Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, we're a contemplative bunch aren't we? Judging by these songs... I wish that the Humpty Dance was Delta, it'd lighten the mood.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was sparked by the Darfur thread.

This one, however, is not:

I think the next socionics gathering should perform this dance.

A more serious song again-
    "Where have all the cowboys gone"

I'm not sure what quadra that would be though.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JT "Country Road"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UsCW-YWAKpY

Probably all of James Taylor, really. I'm thinking of the album "Mudslide Slim and the Blue Horizon" right now.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imaginary Folklore

Alright, last one
    "Who's Theme", by Mimi
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Vxq8CLoltI
    I really like her voice.
    With lyrics -
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZsmpP--NX7E&feature=related

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is something about this song and video that strikes me as Delta, or possibly Alpha...

"Nothing Compares to You"
    Sinead O'Connor
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=vyCn3ENm_Us&feature=related

I know that the lyrics were written by Prince, and that Sinead might not be Delta in person, but for some reason she seems ISTp to me in this video if you imagine this song being actually written by her instead, and not knowing anything about her except this video, and that she is singing it to someone in real life.

- If you look at the lyrics, certain parts would seem Si valuing, such as how she could go out to eat at fancy restaurants but it wouldn't take away her sadness. Also, she mentions how the flowers died in the backyard when mother died. These two parts are really "out of the blue" in the song, which makes me think that it's something really important for her to be saying.

- The emotional standstill shown in her face during the video seems ISTp to me, and how she only sheds a few tears at the end considering the types of things she is saying in the song.

Again, you would have to look at this video as if you didn't know anything about her or the song. I don't know why, but the Fi valuing that I get from this video, combined with other factors, would make me believe she is ISTp.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sia - Sunday

(might be Alpha, I'm not sure, now that I think about it.)
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    There is something about this song and video that strikes me as Delta, or possibly Alpha...

Sinead O'Connor

I know that the lyrics were written by Prince, and that Sinead might not be Delta in person, but for some reason she seems ISTp to me in this video if you imagine this song being actually written by her instead, and not knowing anything about her except this video, and that she is singing it to someone in real life.

- If you look at the lyrics, certain parts would seem Si valuing, such as how she could go out to eat at fancy restaurants but it wouldn't take away her sadness. Also, she mentions how the flowers died in the backyard when mother died. These two parts are really "out of the blue" in the song, which makes me think that it's something really important for her to be saying.

- The emotional standstill shown in her face during the video seems ISTp to me, and how she only sheds a few tears at the end considering the types of things she is saying in the song.

Again, you would have to look at this video as if you didn't know anything about her or the song. I don't know why, but the Fi valuing that I get from this video, combined with other factors, would make me believe she is ISTp.

What type is Prince? ISFP maybe???? I could see ISTP-Te for her in this video. Not sure about real life, but I think she is a priest now.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post

Sinead O'Connor

I was reading through this thread and I just had to say that, even if it seems a little twisted, that is EXACTLY how I would want someone to react if I'd left them. Specifically that as comfortable as they can make themselves, there's no point in being comfortable without me to make life *special* for them, to make life fun and interesting. Because in relationships, that's what I see myself as able to provide. I can't make people comfortable or at least, I don't want to do that. I want to make a grey day seem technicoloured; I want to make a plodding rhythm dance; I want to make the light shimmer for them.

And I'd want them to say it to me in that very emotionally minimal way, like they're so unaccostomed to expressing their emotions, but I mean so much to them that they're trying. I don't want an outpouring of words or emotional articulation and fluency, because I myself can provide that. That's me. I want sincerity, simplicity and frankness. So...I can see that song/video being my dual (which is a strange thing to say, maybe).
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)