Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    The word expensive is relative. For example, if somebody grew up in a wealthy househould, having a yatch is like having a cell phone, everybody owns one in their world. I know people who are very above and very below average in terms of economic income and wealth. Hence, I witnessed one can consider something as high status symbol whereas other person can find the same thing as low status.

Saying alpha NTs cant own anything more than a car, is too much caricaturization that people can draw so many wrong conclusions although it may not be his aim.
    Cell phones are more or less necessary in this world, while even for the rich owning a yacht is a status symbol. Most people who buy them hardly use them, and usually it would be less of a hassle, and less cost, to just rent or borrow one. I also don't know how owning a yacht could possibly be seen as "low status" unless you're richer than Croesus: it's a sign to the world that you have so much money you can spend a great amount of it on something frivolous.

I dont know any ILEs, you can be right. LIIs don't like to show off, but I don't think it makes them blind to status. Due to having relations with people with different economic background, I noticed that I prefer to fit in status wise, in other words, I don't want to be pointed out or point out someone's status even if it is high. When people say things to other people like you are rich, you can buy xyz without thinking right etc, that makes me cringe. I can see that other person does not know what to do, because it is their normal. It feels like a form of exclusion. Ofcourse reverse scenario would be more terrifying, luckily that rarely happens.
    It's too reductionistic, but that also doesn't mean what Alive wrote is necessarily without any truth. Would you say a multi-millionaire LII is just as likely to buy a yacht or something as, say, an SEE?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a friend asked me yesterday what type douglas hofstadter has. I still think ILE, but watching some videos now it seems to me that he is a harmonising subtype.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caroline Konstar seems ILE:

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It occurred to me that Lance Bass could be SEI.

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    It occurred to me that Lance Bass could be SEI.
    EIE ?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    EIE ?
    His Fe appears strong but then his eyes don't look Ni/Se valuing and for moments it expressively shows. Judging from a couple of non-Beta people I know. But I wouldn't bet on his type.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Se as vulnerable function, I barely focus on reality. 99% of the time I'm completely in my head. I only said that it's unlikely for LII's to own a yacht because any kind of bigger purchase requires real life effort and maintanance that I don't really care for at all. never owned a car and I haven't met an LII so far that had one unless it was really necessary. I do not care at all how other people perceive me. I'm completely indifferent to status symbols. the idea of buying something like a yacht seems so foreign to me that the probability of a wealthy LII buying that is still extremly low to me even if I imagine myself in that position. I have a decent amount of savings and I buy nothing at all most of the time.

hmm considering that FP relates to my message, it makes me think that he has the same type as me, while myresearch seems a bit different.
    Last edited by Still Alive; 03-30-2021 at 11:53 PM.
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the things that myresearch wrote about how status is a certain perspective and depending on how wealthy you are you are more likely to buy certain things, that reminds me of a video I have seen from Dan Bilzerian (SLE), who voiced something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFjNlvmqsI

@myresearch: are you sure you're not actually an LSI? I never think about these things that you have mentioned, seems Ti+Se to me.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    the things that myresearch wrote about how status is a certain perspective and depending on how wealthy you are you are more likely to buy certain things, that reminds me of a video I have seen from Dan Bilzerian (SLE), who voiced something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFjNlvmqsI

@myresearch: are you sure you're not actually an LSI? I never think about these things that you have mentioned, seems Ti+Se to me.
    LOL, let me say that I don't relate to Dan's lifestyle at all, I wouldn't prefer to live like as he does in any way.

But I agree to what he said on the video. To me thats just life and thats what people do.

Have you spend good amount of time with people who are very below and very above average Alive?

I dont think that you have. Because then, you would see how people would see some stuff as high status that you just think that is average or even sometimes basic/essential, and they think that you are rich because of that, but you would know that you are not.

Then when you see people who are actually rich and when you see that they (not all of them) don't show off, they just live, it is common sense to put yourself in other person's shoes and understand that it is about the amount of money they have, not the status that they want to show off.

EDIT: No, I havent considered LSI because I know my whole life.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The wealthiest LIIs I know are a couple who have no kids but have a beautiful custom designer house on either 40 or 80 acres, I can't remember which. She is a Pfizer chemist and he works for the university in some capacity in IT, and he used to be a chemist. Both have PhD's. I can't remember what cars they drive. Something nondescript.

She has Chinese ancestry and looks like an inscrutable scholar. He might have German ancestry and looks like he hasn't cut his hair or beard since 1200 AD.

After they got established in their new house, the guy came over to see my toys and then he bought a few similar things for himself. One thing he bought which puzzled me was a backhoe. It's either a backhoe or some other kind of construction machine. It has a diesel engine and is yellow and looks like a miniature dinosaur and I asked him why in the world he wanted to buy that.
    He said he uses it to clear the snow off his long driveway, but he really got it because it's useful for picking up big rocks. Which he seems to do a lot. His driveway has these big rocks set on either side of it, all along its length.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a boat. I suspect that he might have an exotic beer collection somewhere in that house.
    The house is very large and airy and is all white surfaces and windows and walls at odd angles. I like it, but it's not a "warm" house.

If you call them and they don't pick up, you hear the following message:

Him: "Hi! I'm Kurt!"
    Her: "and I'm Kathy..."
    Both together: "And We're a Recording!"
    Him: "We can't get to the phone right now,"
    Her: "But if you'd like to leave a message"
    Both together: "We'll call you back as soon as we can!"
    ....Beeeeep.

Clearly, two e5's.

They are a nice couple, but just a bit odd.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-31-2021 at 01:07 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Diane Hennacy Powell maybe ILE. She investigates ESP phenomena. Look at this video where she demonstrates her ‘testing’. Scientific cringe. Michael Persinger, who conducted more serious research on the same topic (this being maybe his most notable research paper) also looked Alpha.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I checked my bank account few months back I got cable internet connection, bought a laptop, bought used PC and new 4k monitor. I think it ends here. It was quite necessary upgrade regrading my hobbies.

But I have driver's license because folks at home paid it for me and I was practically forced to get it. I still do my best to avoid owning a car. What if they bought me a car? I think I might possibly have one. It is in habits. For example I just find 768p monitor just too cumbersome these days.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Teenager ILE female seems to be good case of ADHD Ne variety.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Suggestive seems to be concerned suggestive via role. IMO. Hence T bases are often ritualistic (N bases are reactive for example Ne bases gives a rebuff and so on. F bases make queries, S bases try to get into scheme of things).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Suggestive seems to be concerned suggestive via role. IMO. Hence T bases are often ritualistic (N bases are reactive for example Ne bases gives a rebuff and so on. F bases make queries, S bases try to get into scheme of things).
    And @shotgunfingers swallows

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm gonna call her SEI, because 4D Si and not Delta.

Plus, there's Caregiving.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha SFs love him! https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMemrBvQx/

(sorry it’s a tiktok link)

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Alpha SFs love him! https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMemrBvQx/

(sorry it’s a tiktok link)
    HAHAHAH a brogrammer of the ILE variety. I have also met SLE brogrammers but they never use glasses.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII (Sheldon) has ESE mother (Mary)

Aren't they cute?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hate the series, and sheldon seems completely obnoxious. I dislike that people think he has the same type as me.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I really hate the series, and sheldon seems completely obnoxious. I dislike that people think he has the same type as me.
    Yup that is one way to identify own type. If a person is obnoxious with issues that are very easy to pinpoint he/she could very well be identical.

It is like hearing your own voice from outside sources.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup that is one way to identify own type. If a person is obnoxious with issues that are very easy to pinpoint he/she could very well be identical.

It is like hearing your own voice from outside sources.

I mean he's a fictional character that doesn't really behave like a single type, and I'm usually sympathetic towards other LII because I see the similar ways that we struggle with in life. I find the show and the characters to be really uninteresting, though. (I personally wish people would watch different stuff, just as I think that people should read different books than Harry Potter).

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I mean he's a fictional character that doesn't really behave like a single type, and I'm usually sympathetic towards other LII because I see the similar ways that we struggle in with in life. I find the show and the characters to be really uninteresting, though. (I personally wish people would watch different stuff, just as I think that people should read different books than Harry Potter).
    Sheldon's character shows huge narcissistic autistic traits. Anyway, those are not in type requirements... one has to type past that.

Well, ILE's let it be fictional or not they say sh*t that is just awkward. Something what I do a lot when I don't guard myself.... Kind of obvious but it just kind of rolls that way.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-Fe

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESE therapist talking about her intellectual asexual clients mb LII's
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right this chick. I gather a Se Ti analyst. Everything becomes an object.

ESE have more warmth.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post

ESE have more warmth.
    Well, SLE might work. It is hard to say because she is talking to a camera.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post

ESE have more warmth.
    100% agree. Esther Perel is a wonderful example of a psychotherapist who seems ESE.

Look at all that radiant Fe power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sojourn View Post
    100% agree. Esther Perel is a wonderful example of a psychotherapist who seems ESE.

Look at all that radiant Fe power
    Is she really ESE? I mean she has a really strong control, or sort of naturality to her expressed emotion and talks about the interaction in relationships.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for some reason I can imagine her being an LSE, like some female version of sol. she seems rather unemotional to me, has a rather mechanical way of describing things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqzIpo3nCO4

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, person who talks about becoming one with body and liking intellectuals as complimentary. Yup. Lolz...
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Adam Back mb ILE

He claims not to be Bitcoin inventor pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto despite of:
    -Having 1:1 skill-set with the person
    -Having matching timelines in activity (when Satoshi was active, Adam was not)
    -Minimal exchange between him and Nakamoto
    -Had a neighbor named Nakamoto
    -British English
    -Same typographical quirks
    -Similar writing style
    -Huge need to correct written Bitcoin history (Wikipedia etc)
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kendra is an SEI of the gigglesaur variety (tehe subtype).

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viswanathan Anand, LII.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aurora - SEI-Si

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_HlPboLRL8

Her aesthetic, lyrics, and fashion

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    Aurora - SEI-Si

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_HlPboLRL8

Her aesthetic, lyrics, and fashion
    imo, her aesthetics seem more Ni/Se to me. They are not really focused on comfort/pleasing sensations as much as some vision of an image she has that she is trying to portray in all of her work, on the fantastical side. I think some people think aesthetics is only in the realm of Si, but, @BrightDemonSheep96 got me me thinking lately with some of his posts how aesthetics an be Ni, too, especially in a certain way, and this matches my own observations...
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    imo, her aesthetics seem more Ni/Se to me. They are not really focused on comfort/pleasing sensations as much as some vision of an image she has that she is trying to portray in all of her work, on the fantastical side. I think some people think aesthetics is only in the realm of Si, but, @<a href="https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/member.php?u=7122" target="_blank">BrightDemonSheep96</a> got me me thinking lately with some of his posts how aesthetics an be Ni, too, especially in a certain way, and this matches my own observations...
    I think that has some Fi behind it.

In contrast I think this is possibly bursting of Si.
    https://lyricstranslate.com/en/suuri...our-shore.html
    It clearly lives in the moment.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    imo, her aesthetics seem more Ni/Se to me. They are not really focused on comfort/pleasing sensations as much as some vision of an image she has that she is trying to portray in all of her work, on the fantastical side. I think some people think aesthetics is only in the realm of Si, but, @BrightDemonSheep96 got me me thinking lately with some of his posts how aesthetics an be Ni, too, especially in a certain way, and this matches my own observations...
    Quoting because I now do think I mistyped her as Alpha instead of Beta. I think she may be LSI-Ti. My LSI-Se friend loved her music and while I do perceive Ni/Se, I also get strong Si vibes. Might even be ESI.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gloria Vanderbilt - SEI

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alia al-Hussein, SEI