.
    I forgot, but just to add, I also forgot that Fe/Ti people are stupid and pointless.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and whiners, apparently
    SEE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You can't spell 'Fetish' without + .

...I guess that leaves 'shhh', right?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and whiners, apparently
    No, we do not have those types. Sorry, but you must be mistaken.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If no means I can't spell titties, then I'm a type!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast