Thread: Interdependency of functions: Why?

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dual functions are like two sides of the same coin

In summary:
    =
    =
    =
    =

Details:
    and are actually the same thing.

If you have a developed then your is automatically undeveloped. If your is developed then your is automatically undeveloped. They cannot be developed together. It's either one or the other.

As a result, a person with developed needs someone with developed .

A person with developed automatically suppresses in order for to actually develop and function.

Why does clash with or ?
    and are two side of the same coin. is on a seperate coin altogether.

What are your thoughts?

Pretty interesting. Why are certain functions on the same coin? Seems almost like a developmental decision-tree.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a post a while ago called "observation related to the hidden agenda" or something of that nature in which I linked a comparatively underdeveloped creative function to a strong hidden agenda and a comparatively underdeveloped base function to a strong dual-seeking function. I think that your ideas in this post are completely correct and that the strength of one function will grow or diminish as the strength of the function that supports it grows or diminishes.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this is anything new. It's just an interpretation of something that has already been said hundreds of times. A good interpretation, nonetheless.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell Demon
    Pretty interesting. Why are certain functions on the same coin? Seems almost like a developmental decision-tree.
    Think of an on/off switch. There are not two separate buttons. There is only one switch for two functions - switching on and switching off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tempus
    I made a post a while ago called "observation related to the hidden agenda" or something of that nature in which I linked a comparatively underdeveloped creative function to a strong hidden agenda and a comparatively underdeveloped base function to a strong dual-seeking function. I think that your ideas in this post are completely correct and that the strength of one function will grow or diminish as the strength of the function that supports it grows or diminishes.
    Could you provide a link please. Thanks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I don't think this is anything new. It's just an interpretation of something that has already been said hundreds of times. A good interpretation, nonetheless.
    Could you provide a link of where it has already been said please. Thanks.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Could you provide a link of where it has already been said please. Thanks.
    I was speaking in general terms. And I 'm feeling kinda lazy and unmotivated to look up for a specific evidince.

Your Fe sucks, by the way
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, Hugo! I would hate the see the mug of the person's face you ripped off this time around! What a freak!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh yeah, and I agree with the general premise ... but I am not sure if I agree that a person who has both and will not be able to develop both, just one becomes the creative function and one becomes the hidden agenda. Both can be developed over time, but not at the same time.

That is sort of why I think I am confused about whether I am alogical type or an ethical type. I have tried to develope both my and my at diffrent periods in my life and I have been confused as to what goes where. So, I am stuck somewhere between ENTp,ENFj, or INFp.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how would you explain the functional analysis of the types? For example, an ENTP has NeTiFeSi. How would Fe be one of their active functions at all if what you say is true?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In socionics, ENTP (ILE) is Ne-Ti-Se-Fi.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Ohh yeah, and I agree with the general premise ... but I am not sure if I agree that a person who has both and will not be able to develop both, just one becomes the creative function and one becomes the hidden agenda. Both can be developed over time, but not at the same time.
    As I said, it's like an on/off switch. If is on, is off. And vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    That is sort of why I think I am confused about whether I am alogical type or an ethical type. I have tried to develope both my and my at diffrent periods in my life and I have been confused as to what goes where. So, I am stuck somewhere between ENTp,ENFj, or INFp.
    This should sort problem out:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1789