Thread: Stereotypes of ESFps in relationships

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew View Post
    How is dolphin able to comment in this thread and why is dolphin even being quoted ... ?
    That okay?

I love dolphin.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    That okay?
    It is highly degrading, but then that forum seems dedicated to hating me and the16types.info; it is where all the misfits end up that do not seem to know how to be decent in this forum.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This message is endorsed by rmcnew (blame him!).

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew View Post
    It is highly degrading, but then that forum seems dedicated to hating me and the16types.info; it is where all the misfits end up that do not seem to know how to be decent in this forum.
    Of course it's degrading. What isn't degrading? "I like big butts and I cannot lie" being used as a universal standard for male ESFps? You being a magnet for female ESFps? Oh mcnew, you're the judge of decency aren't you. You're so decent. It's alright for you to imply ESFps are whores, but it isn't alright for me to address this bullshit.

Disgusting.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Fi SEEs are my dualz.

Whoever dares to say SEEs are whores... has to answer to me.
    ^_^
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of sluts as people who sleep with people who are involved with others, just because they can.

I think of whores as people who sleep with other people for money or other benefits.

So I guess what an ESFp would be is...sexually open? Sexually free? Sensually impulsive? LoL....
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. hasn't anyone met serious SEEs. like more serious compared to that "always talking about sex" stereotype.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my own experience with people SLEs and SEEs have most often (more than any other type) been assumed sluts (men and women). This is not by my own judgment, but from overhearing other people talking of them or them talking about themselves. Furthermore SLEs and SEEs have also been the most likely to agree that they, indeed, are sluts, so much as to take pride in their sluttery and expect everyone else to do the same.

NOW, this does not mean that SLEs and SEEs are ALL sluts. I've gotten to know numerous people of these types throughout my life. I've also noticed a pattern that should be taken into consideration:

Extroverted Se types are probably the most physically impulsive types. Physical impulsivity relates to Se, to want to do something and to satisfy this by doing it. I think that it's been discussed here before that depressed types tend to compensate for their depression by seeking solace in their strongest function. Now consider the situation for a depressed Se-dominant type. The last thing they want is for ANYONE to see them as weak or vulnerable. In the modern day its pretty much become socially acceptable, at least among friends, to be a slut. Unhealthy Se-types, in my experience, fear two things above all: 1) loneliness 2) boredom For both men and women it serves as a distraction and gives them something amusing to talk to their friends about. The distraction is key because so long as they have plans involving other people they can avoid sitting down and seriously reflecting on their own loneliness. You'll notice that such people also go to bars a lot and drink (as in binge drink) at least once a week. The key is that the philandering and alcohol is purposefully combined in the most socially acceptable manner possible (drinking in a bar? what's wrong with that? sex? why not?). This is key because it allows them to seem strong to others. What's unhealthy here is that they tend to need to drink often just to have fun, and really, they're only sluts when they're drunk. Also they like to create "little crisis" melodramas which allow them to take control of the situation. These SLEs and SEEs are the ones that create and reinforce the stereotype because they're the most vocal.

There are SLEs and SEEs that don't fit this stereotype. My brother for example is a healthy and secure SEE. He's in university at the moment and reads a lot. I mean A LOT. He's doing better in university than I ever did and is taking philosophy and business (the latter of which is merely for practical reasons, he often scoffs at his business classes, and praises his philosophy ones, loves the Ni). If you start talking about intellectual things with him he actually listens and indeed probably knows even more than you (usually more than me anyways, and I read A LOT). That being said he's also always doing something when he's not reading. He goes camping, backpacking to different countries, skydiving, plays musical instruments etc. He doesn't boast about himself in any way and, really, doesn't need to. Loves intelligent women (avoids melodrama)

The difference between the unhealthy and healthy versions is in whether they seek to contrive their image, which is in turn tied to their self-worth (boasting, bragging, openly criticizing others, asserting their dominance).

That's the long answer as I've come to know it. Also if any unhealthy SLE or SEE reads this they will contrive a reason to falsify it because by accepting it they accept being seen as "weak", but my Ni sees through all
    INFp-Ni

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Exactly. (I have both a SEE and a SLE sister. The SLE is by far the "worst", but both have been called sluts, and it is not fair)

And your definitions also mean that A LOT of people (men and women) who are not at all regarded slutty by society, but who are together or even marries, for power or money or having a beautiful partner to show the world, or any other such materialistic reasons, are in fact whores. But only they can tell. Not others.

People should stop judging.

Probably they should take a good look at themselves instead...?

i've never really understood the looking at yourself thing. Isn't that self-indulgent.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. (I have both a SEE and a SLE sister. The SLE is by far the "worst", but both have been called sluts, and it is not fair)

And your definitions also mean that A LOT of people (men and women) who are not at all regarded slutty by society, but who are together or even marries, for power or money or having a beautiful partner to show the world, or any other such materialistic reasons, are in fact whores. But only they can tell. Not others.

People should stop judging.

Probably they should take a good look at themselves instead...?

It's more like....if they married or are with, or are sleeping with the person providing money, power, world showing.....while the person who is doing those things for them thinks that they are only with them out of love and loyalty...than its not exactly right. And would qualify them in the whore category.

I'm constantly looking at myself, I don't see this as a bad thing or self indulgent. It's the best way I can tell to improve. I've been called selfish and self-centered by talking about my self-analyzations too much however. Mainly by Alpha and Beta sorts.....so when I'm around the sort who don't mind or maybe even are amused by it....I tend to get pangs of self-consciousness because I'm expecting some kind of whip lash for talking so much about myself or so in depth about relationships and things I've picked up from them. This is detrimental to my awesomeness ability to not care what others think.....because I got too used to offending the people around me...now when I talk I expect it. This can be fixed though, over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    ]They're just quick to initiate sex, and they're great at getting what they desire. They're not sluts, but of course people are going to get that impression.

I assume that when SEE's develop strong feelings it probably feels something like an explosion of energy and I guess the Se is going to make them just go for it without really thinking twice. I think this could also be part of the reason why you see a lot of bisexual SEE's. They just don't stop to evaluate those feelings or impulses because it seems to be all or nothing with them. That's why they need ILI's, while ILI's need them for that 'push'.

>_<

i've gotten in soooooo much trouble >_<

all worth it though man.....mostly...lol....at least i have good stories right? i'd rather be done with it though dood.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O.O

In what way do you feel judged by Alphas and Betas?

I have never met anyone as self-analyzing as I am, and I wouldn't dream of judging people who evaluate themselves....

(However, I DO tend to see my SEE sister as an egoist, but for other reasons... )
    Because I'm always talking about my analyzations...I dont really keep it to myself. And they see this as me trying to pull all attention towards myself instead of them getting any. So they think I'm just being selfish and don't care about anyone else but myself.

Which isn't true...I just....talk a lot.....and don't realize when people don't want to hear it. o_o
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

But you could say that "thinking" or "feeling" are self-indulgence, and that animalistic instincts are better as they are never wrong… So just act, don't think or feel...

The higher we move in Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the less we act on instinct, and the more self-indulgent we become. I still prefer self-indulgence, lol...
    You're taking Merky too seriously, and being kinda weak now. He was just testing with that comment.

It's exactly the opposite, not taking look in yourself most likely results in self-indulgence. Not the other way around, except maybe for a Si-type.

Self-indulgence is excessive or unrestrained gratification of one's own appetites, desires, or whims.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Why is that?
    Because concentrating on what your body wants results in self-indulgence.

I'm just having fun with the ideas he gave me, challenging myself to see things from an opposite point of view, my way isn't necessarily the best way for humanity. And that is pretty painful to admit.
    The problem was more that you thinked/wrote in wrong terms, making what you said partially nonsense.

Your thinking was meaningful in a sense, but what you was thinking about had to do with something else than self-indulgence. So everytime you said sentence with word self-indulgence in it, you were automatically wrong. And because of this, what results is that you go on wrong track in your thinking. It's like doing math calculations, but replacing a number with a wrong one.

The problem was your Te-PoLR

The underlying ideas that you had, were more meaningful.

But I really, really enjoy thinking more than most other things... And I should probably do more of other things. I tend to think a little too much at times.
    Well this sort of brings more sense in what you said. But it applies only to you, and maybe also other people of your type then. But you don't have berate yourself about it, the mankind isn't going to collapse if you (or people in general) keep thinking

I, for example don't enjoy thinking, or feel anything regarding to that activity. I just do that all the time, regardless if I like it or not. I wouldn't want to stop, because that would be self-indulgent and fruitless.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    You're taking Merky too seriously, and being kinda weak now. He was just testing with that comment.

It's exactly the opposite, not taking look in yourself most likely results in self-indulgence. Not the other way around, except maybe for a Si-type.

Self-indulgence is excessive or unrestrained gratification of one's own appetites, desires, or whims.
    You SHOULD have unrestrained gratification of your appetites, desires etc ...

What I think you're actually trying to say is that one should place limits upon themselves, so as to give other people a fair chance and not take too much more than your fair chair.

And Warlord, you're a fruit cake. Don't read into my behaviour.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warlord, can you change your avatar? It is annoying.
    To answer the main question: No, but I do think SEEs are more prone to have their whore side manifest itself in reality. When I think of SEEs being whores, it actually kind of comforts me, because it seems like they are so open and honest about their sexuality that... there are no lies to it. And I also think of how much a whore the everyday person would be if we could see inside their minds and find all the things they were thinking throughout the day; but with SEE I don't think this is prominent, because they just go ahead and do what they want and say what they want. So you at least know at all times where they stand. One thing I have noticed also, is they will not cheat on the people they are with

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    What I think you're actually trying to say is that one should place limits upon themselves, so as to give other people a fair chance and not take too much more than your fair chair.
    No, what I'm saying that people should concentrate doing more productice stuff, and be wiser. To find out what you really want. Rather than doing things based on a whim. Like do you really want to stay healthy and normal weight or a chocolate cake. Or do you want to be ass-raped by Bubba daily in prison, or avoid problems and leave that granny and her 10 bucks alone.

EDIT: Actually now that I read, what I had said, I wasn't really saying anything about that. I just gave the proper definition of self-indulgence.

And Warlord, you're a fruit cake. Don't read into my behaviour.
    Yes I will You often say stuff to probe how people will react to it. So you can find information about them that way.

Like for example someone might something to test if someone is going to just accept it. If they find out someone who will accept it easily. They know that they can plant other "realities" to the other person, that are more useful to the first person.
    Last edited by Warlord; 11-15-2008 at 12:34 PM.

INTp

apart from discussing the correctness of the question...

I cant speak for all SEE's, though I do tend to flirt with most of the guys I meet. Its happens naturally, I guess its just the easiest way for me to get their full attention and to see what kind of person they are. But it never goes beyond flirting - if I like the person, I make him my friend, if I don't, then I disappear.

at any rate, no one ever had guts to call me a whore
    Last edited by Bright Morning Sun; 12-01-2008 at 07:15 AM.
    the greatest praise a person can have is composed of two simple symbols

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Morning Sun View Post

I cant talk for all SEE's, though I do tend to flirt with most of the guys I meet. Its happens naturally, I guess its just the easiest way for me to get their full attention and to see what kind of person they are. But it never goes beyond flirting - if I like the person, I make him my friend, if I don't, then I disappear.

at any rate, no one ever had guts to calls me a whore
    Hi, welcome to hell! I mean the forum...

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I cant talk for all SEE's, though I do tend to flirt with most of the guys I meet. Its happens naturally, I guess its just the easiest way for me to get their full attention and to see what kind of person they are. But it never goes beyond flirting - if I like the person, I make him my friend, if I don't, then I disappear.

at any rate, no one ever had guts to calls me a whore
    Hello! I love your username!

Thank you

at any rate, no one ever had guts to call me a whore
    Don't write that in a form of a challenge

INTp

he-he
    well, written so explicitly, the challenge ceases to have any meaning, doesn't it?
    so calling me names after what i said would sound totally lame

love the critical thinking, though!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEX, GUNS, EXPLOSIONS, FAST CARS, SEX, ONOMATOPOEIA, SEX, BANG, BOOM, SEX, CARS, GUYS WHO LOOK SAD, SEX, BLAM, SEX!!!

On the whole, I always find them more faithful, though.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A TeNi White LIE View Post
    SEX, GUNS, EXPLOSIONS, FAST CARS, SEX, ONOMATOPOEIA, SEX, BANG, BOOM, SEX, CARS, GUYS WHO LOOK SAD, SEX, BLAM, SEX!!!

On the whole, I always find them more faithful, though.

So childish.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose this is another classic example of a LIE thinking that his audience understood that being 'childish' was the point...
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Has anyone here ever read classical socionics texts?
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You say you want a revolution
    Well you know
    we all want to change the world
    You tell me that it's evolution
    Well you know
    We all want to change the world
    But when you talk about destruction
    Don't you know you can count me out, in
    Don't you know it's gonna be alright
    Alright Alright

You say you got a real solution
    Well you know
    we'd all love to see the plan
    You ask me for a contribution
    Well you know
    We're all doing what we can
    If you want money for people with minds that hate
    All I can tell you is brother you have to wait
    Alright Alright

You say you'll change the constitution
    Well you know
    we'd all love to change your head
    You tell me it's the institution
    Well you know
    You better free your mind instead
    But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
    You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
    Alright ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Has anyone here ever read classical socionics texts?
    please, define classical socionics texts

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The things which were written which founded socionics. No one really knows exactly what they aren't, but every now and then there's a dumbass who doesn't understand a modified aspect of socionics, so they use the term classical socionics. Augusta and Model A is all it means
    Last edited by crazedrat; 12-02-2008 at 11:38 PM.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

he-he
    well, written so explicitly, the challenge ceases to have any meaning, doesn't it?
    so calling me names after what i said would sound totally lame

love the critical thinking, though!
    Just call her cute. And be done with it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what type are you mercutio

he-he, if you ever find Augusta's original texts - let me know right away! i'd love to read some!
    you can't even buy those...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're russian?
    i don't think anyone else here reads russian, so we really wouldn't know.
    Kind of unusual for an SEE to be so into education.
    usually they're kind of dumb
    It must be a cultural thing ..
    Last edited by crazedrat; 12-03-2008 at 01:50 AM.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    what type are you mercutio
    I'm your type, CrazedRat.. come a little closer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only an alpha type can be so pointlessly annoying

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of unusual for an SEE to be so into education.
    usually they're kind of dumb
    It must be a cultural thing ..
    That's not true.

only an alpha type can be so pointlessly annoying
    He's ESTp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)