Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True power of socionics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-The-Lion
    Noting subleties in how type manifests would preserve types as currently understood and allow for the variation observed.
    I want to say that i whole heartedly agree with this statement. It comes from a strictly analytical standpoint and makes perfect sense.

I suppose my opinions on what i would like socionics to become sometimes like to overstep the micro so i can move on the the macro- the BIG PICTURE. That's just because i have a global view of what socionics should become.
    This influences my opinions greatly

I just worry that the science might sort of eat itself alive. My reasons for feeling this are that A) There has not been an established correlation between type and environment. B) There is not a standard approach to testing. C) Sub-types manifest at a micro-level and are therefore prone to uncertainty elements.

When a tree is planted you know what type of tree it is. Will you be able to predict the exact patterns and directions that its branches develop? Perhaps IM type is like the "tree" and the "sub-types" are like the variations in the way in which the branches grow. Chaos elements such as changes in the environment (outside forces) can make sub-type theories useless if they are not done with care.

but i do absolutely agree with that quote. I am open minded here

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Noting subleties in how type manifests would preserve types as currently understood and allow for the variation observed."

I thought this was how personality descriptions were written in Socionics...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you'll master the basics you'll find it difficult to ignore subtypes. Forget them for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How so?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I scraped your Ego, I didn't mean to marginalize you... all I am saying is the better you know something the more importance you start to give to nuances.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I was replying to Waddles W.

Where in California do you stay?

Creepy-Waddles W.

oh you didn't scrape my ego. I'm new to this stuff, any advice is highly appreciated.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me of Cone's frustration with INFJs

Of course, my frustration usually had to do with finding out what people's true feelings were; you can't argue with an INFj with that and win.

But still, I know how you guys feel.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12