Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Caution: Metaphysical Bullshit - where did socionics come from?

Creepy-

fdsfds

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I have never had a mystical experience, whatever that means, but I know that God exists. The creation of God points to God's existance."

Like the creation of the Greek gods point to their existence?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God is one. God is beyond numbers and has no human attributes. God is limitless.

When you know that the universe was created, you know of God's existence.

Creepy-

dfsfsd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, cosmology doesn't really seem to indicate that the universe was created, it just seems to indicate that it went from a state of a singularity(whatever the hell they mean by this) to its current state.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-

dfsdfs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never had a mystical experience, whatever that means, but I know that God exists. The creation of God points to God's existance.
    You know, pal, you're not really helping prove your point at all here. I'm a firm believer in God, but I'm not going to hold up any side of this argument.

I'd say in the position guest has put himself in, mystic and molly, it's not worth arguing with him anymore. He hasn't said anything of any worth. You can't expect people to just believe you, guest. You have to actually say something to sway their opinion. But you don't seem to be understanding that essential part to a basic argument.

It's not worth arguing anymore, no one is getting anywhere. Anyone that has anything legitimite to say and has "proof" of what they believe has said it. Guest covers his ears and simply states his opinions in his already strong beleifs, which is just grand and all, but he just isn't giving any solid description or information. Don't get me wrong guest, I respect you because you have such strong beliefs, but you can't expect anyone to believe as easily, and you should work on holding up a good argument. No offence intended.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Qur’an, which was revealed 14 centuries ago at a time when the science of astronomy was still primitive, the expansion of the universe was described like this:

"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it." (Surat adh-Dhariyat: 47)

The word “heaven”, as stated in this verse, is used in various places in the Qur’an with the meaning of space and universe. Here again, the word is used with this meaning. In other words, in the Qur’an, it is communicated that the universe “expands”.

And this is the very conclusion that science has reached today.

Until the dawn of the 20th century, the only view prevailing in the world of science was that “the universe has a constant nature and it has existed since infinite time”. The research, observations, and calculations carried out by means of modern technology, however, revealed that the universe in fact had a beginning and that it constantly expands.

At the beginning of the 20th century, the Russian physicist Alexander Friedmann and the Belgian cosmologist Georges Lemaitre theoretically calculated that the universe is in constant motion and that it is expanding.

This fact was proved also by observational data in 1929. While observing the sky with a telescope, Edwin Hubble, the American astronomer, discovered that the stars and galaxies were constantly moving away from each other. A universe where everything constantly moves away from each other implied a constantly expanding universe. The observations carried out in the following years verified that the universe constantly expands. This fact was explained in the Qur’an when it was yet unknown by anyone. This is because the Qur’an is the word of God, the Creator, and the Ruler of the entire universe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many religions take a stab at Astronomy; Islam just got lucky.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God is All Knowing. It has nothing to do wuth luck.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CREATION FROM CLAY

In the Qur'an, Allah (God) reveals that the creation of the human is a miracle. The first human being was created by Allah shaping clay into human form and breathing a soul into it:

Your Lord said to the angels, "I am going to create a human being out of clay. When I have formed him and breathed My Spirit into him, fall down in prostration to him!" (Qur'an, 38:71-72)

Then inquire of them: Is it they who are stronger in structure or other things We have created? We created them from sticky clay. (Qur'an, 37:11)

When the human body is examined today, it may be discovered that many elements present on the earth are also to be found in the body. Living tissues contain 95% carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus and sulphur, with a total of 26 different elements. In another verse of the Qur'an we are told:

We created man from an extract of clay. (Qur'an, 23:12)

The Arabic word "sulala," translated as "extract" in the verse, means "representative example, essence." As we have seen, the information revealed in the Qur'an 1,400 years ago confirms what modern science tells us-the fact that the same elements are employed in human creation as those found in the soil.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to religously quote Taylor Caldwell as if her Word is absolute truth. She is merely a human being. She is not God.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things mentioned in the Qur'an have been confirmed by modern science. The Qur'an is the Word of God.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Caution: Metaphysical Bullshit: Where did socionics come

edited

Creepy-bg

I think that life and God are two sides of the same coin. Neither neither has meaning or exhistance without the other. Mankind is special only in that we are the dominant species of the planet at this moment, hence man is created in God's image as well as God is created in man's image. I believe God exhists as the collective mind of the planet, every lifeform on the planet being a node in the mind of God. The pattern of life is to spread and evolve over a given world to eventually produce a species which is able to "know" itself and its surroundings. At that point the species becomes special in the sense that it is an embrionic seed which may eventually be "birthed" into space and spread the process of life to a new world.
    I think that where we are now as a species is nearing the point of that birth as evident by our technology. Technology however is not all that is required, in order to survive and spread off planet we must attain a new level of collective consiousness. The movement toward this consiousness has been happening for some time now. It will not simply happen on its own however. The species must become aware of the process and accept it, otherwise the result is conflict which drives the species back towards further evolution in order to develop the missing components. This is perhaps the underlying cause to the extreamly violent nature of the last century.
    The Cold War can be seen as the development of a split within the collective mind. At that point two seperate paths of history, science, and philosophy were established. This is perhaps another natural occurance which provides the means of understanding which is needed in order for the species to "come together" as a single organism. At the same time it also produced the means of eradicating the currently dominant species in the event that it cannot form a coherent whole by the production of weapons of mass destruction. Thereby the planet either spawns the seed or it resets itself and begins growing a brand new seed.
    Our task then is to transend the human condition and find a means to cement peacefull coexhistance within the species. To me it is obvious that this can only occur by peacefull means. Eliminating a conflicting part of the species would remove a required component, thereby producing a defective seed which would not be able to properly function. We must find ways to heal the collective without damaging it in order to attain wholeness. It is by overcoming this delema that a spacefaring species develops the final needed pieces to move to the galactic level of development. I believe this would also ensure that any "seeds" a planet produces would have the needed intelligence and ethics to be able to oversee a proper seeding without destoying anything that might already be out there. It would also ensure that no seeds with deams of conquest would be spawned... In a sense, survival of the fittest is the means of evolution only on a planetary scale... it is transended upon the shift from planetary to galactic evolution.
    By this system "War of the Worlds" and "Independance Day" do not happen. A species which cannot remove its violent tendencies does not produce a spacefaring race.
    In the event that one culture rises to total domination over the others it most likely would set itself up in the position of "God", if not by choice then by circumstance. Any sufficiently wide gap in technology or power would likely produce this. Thereby the cycle is reset until the next time a coherent whole is possible with the previous circumstances of the failed emergence being encoded in some way to improve the chances of future success. A new religion perhaps? A new devil (the previously dominant culture) and a new view of God?
    This process would produce a world just like we have today, with many different but similar religions and philosophies. Each of which is but one of the elements of understanding needed. With this also comes a growing state of seperation, "my God is the only true God, and what you believe is the Devil!" The more knowledge which is available about what needs to be done the more difficult it will be to use that knowledge to attain cohesion.

I could go on, but I'm sick of typing... In this system I've been able to find explanation for nearly every aspect of our world, including the "Greys" (the butt probing aliens who like to draw mandala's in our corn)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Qur'an, Allah (God) reveals that the creation of the human is a miracle. The first human being was created by Allah shaping clay into human form and breathing a soul into it:

Your Lord said to the angels, "I am going to create a human being out of clay. When I have formed him and breathed My Spirit into him, fall down in prostration to him!" (Qur'an, 38:71-72)
    ... and the Bible says the same thing...

Now that we are on the subject, it is impossible for God to be looking over and judging each and every person on earth. To believe the way you act on earth will dictate where you go when you die is based on fear that there will be nothing after you die. The Bible proves that God is not all knowing, unless you don't believe what the bible says...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goat
    The pattern of life is to spread and evolve over a given world to eventually produce a species which is able to "know" itself and its surroundings.
    And this is called making the unconscious conscious. I completely agree, and this is why "man" is considered "special", because we are more conscious than any other living thing. This is obvious, because the more conscious you are of yourself and your world, the more power you have. But note that I do not entirely agree with your peaceful ideal of consciousness. You can know yourself completely, but in the end, you can't control your unconscious, the Socionics part of yourself. And this condition makes you more dangerous than ever.

On the whole, I like your thoughts.

And note that the Ku Klux Klan would actually be against world peace, since one of their central ideas is the right to an identity. Socionics proves that anti-Utopian books are correct in showing that in order to achieve world peace, you have to rid people of any identity whatsoever. So if you're against Utopianism, then you're against world peace, and you sympathize with the KKK. If you want an identity, these are the necessary but painful prices.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Molly
    Did agree on your God comment. You were listening! Opps! That was Rocky.
    This is proved on about page three of the Bible. I'm talking about when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. Adam realizes he is naked and hides from God. God has to ask, "Where are you?" and there were only two people on the entire planet. God also didn't even know Adam ate the fruit until Adam TOLD God he ate it.... how am I suppossed to belive that God can watch over the 7 BILLION people on this planet?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's all powerful?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    He's all powerful?
    My point was that God isn't all KNOWING, because he can't (and apparently never did) "watch over us" to make sure we are all good little girls and boys.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, even though he could CHOOSE to be omniscient, he instead chooses lack of knowledge?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    So, even though he could CHOOSE to be omniscient, he instead chooses lack of knowledge?
    I don't know... but if God has to ask "Where are you?" to Adam, one of only two people on earth, then there is no way he could possibaly know what 7 billion people are doing each day and who is good and evil.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he HAD to, per se, but instead CHOSE to deprive himself of such knowledge.

Creepy-

fsdfsf

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he didn't want to? Maybe he was too lazy.

Creepy-

dfdsfs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perh...what?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone said, "God is illogical."

...and then he disappeared.

Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

... and the Bible says the same thing...

Now that we are on the subject, it is impossible for God to be looking over and judging each and every person on earth. To believe the way you act on earth will dictate where you go when you die is based on fear that there will be nothing after you die. The Bible proves that God is not all knowing, unless you don't believe what the bible says...
    I'm only talking from the perspective of the Qur'an.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Qur'an states that God is All-Knowing and All-Powerful. God doesn't have human limits.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sex of the Child

Until fairly recently, it was thought that a baby's sex was determined by the mother's cells. Or at least, it was believed that the sex was determined by the male and female cells together. But, we are given different information in the Qur'an, where it is stated that masculinity or femininity is created out of "a drop of sperm which has been ejected."

He (God) has created both sexes, male and female from a drop of semen which has been ejected. (Qur'an, 53:45-46)

The developing disciplines of genetics and molecular biology have scientifically validated the accuracy of this information given by the Qur'an. It is now understood that sex is determined by the sperm cells from the male, and that the female has no role in this process.

The Y chromosome carries characteristics of masculinity, while the X chromosome carries those of femininity. In the mother's egg, there is only the X chromosome, which determines female characteristics. In the semen from the father, there are sperms that include either X or Y chromosomes. Therefore, the sex of the baby depends on whether the sperm fertilising the egg contains an X or Y chromosome. In other words, as stated in the verse, the factor determining the sex of the baby is the semen, which comes from the father. This knowledge, which could not have been known at the time when the Qur'an was revealed, is evidence to the fact that the Qur'an is the Word of God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know... but if God has to ask "Where are you?" to Adam, one of only two people on earth, then there is no way he could possibaly know what 7 billion people are doing each day and who is good and evil.
    I think he said it in more of a testing way not that he was actually asking. You can't read the bible so litterly I don't think.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast