Thread: Naughtiest type?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    Quiet waters run deep, but they are only comparatively quiet. This is a fractal we're talking about, and the only reason deep water is quiet is because deep water is usually also wide, and so relatively few disturbances occur per square centimeter. However, overall, if we look at the term "waters" as referring to an entity, just like an "atmosphere" or a "human" and count and measure the distrubances quantatively, then the quiet waters usually have very little surface and little beneath it. Ergo, quiet waters don't run deep. Deep waters just produce the illusion of calm.

I hope I made sense at all up there .
    A brilliant reply! :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope I made sense at all up there .
    You probably did, but I'm struggling a bit. Nothing to do with you. I've got to make an appointment with my dentist and I'm staring at that like a cornered rabbit at the snake. No space for other thoughts. Too busy telling myself I'll be alright.

Deep waters just produce the illusion of calm.
    That's true. I know lots of introverts who appear calm on the surface but aren't really. They just implode instead of explode. And I know an ISTJ and an ISFJ who come across as rigid and dutiful, but they have an enormous zest for life. For their age they can be enormously playful and silly. Same thing for naughtiness. Some folks can seem repressed on the surface, but once they do let themselves go wild...

However, overall, if we look at the term "waters" as referring to an entity, just like an "atmosphere" or a "human" and count and measure the distrubances quantatively, then the quiet waters usually have very little surface and little beneath it. Ergo, quiet waters don't run deep.
    *scratches head* I'll go ring up that bloody dentist and then I'll re-read your posting. It'll all be clearer then.[/quote]

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, still don't understand. Sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12